2018+ Softail Models Breakout

No ABS on 2022 FXLRS

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,912 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenelz
As for the ABS bleed.... I bought the OBStar scanner for around $360. I've bled the brakes twice, I added cruise control and used it to enable it, and also enabled a spare key fob. It doesn't marry to a VIN, can be used for multiple bikes. It's self contained (don't need another device). But, you need to download the programs to it.

I figure I got my money back the first bleed, and didn't have to sit around waiting at a dealership.
https://www.obdstarstore.com/wholesa...er.html?f=bwqp
Dude this is awesome.
You can even make a FOB with it?
What programs do you need how do you get them?
I want one of these now.
I wanna add a FOB to each of my motorcycle jackets, I wanna do brake bleeds. I wanted to buy the 200$ one from here http://infotechmercenary.com/product/315/
But the OBS star does way more.

Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM
evildiesel
Advanced
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Dude this is awesome.
I want one of these now.
I wanna add a FOB to each of my motorcycle jackets, I wanna do brake bleeds. I wanted to buy the 200$ one from here http://infotechmercenary.com/product/315/
id also like to know the info on the programs because i want one too

The following users liked this post:
FranBunnyFFXII (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,848 Likes on 996 Posts

Dude this is awesome.
I want one of these now.
Originally Posted by evildiesel
id also like to know the info on the programs because i want one too
Sorry, I bought the last one they had! Just kiddin'! But I did order one this morning. Should save enough to pay for it if it does everything and plus the convenience of not having to haul my bikes to the dealer.

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by $tonecold
Sorry, I bought the last one they had! Just kiddin'! But I did order one this morning. Should save enough to pay for it if it does everything and plus the convenience of not having to haul my bikes to the dealer.
Dude that thing would be worth it for me just to be able to make key fobs. If I can put a keyfob in every one of my riding jackets and just leave them there for good until a battery change, holyshit that would be helpful for dealing with my ADHD. There have been so many damn times I go out to my bike and "**** where's my keys."
I can start my bike with a pin, but if the bike gets wiggled too I cant put the code in for 15 minutes because it denies entry because the bike thinks it's being stolen.
Multiple fobs would be so stress relieving. Now if the FOBs werent 90$ a pop... FML.
I've had that InfoMercenary one in my bookmarks forever, glad I waited.

Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,848 Likes on 996 Posts

Dude that thing would be worth it for me just to be able to make key fobs. If I can put a keyfob in every one of my riding jackets and just leave them there for good until a battery change, holyshit that would be helpful for dealing with my ADHD. There have been so many damn times I go out to my bike and "**** where's my keys."
I can start my bike with a pin, but if the bike gets wiggled too I cant put the code in for 15 minutes because it denies entry because the bike thinks it's being stolen.
Multiple fobs would be so stress relieving. Now if the FOBs werent 90$ a pop... FML.
I've had that InfoMercenary one in my bookmarks forever, glad I waited.
I was at a Harley Dealership the other day and I asked the service writer if I could have a fob programmed to two bikes. He didn't seem to think that was possible. I've got an extra fob, so when this device arrives I'm going to see if it is possible. I just wanted the Sport Glide and the LRS on the same fob so I wouldn't have to have two fobs in my pocket. Of course, then you have the fob for the cage. If I could get a fob that would do two bikes and one cage, that would be even better. One fob, three vehicles. I'm the only one riding/driving them anyway.

Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by $tonecold
I was at a Harley Dealership the other day and I asked the service writer if I could have a fob programmed to two bikes. He didn't seem to think that was possible. I've got an extra fob, so when this device arrives I'm going to see if it is possible. I just wanted the Sport Glide and the LRS on the same fob so I wouldn't have to have two fobs in my pocket. Of course, then you have the fob for the cage. If I could get a fob that would do two bikes and one cage, that would be even better. One fob, three vehicles. I'm the only one riding/driving them anyway.
IIRC these are RFID fobs that broadcast a very weak little signal of a code that the ECM is constantly looking for when it's turned off.
You would need a fob that broadcasts all the codes simultaniously.
You might be able to disassemble the plastic cases of each Fob and put them into a custom 3d printed case or something similar.
That would be a pretty convenient idea. I'm willing to bet you could make a pretty slim fob that has both the LRS and SG's fob chip in it.
I dont know anything about cars so I dont know how cars handle it.

Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
Kenelz
Tourer
Received 215 Likes on 129 Posts

Dude this is awesome.
I want one of these now.
I've had it for a year and a half. I'm not real computer savoy, so it wasn't real easy for me. I emailed them and was answered imedialtly, like a chat, and held my hand to get through downloading the stuff. They are in Hong Kong, so their working hours are during our evenings, which was perfect for me. After I did it, it made sense, it was a matter of just hitting the "update"

I had trouble finding the ABS bleed, I was looking in the wrong section, I can't remember now what my problem was, I think I was in the engine section, instead of the BCM, or something along those lines, again, their emails fixed me up.

They ansered all my emails questions before I bought it. great support I thought.

Yes, I did a spare fob, and it was extremely easy. Just put the number that came with the fob into the OBStar when prompted, and check the "enable". There was only two places for the numbers, so I don't think you could do three fobs, but you could use the same fob for more than one bike.

It also has an audio section, but I don't have a need for. There are posters on here that have one and are happy also. # MRFREEZE57

Here is the thread when I bought it that I was posting in: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/frame...computers.html

The following users liked this post:
FranBunnyFFXII (Yesterday)