2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

TCMT Chopped Tour Pack

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2024, 10:45 AM
Pappy35
Tourer
Received 345 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
I was curious how much you can save with this option so zipped over to Amazon, put in TCMT Harley Tour pack, and almost spit out my coffee. Complete it is less than the damn riders backrest on the king tour pack. I had an Advanblack on my Low Rider ST as it was the only real option but they are not competitive at all with this option and too close in price to actual Harley packs on tour models to matter.
Buyer beware: I bought one of these in the King size last year and almost immediately returned it. The hardware was VERY poorly cast with hinges that physically interfered with each other so badly that I thought plastic was going to crack when opened and no amount of grinding could fix it. There was that and, even if locked, it kept popping open during rides on barely choppy roads. Fortunately, Amazon Prime returns are very easy and TCMT has never given me any trouble with refunds so it is worth trying it out first just to see. I've be running their $99 fairing lowers and they've held up surprisingly well.

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
I suppose if I knew someone I could trust to color match this would be great inexpensive way to have this much storage for the times I need it.
My dealer recommended a local paint shop who quoted me $1,400 to paint my trunk Onyx White Pearl (currently Midnight Crimson)! I'd be interested to learn what you all think of that. This is THE reason I'm buying a new one and will be selling my old one.

Last edited by Pappy35; 08-05-2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-05-2024, 11:07 AM
thefactorymatch
Sponsor
Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Pappy35
Buyer beware: I bought one of these in the King size last year and almost immediately returned it. The hardware was VERY poorly cast with hinges that physically interfered with each other so badly that I thought plastic was going to crack when opened and no amount of grinding could fix it. There was that and, even if locked, it kept popping open during rides on barely choppy roads. Fortunately, Amazon Prime returns are very easy and TCMT has never given me any trouble with refunds so it is worth trying it out first just to see. I've be running their $99 fairing lowers and they've held up surprisingly well.

My dealer recommended a local paint shop who quoted me $1,400 to paint my trunk Onyx White Pearl (currently Midnight Crimson)! I'd be interested to learn what you all think of that. This is THE reason I'm buying a new one and will be selling my old one.

Not sure where you're located but we have customers ship us tour packs all the time for resprays. As much as I'd love to get $1400 to paint a tour pack, we are no where near that. Reach out if you're interested. sales@thefactorymatch.com

A True American Color Match Company - Quality Color Matched Products - Proudly Painted in USA - www.thefactorymatch.com - Follow us on Facebook @ thefactorymatch.com & Instagram @thefactorymatch for daily updates

The following users liked this post:
bradsULtd (08-14-2024)
Old 08-05-2024, 11:10 AM
Torkmizer
Advanced
Received 72 Likes on 28 Posts

I think you should get a couple cans of color matched paint and bomb it yourself. Anyone who puts an amazon tour pack on their bike can't be too concerned with looks or functionality anyways

Old 08-05-2024, 11:16 AM
Erratikmind
Stellar HDF Member
Received 354 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Pappy35

I would take a look at Advanblack, as another option to weigh. With a promotional discount I got a color matched King Tour pack for some $950.00.

Old 08-05-2024, 01:40 PM
Pappy35
Tourer
Received 345 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Torkmizer
I think you should get a couple cans of color matched paint and bomb it yourself. Anyone who puts an amazon tour pack on their bike can't be too concerned with looks or functionality anyways
I wouldn't because appearance matters to me just a tiny bit more than saving money.

Originally Posted by Erratikmind
I would take a look at Advanblack, as another option to weigh. With a promotional discount I got a color matched King Tour pack for some $950.00.
I left out that I bought an Advanblack between the TCMT and the HD boxes that was every bit as nice as the HD box. But, the one I got had a manufacturing issue that prevented the backrest from bolting on. I'd have a replacement from them mounted today except that they didn't have any in stock and it would have been a several weeks to get one. I was going on a big trip and couldn't wait so I got the HD. I will say that their customer support was outstanding. There was no B/S like you get from other places who'd try to weasel out of replacing a defective item to save money. They were super friendly and told me there were a bunch of others with the same defect. They got me a return label two minutes after I hung up the phone, every chance I get I tell people they are a solid company.

Advanblack was going to be the one were it not for the discounts I'm getting from my dealer that make the out the door price for the color matched box only a $100 or so more than the AVB. For that little difference, I'd rather have the brand name.

The following users liked this post:
Erratikmind (08-05-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 02:23 PM
hdatontodo
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Side marker light mounting screw size?

I got the side marker lights for my king tour pack. It did not come with the 2 screws per light.

It looks like the hole is about 3mm wide, and a screw about 20mm long would reach through the trunk and plate into the light.

Anyone know the right size screw?

Old 08-14-2024, 02:52 PM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,761 Likes on 2,241 Posts

Originally Posted by jackd942

I went with the king and have been thrilled with it so far. Like it so much I plan to order a chopped as well just to be able to mix it up.
I like the looks of the chopped and razor tourpaks. But, the King for me is the the one my helmets fit in. When I am out and about (traveling and local), I can put my helmet in the trunk and lock it.

Attached Thumbnails TCMT Chopped Tour Pack-441923941_7536729833071734_541977946455127547_n.jpg  
Old 08-14-2024, 04:00 PM
hdatontodo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hdatontodo
I got the side marker lights for my king tour pack. It did not come with the 2 screws per light.

It looks like the hole is about 3mm wide, and a screw about 20mm long would reach through the trunk and plate into the light.

I ended up using this to attach the side marker lights to my king tour pack.

Old 08-14-2024, 07:38 PM
hdatontodo
Cruiser
Default Which lock for tcmt two up detachable Tour Pack Rack?

Which quick release lock for tcmt two up detachable Tour Pack Rack that came with my trunk kit?

I don't want someone to walk off with my King Tour Pack.

If a Harley part is the answer, please specify the part number.

Old 08-15-2024, 12:01 AM
Taxgod4u
Road Warrior
Received 1,291 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by hdatontodo

No idea but those two sticky outy things on the opposite side of the squeezy things on those calipers are for measuring inside diameters on things like holes. The long pointy thingy that comes out the bottom of the calipers are for checking depth. Not to be carreid in a merse.

The following 2 users liked this post by Taxgod4u:
Andrea_73 (08-15-2024), BrandonSmith (08-15-2024)

Quick Reply: TCMT Chopped Tour Pack