2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

Skyline and Cardo Packtalk Edge Harley-Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2024, 02:11 AM
PinoW
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Skyline and Cardo Packtalk Edge Harley-Davidson

Are any of you using the Cardo Packtalk Edge Harley-Davidson intercoms on the Skyline OS, new 2024 Street and Road Glide?

The following users liked this post:
BrandonSmith (08-20-2024)
Old 08-18-2024, 09:57 AM
Ducman82
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I am using and Edge yes. :-)

Old 08-18-2024, 10:02 AM
PinoW
Novice

do you use it as a driver only, or driver and passenger? Because I'm having problems with driver/passenger use.

Old 08-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Ducman82
Advanced

I use it for rider only currently. what issue are you having?

Old 08-18-2024, 10:40 AM
PinoW
Novice

I tried two types of pairing to the Skyline.
1) as a mobile phone pairing (by pressing the phone button)
2) as a motorcycle pairing (by pressing the phone button and then turning the wheel to the right)

In both cases I set the microphone setting Control VOX to 6/7 in the sound settings.

In both ways the two helmets only listen to music,
- The rider/passenger intercom does NOT work, nor does it activate when you start talking
- The recognition of voice commands by the rider does NOT work, by pressing the appropriate button on the right handlebar.
Functions that are foreseen by their operation in the description of the HD accessories site.

Now I no longer know what to do to be able to use all the features described in the manual and in the description of the Cardo on the HD accessories site.

Old 08-18-2024, 10:50 AM
Ducman82
Advanced

I have it set as a phone. iPhone to bike, headset to bike. The headset can't do the phone and bike at the same time.
the Vox button works for me, but I always have to adjust the volume up. click it and ask Siri about the weather. you should see the Siri circle when you press it. normal cardo voice commands dont work currently. I am still trying to figure that out.

Old 08-18-2024, 11:06 AM
PinoW
Novice

I also connected my iPhone to the bike…and my headset to the bike. I didn’t connect my iPhone to the headset. With the rider intercom, I listen to music, the navigator info and I can answer the phone. The passenger only listens to music. For both of us, when we talk into the microphone, the intercom (VOX) doesn’t activate. When I had the whim on the gts boombox, once the boombox recognized its Sena intercoms, all I had to do was activate the intercom and everything worked. There is no button on the style that activates the intercom. It just adjusts the microphone sensitivity, as if it were already activated anyway. But that’s not the case.

Old 09-10-2024, 09:59 AM
PinoW
Novice

Is it possible that no one is using two intercoms on the new Skyline? Do you always ride alone?

Old 09-16-2024, 07:56 AM
kj68
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Freedom 2x. Even though it's a different Cardio unit, I wanted to share my experience to possibly help you. We are still trying to learn how to use this. There is not much in the way of directions out there.
My wife and I tried using the intercom by using the vox feature, but that was hit or miss. The wife wears an open face helmet and sometimes the wind noise etc would open the mic. We now just push the intercom button when we want to talk. Not the handiest way, but it works. Also, she can hear the music and navigation prompts coming from the ifcu. Btw, I have my phone and both headsets connected to the bike.

Old 09-16-2024, 09:02 AM
PinoW
Novice

Thanks for the reply. I ask you how you installed them. Did you just hook them up to the bike/skyline? Did you also connect them to each other: Because I installed them by registering them on the Skyline, but when you speak the intercom does not activate. I tried to connect them in "mesh" between them, but after a few minutes of use the voice produces a very strong echo that does not make anything clear. I then tried to connect them in BT, the intercom works, but only that. Everything else of the Skyòine is excluded, radio, telephone, navigation... can you explain to me how you configured them? Connected "bike" and no other options.

Last edited by PinoW; 09-16-2024 at 09:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Skyline and Cardo Packtalk Edge Harley-Davidson