2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Security pin

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 10:30 AM
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Vinman411
For those that say you need a FOB to enter the pin and start the bike, I can say I've literally walked out to my bike with no FOB, entered my code and started my bike. What sense would it make if you had to have the FOB to enter your pin?
Nobody said that. The OP's issue was that he didn't know the PIN and didn't have a FOB.

Old Yesterday | 10:35 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

For those that say you need a FOB to enter the pin and start the bike, I can say I've literally walked out to my bike with no FOB, entered my code and started my bike. What sense would it make if you had to have the FOB to enter your pin?
The battery dies....but this is not what this thread is about.

But just a take off from it. But the side diversions can get a little confusing as we all know.

One USER's bike needs you in the saddle to enter pin.

That's an easy fix as fixing a tractor to cut grass backing up.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; Yesterday at 10:46 AM.
Old Yesterday | 10:54 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

I dont think anyone in this thread made such a comment.
You dont need your FOB to enter the pin, you need your FOB to stop the bike from activating sentry mode where it refuses pin inputs because you jiggled the bike around and upset it's security program.
(Or wait 15 minutes.)
When you mess with the bike too much without its fob nearby and it's in standard(non transport) mode, if you lift the bike off the kickstand, it will blinker at you to try to get you to leave it alone, because it thinks you're trying to steal it.
This mode will engage and prevent you from putting in a Pin if you rock the bike too much. I have done this at least a dozen ****ing times.
The bike will immediately disengage this mode if you bring the fob near by and toggle the ignition switch.

No one said you needed a fob to enter a code normally, you need the fob to get the bike out of it's panic attack because you dared lift it off the kickstand without it's fob nearby.

Old Yesterday | 11:40 AM
Vinman411
Tourer
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
I dont think anyone in this thread made such a comment.
You dont need your FOB to enter the pin, you need your FOB to stop the bike from activating sentry mode where it refuses pin inputs because you jiggled the bike around and upset it's security program.
(Or wait 15 minutes.)
When you mess with the bike too much without its fob nearby and it's in standard(non transport) mode, if you lift the bike off the kickstand, it will blinker at you to try to get you to leave it alone, because it thinks you're trying to steal it.
This mode will engage and prevent you from putting in a Pin if you rock the bike too much. I have done this at least a dozen ****ing times.
The bike will immediately disengage this mode if you bring the fob near by and toggle the ignition switch.

No one said you needed a fob to enter a code normally, you need the fob to get the bike out of it's panic attack because you dared lift it off the kickstand without it's fob nearby.
that makes sense in panic mode