2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Discount dealers and parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2024 | 05:50 AM
Tcrafty
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hattitude
Surdyke used to offer 20%. I had an account with them and used them frequently.

After the MoCo cracked down on online sales, I tried to make a Surdyke order. They sent a form letter thanking me for my patronage, but advising me they can no longer ship parts outside their territory.

The closest local dealership is very lame. But even my favorite dealership, an extra 15 min ride away, has started charging more for parts than the price listed on the HD OEM Service Parts web site.

So now I order from the online HD site, and pick up at the dealership closest to my house. That way I get the HD online price, but have the shorter drive.
Mine does this too!
I've got two dealerships I've typically purchased from. Called the one closer to home with a part number for a breather gasket from HD's website. Their price was three times what it showed on the website, but they didn't have it in stock. Called the next closest one, and they had it - for the price listed on the website. And, another thing. If you buy rocker box gaskets (PN 16719-99B), they come as a pair, wrapped with a cardboard sleeve, with a part number label on the wrapping. When I purchased a set of gaskets recently, my local shop charged me twice, stating there were TWO gaskets. But they left them in the wrapper with the part number label on it. Did THEY get charged for two?

I've been purchasing online (HD.com) when possible and having it shipped to the closer dealer. Or, I have it shipped home.

Old Today | 07:15 AM
Chunker
|
Road Warrior

Sorry for the late reply. I've bee "out of pocket" for a while and haven't kept up on what's happening. I do recall some rumblings that HD was going to stop the online sales from individual dealers so guess that happened. Thunder Beach at PCB FL is next weekend and I'm riding down for a couple days so I'll check the vendors then. Thanks

Old Today | 09:33 AM
harkon
Road Captain

My local dealer offers a 10% discount if you're a member of a motorcycle group. Like Bikers Against Bullies, or one of the local riders for underprivileged kids, or struggling single moms. When I bought the FatBob I got a one year HOG membership. That works so the yearly renewal has paid dividends for me. And it does encourage me to buy genuine HD. This only works for walk in or call in orders. Up here online orders are tied to the corporate website and don't offer the discounts. I don't mind because I like looking at the new bikes, the one off customs they do and the people are great and easy to get along with, you get to know each other by name. The other real advantage is that if it's the wrong part or isn't what I expected, it's easy to just walk in, let them know whats up and they facilitate an exchange or book credit. It is convenient!