2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Any FXLRST owners eyeing the new 2024 RG?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 11:52 AM
luckiestiff
Road Master
Received 680 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Being 6ft if I went with the FXLRST I would definitely get the taller windshield as well
I'm 6' 4" and the CV large is the best I've found.

Old 07-01-2024, 12:24 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Originally Posted by luckiestiff
At 6-4 are u still running the further forward stock mid controls? I am 6’ tall and did the mids until recently. With the tall boy seat it wasn’t bad. 6-4 must be tuff no? What seat are you running? I recently tapped and went with forward controls.I have the clear view extra large to go with the st fairing I am waiting for. We’re is your eye sight with the large?

Old 07-01-2024, 12:31 PM
luckiestiff
Road Master

Originally Posted by Durham man
At 6-4 are u still running the further forward stock mid controls? I am 6’ tall and did the mids until recently. With the tall boy seat it wasn’t bad. 6-4 must be tuff no? What seat are you running? I recently tapped and went with forward controls.I have the clear view extra large to go with the st fairing I am waiting for. We’re is your eye sight with the large?
Yes sir, still running the stock controls.I've got a 32" inseam so some of my height is in my torso. That may make a difference but I don't know. I did replace everything with aftermarket stuff but did not change the location. It definitely took some getting used to and adding mini floor boards helped, it's not uncomfortable for me. I'm running a LePera Daddy Long Legs Kickflip. It puts me about 1" up and 2" back. With the large CV I'm looking over it, if I had to guess, I'd say if you drew a line from the top of it back to my face, it'd hit me just under my nose. I really like the CV. I had 2 different KW screens on it and one sucked less than the other.

The following users liked this post:
Durham man (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 03:32 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Dam. I wasn't expecting you to be 6'4"! I'd imagine besides your seat you have to have custom handle bars as well? If you can make it work just about anyone can. Within reason.

Can you take a picture of your bike with your current set up and post it? Really interested in seeing the entire set up. Thanks.

Old 07-01-2024, 07:55 PM
luckiestiff
Road Master

Dam. I wasn't expecting you to be 6'4"! I'd imagine besides your seat you have to have custom handle bars as well? If you can make it work just about anyone can. Within reason.

Can you take a picture of your bike with your current set up and post it? Really interested in seeing the entire set up. Thanks.
Here you go, feel free to fire away with questions, I'll answer what I can and guess the rest.

Zakk13 (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 08:31 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Here you go, feel free to fire away with questions, I'll answer what I can and guess the rest.
Pretty sweet set up you have there. I'm guessing you didn't like the stock hardshell bags? You also had the adjustable shock handle installed. How much did that cost? I think that should come stock from the factory on the ST. Actually looks better too vs the fake oil tank looking think they come with stock. What size risers did you go with? 6 inch?

The windshield looks really good. Especially since it's dark. I don't like the big clear ones. They don't look good. The dark tint blends in with the fairing. I wonder how I would fair with that at only 6ft tall? Would I still be able to look over it? If not I could get a shorter size.

What would you say your total cost of the bike is with all your mods?

Old 07-01-2024, 11:30 PM
Powermankw
Tourer
Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

Pretty sweet set up you have there. I'm guessing you didn't like the stock hardshell bags? You also had the adjustable shock handle installed. How much did that cost? I think that should come stock from the factory on the ST. Actually looks better too vs the fake oil tank looking think they come with stock. What size risers did you go with? 6 inch?

The windshield looks really good. Especially since it's dark. I don't like the big clear ones. They don't look good. The dark tint blends in with the fairing. I wonder how I would fair with that at only 6ft tall? Would I still be able to look over it? If not I could get a shorter size.

What would you say your total cost of the bike is with all your mods?
That's an Ohlins rear shock and hydraulic preload. You can't do that with OEM... Not enough length. I like that solution over others, but I just zip tied mine out of the way. Once I set it, I forget it.

Old 07-01-2024, 11:33 PM
Powermankw
Tourer
Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

Actually, where do you get that cover for the Ohlins? Who makes it? And how is it attached underneath. Looks like you used the mounting bracket but I don't know to what.

Old 07-02-2024, 04:48 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 1,031 Posts

that cvo is a bad *** bagger!

Zakk13 (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 06:48 AM
luckiestiff
Road Master

Originally Posted by Powermankw
Actually, where do you get that cover for the Ohlins? Who makes it? And how is it attached underneath. Looks like you used the mounting bracket but I don't know to what.
@Powermankw it's an HD part for the SE Ohlins stuff. Here's the link for it. I thought about the zip tie route but figured what the hell and got the side cover. Comes with the mount for the adjuster, fits up like a stock side cover.

Quick Reply: Any FXLRST owners eyeing the new 2024 RG?