Notices
2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

Possible issue with 2024 SG radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 09:24 AM
GeneseeGap
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I am writing from the layman's point of view. It seems that the amp was never set up properly and overlooked at the dealers intake/set up.

The amp not being connected (fairing is coming off for a fix) was part of the issue with not being able to download anything to the bike.

It took the dealer a week to figure this out.

What really annoyed me is that I explained all this when I took the damn bike into the IK service. They had it a week due to the storms I was not able to pick it up and when I picked up the bike it was filthy and still not fixed right. So now week two of the bike being in the shop.

I should have made it clear to them the check the amp but it is really not my job to make sure they are doing their work. They had no issues charging me for the 1K.

The bike should have had this take place upon purchase! Now that is on me.

Old 05-21-2024, 09:28 AM
GeneseeGap
Road Master

Originally Posted by Cornel
Yeah, I have a 2024 Street Glide and installed the Stage 2 fairing speakers and amplifier. I also perform the IFCU software upgrades. The system worked fine until this weekend when I stopped the bike at the gas station. When I started it back up, there was no sound from the speakers.

I have not tried to pull the main fuse and reboot the system, hopefully that will fix it.
Just has to ask if you had the recent service update.....that was supposed to stop the issues with the bikes being unable to start back up.

The dealer also told me that they have plenty of RG/SG with this issue of not being able to update in their service bay. I am sure they (HD and dealers) will figure this out.

Old 05-21-2024, 09:59 AM
Cornel
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneseeGap
Just has to ask if you had the recent service update.....that was supposed to stop the issues with the bikes being unable to start back up.

The dealer also told me that they have plenty of RG/SG with this issue of not being able to update in their service bay. I am sure they (HD and dealers) will figure this out.
Yes, I installed the April updates, 240002213D and 240002237D before I changed the speakers and the amp to Stage 2. I pulled the main fuse, rebooted the system, reinstalled the updates and that seemed to have fixed the issue.

Last edited by Cornel; 05-21-2024 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-22-2024, 09:46 AM
GeneseeGap
Road Master

My thread title was incorrect. I had an issue where the amp was not hooked up from the factory (or came loose) and missed during the dealer set up. The bike did not have this or any updates and the below update was issued the day I purchased the bike. This update comes only from the HD dealer as I could not access this from home. I finally had this update done. That said I can see another vehicle or electonic device interfering with the key fob. That would only be a speculation on my part as the only start issue I had was at the gas station and holding the fob in my hand instead of the fob being in the saddlebag caused it to fire right up.

M1632: ECM Calibration Update to Address: Crank, No Start|| Published Date: 2024-02-06|| Markets: All

Purpose:

To inform the dealer network that there is an Electronic Control Module (ECM) update available for 2023 CVO Street Glide (FLHXSE), CVO Road Glide (FLTRXSE) and 2024 Street Glide (FLHX), Road Glide (FLTRX), CVO Street Glide (FLHXSE), CVO Road Glide (FLTRXSE) and CVO Road Glide ST (FLTRXSTSE).

This update is to address a Crank, No Start concern that results in no Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) populating after the crank cycle is complete and requiring an Ignition cycle to correct.

Vehicles Affected:
  • 2023: CVO Street Glide (FLHXSE), CVO Road Glide (FLTRXSE)
  • 2024: Street Glide (FLHX), Road Glide (FLTRX), CVO Street Glide (FLHXSE), CVO Road Glide (FLTRXSE), CVO Road Glide ST (FLTRXSTSE)

Last edited by GeneseeGap; 05-22-2024 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-23-2024, 08:38 AM
Spider3223
Cruiser
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I have made post here before regarding the non-working radio. Just to set it up my bike was delivered without a working radio. I have a prior forum thread and the basic deal is a ECM flash was released the day I had the bike delivered. I had to pull the main and reset it to get the radio to work. It would not take any of the ICFU (FU is the key here) updates released on HD site. I figured I would get this all straighten out for my 1K service. I made it clear about the radio issue and they said it would be taken care of... Due to the severe weather in SE Houston it all worked out where the dealer had the bike for about 6 days. Plenty of time to get it all done. I was notified the bike was ready.

Today I told the mrs. she was going on an adventure. It's about 60 miles to the dealer. We left in the fog and ate a nice country breakfast outside of Anderson (Cow Talk Steakhouse right in front of the Live Auction for livestock). 23 bucks for two breakfast with one have 8oz steak! not bad. We were outside of the dealer and the fog lifted and the sun came out. What a day!

The dealer opens at 9am and I was there by 920. Got the bike and it was not clean but hey....no worries. I also paid for the service, got some add ons and the mrs. got a few over priced t shirts (Dont judge). About 1000 bucks spent. She was heading out to go antique shopping and I went out flying on highway 6 and the Sam Houston National Forest. High 70s with very little to no cloud cover. I was not thinking about the radio till I got home and found out it was in the same condition as my original thread. (not working!). However, the update was done. I called the dealer and they sent a pickup truck for it today and it is gone. Hopefully it will be some type of flash gone wrong but I was reading on another forum that a member there had a bad head unit and it was replaced. Possible?

