NEWROASTER's 2024 Road Glide CVO ST thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2024 | 10:56 AM
NEWROADSTER
|
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Originally Posted by Beartooth Rider
I agree, I wasn't a fan of Harley tunes either until I did the 121-135 Stage IV kit on my CVO Road Glide ST.

I was also planning on waiting until Dynojet made the Power Vision available for the new ECM to do any performance upgrades. Dynojet has a research facility about two miles from the shop that does all my work, but I couldn't wait!

There is nothing wrong with this tune!

I realize, there is probably another 10% (maybe?) to gain with an aftermarket cam and tune but with 120 MPH @ 4800 RPM I'm okay and I still have my Warranty!

Also, the prevailing thoughts seem to be that it's okay to modify the exhaust without a tune on the new bikes.
Defiantly impressive for a Harley tune. I just wanted a little more of a raunchy sound than Harley cams can generally produce. I will see how long I can stand the wait.

The following users liked this post:
Beartooth Rider (09-13-2024)
Old 09-12-2024 | 01:05 PM
NEWROADSTER
|
HDF Community Team
Community Team

I agree 100%!
I have mine dialed in where I am pretty happy, but everything is almost maxed out on the soft side and it still handles well. I bet a spring change front and rear would help the bike. The bike seems sprung for heavy people. I only way 190lb and never carry a passenger.

Old 09-12-2024 | 02:33 PM
Beartooth Rider
Supporter
Veteran: Army
Supporter

Originally Posted by NEWROADSTER
I have mine dialed in where I am pretty happy, but everything is almost maxed out on the soft side and it still handles well. I bet a spring change front and rear would help the bike. The bike seems sprung for heavy people. I only way 190lb and never carry a passenger.
I also weigh 190 and I'm currently reconfiguring the bike for the Two-Up capability with a removable Chopped Tour-Pak. The original intended purpose for this bike was a solo ride for Sport Riding with my son.

We kept our 2017 RGS with a FM 124 Stage IV build for Two-Up riding, but now we want the Two-Up capability on the CVO RG ST. I usually ride solo 65% of the time.

It will be good to have a backup Bagger in the family in event of a mechanical issue with one of our other bikes.

Last edited by Beartooth Rider; 09-12-2024 at 02:37 PM. Reason: added: removable Chopped Tour-Pak
NEWROADSTER (09-13-2024)
Old 09-13-2024 | 06:31 AM
Beartooth Rider
Supporter
Supporter

I just wanted a little more of a raunchy sound than Harley cams can generally produce.
I get it!

It's important to me too!

Old 09-13-2024 | 06:34 AM
NEWROADSTER
|
HDF Community Team
Community Team

I get it!

It's important to me too!
If you get a chance, take a video or sound clip of that thing idling. I know it should be deep from the big bore. Do you remember the compression ratio, compression helps the sound as well.

Old 09-13-2024 | 07:54 AM
Beartooth Rider
Supporter
Supporter

If you get a chance, take a video or sound clip of that thing idling. I know it should be deep from the big bore. Do you remember the compression ratio, compression helps the sound as well.
Sure, it's in the shop at the moment for the 1K post Stage IV and some cosmetic work.

I'm going to pick it up next Friday then ride the Lolo Pass with my son, I'll make a video clip when I get back the following week.

Last edited by Beartooth Rider; 09-13-2024 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Changed Lolo Trail to Lolo Pass
NEWROADSTER (09-13-2024)
Old 09-13-2024 | 12:04 PM
Beartooth Rider
Supporter
Supporter

Do you remember the compression ratio, compression helps the sound as well.
The 135ci Stage IV Crate Motors are advertising a compression ratio of 11.6:1.

That's probably the same in the 121-135 Stage IV kit as well.

Old 09-16-2024 | 01:09 PM
NEWROADSTER
|
HDF Community Team
Community Team

As an update to my previous post, I installed the Trashing Supply shifter goodies at the end of last week. The parts fit perfectly and with the infinite adjustability, made a huge difference in making the bike fit me comfortably. The 1" shorter shifter matched up with the shorter floorboards of the CVO ST like it was made that way. The 1" shorter brake pedal on the other hand, would not work at all. The brake pedal has 3 adjustments and none of them allowed my foot to fit correctly, so the stock pedal went back on for now.
I also had a billet cover come in from Knucklehead Inc that replaces the factory plastic gear position indicator cover on the right side of the transmission. The paint matched great and it got rid of the cheap look. Finally I also received my Klock Werks 10" flair windshield. The install of it probably took 15 minutes. I like the look of it much better than the Freedom Shield. I put about 85 miles on with the windshield and will keep this one. I can see over it easily and it blocks a little more wind than my factory windshield.
With all that said and done, I also got the bike to the 1000 mile mark Sunday afternoon. I was able to do 1000 miles in 4 weekends and have no regrets about buying this bike! I pulled the bike in hot, pulled the three drain plugs, grabbed a beer and called it a day!

The following 6 users liked this post by NEWROADSTER:
Beartooth Rider (09-17-2024), BrandonSmith (09-17-2024), DC2009EGUC (09-16-2024), dgarber12771 (09-16-2024), drc68 (09-17-2024), Gizmo83 (10-15-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-14-2024 | 02:33 PM
NEWROADSTER
|
HDF Community Team
Community Team

I have not updated lately. Since the last update, I have added Custom Dynamics bag turn signals. ( I forgot to take a picture ). I also installed Soft Brakes 1" reduced reach clutch lever along with sending my seat to Mean City Cycles for the memory foam upgrade.
The clutch lever was a huge improvement, The seat, Im still on the fence on it. I may send it back for a little more padding.
At 1700 miles the bike has developed a front end vibration through the handle bars. I had the front tire balanced on Friday and put 205 miles on it Saturday, it's still not fixed. Of course the dealer said it was normal. The vibration comes on at 70mph and is terrible to me by 80mph. I am going to install the stock windshield this week and make sure it's not aerodynamic. I will also set the front suspension back to stock. If that does not work, Im at a loss.
If I have to take it to Round Rock to get fixed, its coming home a 135CI!

Old 10-14-2024 | 05:26 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

^
Is it handle bar "vibration"? Does the mirrors vibrate a lot like a softail or Low Rider S/ST?

My CVO/ST runs as smooth as butter up to 120+, about the only vibration or slight shudder I've seen is on deceleration at about 17mph, dealer say is the front wave front rotors still breaking in, I only got 750 mile ATM and mostly stock.

I think it probably the from the suspension adjustment, I hope this you get it sorted out.

Quick Reply: NEWROASTER's 2024 Road Glide CVO ST thread