2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything M8 Street Bob Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Urban Gorilla
Tourer
Received 196 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
Does your wife carry passengers? Why not just remove them. The whole passenger setup was the first thing to go on my wife's '22 FXBBS.
Although this is my OH's bike, it's also the backup bike (if mine's off the road having work done to it) if we won't to go out together.
In all honestly, it doesn't bother me, as they're all black underneath and tend to blend into the rest of the bike.

The following users liked this post:
snake_eyes (06-17-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 07:58 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,057 Likes on 548 Posts

Thanks for the pics. I thought about flipping them so the finished side is showing when in the up position. Its what they would look like if Harley finished both sides like they should have given the price!

My wife likes to ride on my Road King with the tourpak on so I doubt I will have any passenger on my Breakout but want to keep pegs on just in case.

thanks again

Urban Gorilla (06-17-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 03:09 PM
Urban Gorilla
Tourer
Received 196 Likes on 122 Posts

Fitted a new battery today - went with a MOTOBATT MBTX20U
After fitting, started fine but had an engine light on so checked all the codes using this
and cross checking against this code list.
Turns out all the codes, and I had a few - mostly Lost Comm ones, were all historic (h).
Cleared them all and all is good

Old 06-22-2024, 01:16 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,884 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Here's a taillight, didn't stick it on yet. It's a plug & play brake, running and turn signal light.
Because of the strip design and downward angle of the fender, the light is not as bright as a dedicated light like a Low Rider or Softail Standard has.

The following 2 users liked this post by OldMike:
Durham man (06-22-2024), Urban Gorilla (06-23-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 07:35 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by OldMike
Here's a taillight, didn't stick it on yet. It's a plug & play brake, running and turn signal light.
Because of the strip design and downward angle of the fender, the light is not as bright as a dedicated light like a Low Rider or Softail Standard has.
Correction, the Softail Standard doesn't have a taillight like a Low rider.
Install tip: The light strip went on perfectly, I spread some Windex under the fender and on the light sticky strip, it gave me enough time to position it before it stuck permanently.

Old 06-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Mr.Rabies
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

installed woods 22xe cam/bearing, fueling lifters and fuelmoto e-z push rods(these were a pain). updated oil pump with a discount from dealership.
soaked lifters for a week. 0 noise after start up also primed.
sounds super good but i have a code for running too rich. sent last week request for new map from fuel moto. still nothing from them....
​​​​​​stock 107 cam / woods 22xe

Last edited by Mr.Rabies; 06-24-2024 at 02:26 PM.
OldMike (06-25-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 02:31 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 274 Likes on 172 Posts

What made the FM pushords difficult for you?

Zach

Originally Posted by Mr.Rabies
installed woods 22xe cam/bearing, fueling lifters and fuelmoto e-z push rods(these were a pain). updated oil pump with a discount from dealership.
soaked lifters for a week. 0 noise after start up also primed.
sounds super good but i have a code for running too rich. sent last week request for new map from fuel moto. still nothing from them....
​​​​​​stock 107 cam / woods 22xe

Mr.Rabies (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 06:58 AM
ACE_Moto88
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

I felt the light wasn't bright enough because of the downward angle but I swapped bikes with a friend the other night between lights and got to see it from behind in the night and it's very noticeable and only going to get better when I raise the rear with the tall shock. I also mounted mine a little more outboard past the fender so it's more visible but overall it's a great addition to get some additional light in the rear over just the two bullet lights.

OldMike (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 07:12 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ACE_Moto88
I felt the light wasn't bright enough because of the downward angle but I swapped bikes with a friend the other night between lights and got to see it from behind in the night and it's very noticeable and only going to get better when I raise the rear with the tall shock. I also mounted mine a little more outboard past the fender so it's more visible but overall it's a great addition to get some additional light in the rear over just the two bullet lights.
Yes, I went for a ride yesterday and looked again, it's not as bad as I initially thought. Still, the design could use some tweaking.

ACE_Moto88 (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 07:24 AM
ACE_Moto88
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Yes, I went for a ride yesterday and looked again, it's not as bad as I initially thought. Still, the design could use some tweaking.
Definitely. If the LED strip were just mounted 90 degrees to where it is now we could just mount the light sticking out further and it would shine directly back but not bad for a cheap amazon light and it's been holding up well and ridden in some rain with no issues so far.

OldMike (06-25-2024)

Quick Reply: The Everything M8 Street Bob Thread