This is pretty frustrating. The radio only worked when the fuse was pulled and reset...so what in the world is the updates supposed to do? Long rant....good breakfast!

The dealer sent out a pickup and the driver was a pretty fair size guy. He got on my bike and it looked like a toy. It was obvious a tactic to stop me from ranting to the dealer...and it worked! All joking aside...I spent 1000 bucks and I expected a service to be completed. I do not like to confront as I expect people to do their jobs correctly.

Anyone have any issues like this with the radio?
That would **** me right off. I have had some bugginess however the only real issue with the radio I’ve noticed is that when I play music from Bluetooth, it doesn’t update in the screen when I change songs although the song does change. I guess not a big deal just a little annoying.
I just forked over 1250 bucks for a 1k service and some highway pegs and the nav download. Could they bolt the highway pegs on for me on a brand new bike I just bought?? of course not that will be 95 dollar service. No thanks I’ll do it myself when I get home. I hope you didn’t have to pay for the radio to be fixed. Your story kind of sounds like my dealer. They charge 75 dollars more than anyone else for the 1k service and then they don’t even wash the bike. Oh, we can do that if you want to wait another 2 hours for someone to get to it.
I would ask them why they delivered it without the radio working. You probably paid a 495 dollar set up fee when you bought the bike. For what HD service charges, they seem like total dipshits. At least that has been my experience. The lady who works in service that you get to talk to about the issues clearly knows nothing about the bikes. I’m sure the techs do in the shop.

Last edited by Spider3223; 05-23-2024 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:07 AM
HD_noobie
Road Master
Received 557 Likes on 294 Posts

I would never want a dealer to wash my bike.

Old 05-23-2024, 10:58 AM
GeneseeGap
Road Master

Originally Posted by HD_noobie
I would never want a dealer to wash my bike.
Agree....it was not the washed part...it was the fact dried mud was on the left floorboard and it appeared they left it out in the rain which dried into water spots you could see on the saddlebags.

Do I expect it to be spotless? no...but it needs to look the same as when I put it into the dealer. The bike was pretty much spotless when I turned it into the dealer for service.

Now that the bike is back the updates are done....the amp connected and I can hear the upgrade in the radio as this is the first time I have had an amp since I got the bike.

Overall.....the amp should have been connected by the dealer during prep. Even though I did not pay for the 1450 set up fee....yes...1450! It should have been done prior to delivery. The issue was I was in my car when I got the bike. My trade was at home. They delivered the new bike and picked up the trade and I quickly learned the radio had the issue with the amp.

The issue was that the amp still was not set up! Geez....other members of this forum pointed that out to me based on my thread in audio. I mentioned to them that fact as well. I do not have much faith in my HD dealer if they could not figure out this pretty basic issue.

Rant over....bike returned....I put clamps and highway pegs upon its return (I even put the retaining rings on the pin pretty quickly with needle nose pliers and some cursing!)

Last edited by GeneseeGap; 05-23-2024 at 11:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
HD_noobie (05-23-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 07:12 PM
24 RG Guy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree....it was not the washed part...it was the fact dried mud was on the left floorboard and it appeared they left it out in the rain which dried into water spots you could see on the saddlebags.

Do I expect it to be spotless? no...but it needs to look the same as when I put it into the dealer. The bike was pretty much spotless when I turned it into the dealer for service.

Now that the bike is back the updates are done....the amp connected and I can hear the upgrade in the radio as this is the first time I have had an amp since I got the bike.

Overall.....the amp should have been connected by the dealer during prep. Even though I did not pay for the 1450 set up fee....yes...1450! It should have been done prior to delivery. The issue was I was in my car when I got the bike. My trade was at home. They delivered the new bike and picked up the trade and I quickly learned the radio had the issue with the amp.

The issue was that the amp still was not set up! Geez....other members of this forum pointed that out to me based on my thread in audio. I mentioned to them that fact as well. I do not have much faith in my HD dealer if they could not figure out this pretty basic issue.

Rant over....bike returned....I put clamps and highway pegs upon its return (I even put the retaining rings on the pin pretty quickly with needle nose pliers and some cursing!)
I hope you’re right and it’s truly fixed. Mine has the exact same issues. I’ve had all the updates and don’t have a new amp - all stock. I don’t believe Harley knows what the issue is yet.

Old 07-01-2024, 07:32 PM
Spider3223
Cruiser
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I had my radio go out again just today. It also happened a couple weeks ago. I had the updates installed again even though dealer claimed it already had them first time. Just speedometer and tachometer. Buttons did not work. About an hour later they started working again. Idk what it is.

Old 07-01-2024, 07:36 PM
24 RG Guy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spider3223
I had my radio go out again just today. It also happened a couple weeks ago. I had the updates installed again even though dealer claimed it already had them first time. Just speedometer and tachometer. Buttons did not work. About an hour later they started working again. Idk what it is.
mine quit again today too. Got home and pulled the fuse again. It works again.

Quick Reply: Possible issue with 2024 SG radio