2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

Possible issue with 2024 SG radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 02:56 PM
GeneseeGap
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Possible issue with 2024 SG radio

I have made post here before regarding the non-working radio. Just to set it up my bike was delivered without a working radio. I have a prior forum thread and the basic deal is a ECM flash was released the day I had the bike delivered. I had to pull the main and reset it to get the radio to work. It would not take any of the ICFU (FU is the key here) updates released on HD site. I figured I would get this all straighten out for my 1K service. I made it clear about the radio issue and they said it would be taken care of... Due to the severe weather in SE Houston it all worked out where the dealer had the bike for about 6 days. Plenty of time to get it all done. I was notified the bike was ready.

Today I told the mrs. she was going on an adventure. It's about 60 miles to the dealer. We left in the fog and ate a nice country breakfast outside of Anderson (Cow Talk Steakhouse right in front of the Live Auction for livestock). 23 bucks for two breakfast with one have 8oz steak! not bad. We were outside of the dealer and the fog lifted and the sun came out. What a day!

The dealer opens at 9am and I was there by 920. Got the bike and it was not clean but hey....no worries. I also paid for the service, got some add ons and the mrs. got a few over priced t shirts (Dont judge). About 1000 bucks spent. She was heading out to go antique shopping and I went out flying on highway 6 and the Sam Houston National Forest. High 70s with very little to no cloud cover. I was not thinking about the radio till I got home and found out it was in the same condition as my original thread. (not working!). However, the update was done. I called the dealer and they sent a pickup truck for it today and it is gone. Hopefully it will be some type of flash gone wrong but I was reading on another forum that a member there had a bad head unit and it was replaced. Possible?

This is pretty frustrating. The radio only worked when the fuse was pulled and reset...so what in the world is the updates supposed to do? Long rant....good breakfast!

The dealer sent out a pickup and the driver was a pretty fair size guy. He got on my bike and it looked like a toy. It was obvious a tactic to stop me from ranting to the dealer...and it worked! All joking aside...I spent 1000 bucks and I expected a service to be completed. I do not like to confront as I expect people to do their jobs correctly.

Anyone have any issues like this with the radio?

Old 05-14-2024, 03:42 PM
Taxgod4u
Road Warrior
Received 1,318 Likes on 601 Posts

not sure if it is your issue but I muted my nav and it muted the tunes also, teeny tiny mute syble at bottom of volume bar, once unmuted had tunes again.

Old 05-14-2024, 05:06 PM
GeneseeGap
Road Master

Originally Posted by Taxgod4u
not sure if it is your issue but I muted my nav and it muted the tunes also, teeny tiny mute syble at bottom of volume bar, once unmuted had tunes again.
Back when it first started I get that may be an issue. My problem is the below screen which has now come back after the 1k service.....I have a functioning radio just no tuner.

Last edited by GeneseeGap; 05-14-2024 at 05:07 PM. Reason: syntax
Old 05-14-2024, 05:14 PM
lowbar
Cruiser
Received 207 Likes on 85 Posts

I had the first '24 SG out of my dealer. I got half way home and discovered I had no sound out of the speakers. I had the same SW version as above. After a IFCU update my sound system worked.

Old 05-14-2024, 05:28 PM
hohman
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sounds like your upgrades are not current

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....39328409095564

Old 05-14-2024, 05:45 PM
GeneseeGap
Road Master

The IFCU updates are current. The ECM seems to need it....

Old 05-14-2024, 06:08 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

I was getting the “-1” where the amp was supposed to be recognized. I loaded the updates and all worked. A few days later, no sound and got the “-1” showing again. Pulled the fuse and it didn’t work. Took it to the dealer today and they said they had to pull the fuse as well but that the amp software needed updating. I thought it was odd because I had updated it to the most recent version as in the bulletin. So I can only assume the software update was wiped out or something. Anyhow, it works again.

Old 05-15-2024, 09:28 AM
GeneseeGap
Road Master

Just an update: Dealer called this morning and they are having issues with service update....not the IFCU updates. They are attempting a service update.

Which is ok as another round of heavy rain is moving into the SE Texas area.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:09 AM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

For clarity: 1380 is the current amplifier update. Any updates for the ECM and BCM have nothing to do with the amp or infotainment system.

Old 05-20-2024, 11:16 AM
Cornel
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Yeah, I have a 2024 Street Glide and installed the Stage 2 fairing speakers and amplifier. I also perform the IFCU software upgrades. The system worked fine until this weekend when I stopped the bike at the gas station. When I started it back up, there was no sound from the speakers.

I have not tried to pull the main fuse and reboot the system, hopefully that will fix it.

Quick Reply: Possible issue with 2024 SG radio