2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything M8 Street Bob Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2024, 12:37 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,248 Likes on 732 Posts

My wife had the same issue with her '22 Street Bob. Ordered the Oberon adjustable lever directly from them in the UK, it showed up in 5 days, is excellent quality and offers 8 positions of adjustability, with #4 being the stock setting. My wife has it set to #2 and she loves it. I had to make a modification due to the limitation of the levers, see here Clutch adjustment for dudes (and gals) with small hands? - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums (hdforums.com) There is also more info in that thread that might be useful to you.

EDIT: Now that I know she likes it, and it works she asked for the brake lever as well.

Last edited by snake_eyes; 06-02-2024 at 12:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Urban Gorilla (06-02-2024)
Old 06-02-2024, 12:48 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,929 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Oberon pics here. I set my clutch at #4, could probably get away with #3 but I have cable slack at the lever. My Oberon's don't depress the clutch switch completely, I glued a shim so it works, this isn't the only set this has happened to. Rick's work like the Oberon and the length of the lever is adjustable, plus the clutch switch works. I like the looks of the Oberon levers, not as complicated looking.

Urban Gorilla (06-02-2024)
Old 06-02-2024, 02:05 PM
Urban Gorilla
Tourer
Received 240 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
My wife had the same issue with her '22 Street Bob. Ordered the Oberon adjustable lever directly from them in the UK, it showed up in 5 days, is excellent quality and offers 8 positions of adjustability, with #4 being the stock setting. My wife has it set to #2 and she loves it. I had to make a modification due to the limitation of the levers, see here Clutch adjustment for dudes (and gals) with small hands? - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums (hdforums.com) There is also more info in that thread that might be useful to you.

EDIT: Now that I know she likes it, and it works she asked for the brake lever as well.
Thanks for your reply - very useful and that thread is really helpful with great info/insight

Originally Posted by OldMike
Oberon pics here. I set my clutch at #4, could probably get away with #3 but I have cable slack at the lever. My Oberon's don't depress the clutch switch completely, I glued a shim so it works, this isn't the only set this has happened to. Rick's work like the Oberon and the length of the lever is adjustable, plus the clutch switch works. I like the looks of the Oberon levers, not as complicated looking.

That's brilliant - thank you.
Looks like they will do the job
I like the looks of the Oberon levers, not as complicated looking.
Thumbs up
Bonus is that they're in the UK.
Just got to decide on standard or custom
...guessing the Custom ones would allow a bit of up/down height adjustment using the lever perch.

Last edited by Urban Gorilla; 06-02-2024 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2024, 05:59 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

I got a new take-off 13.1" Heritage shock on eBay, $102 delivered, installed a Kodlin lowering end for more shock travel and no added height.
Velcro'd a rubber flap to the fender to keep road dirt from under the seat.
The shock and reservoir are a fit according to Harley but it's not native to the Street Bob, my Saddlemen SDC seat needed a bit of clearance to fit.

Phil McGrath (06-03-2024)
Old 06-03-2024, 06:03 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Urban Gorilla
Thanks for your reply - very useful and that thread is really helpful with great info/insight

Thumbs up
...guessing the Custom ones would allow a bit of up/down height adjustment using the lever perch.
I don't know anything about this, I ordered the plain, all black one direct from Oberon. I don't like the Aero lever version available in the states.

Old 06-03-2024, 06:22 AM
ACE_Moto88
Cruiser
Received 108 Likes on 80 Posts

I got a new take-off 13.1" Heritage shock on eBay, $102 delivered, installed a Kodlin lowering end for more shock travel and no added height.
Velcro'd a rubber flap to the fender to keep road dirt from under the seat.
The shock and reservoir are a fit according to Harley but it's not native to the Street Bob, my Saddlemen SDC seat needed a bit of clearance to fit.

I'm planning to do the same shock and running a saddlemen seat as well. Can you post a picture of the modification you made to fit the reservoir? thanks in advance!

Old 06-03-2024, 07:40 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ACE_Moto88
I'm planning to do the same shock and running a saddlemen seat as well. Can you post a picture of the modification you made to fit the reservoir? thanks in advance!
I used a cut-off wheel, will make it look good when I can. Mostly just plastic there.

Old 06-03-2024, 11:46 AM
ACE_Moto88
Cruiser
Received 108 Likes on 80 Posts

I used a cut-off wheel, will make it look good when I can. Mostly just plastic there.

Much appreiciated! Good to know where I'll need to make adjustments. I'll probably slather some JB weld over top to seal it off and cover it up.

Old 06-03-2024, 11:55 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ACE_Moto88
Much appreiciated! Good to know where I'll need to make adjustments. I'll probably slather some JB weld over top to seal it off and cover it up.
I installed the seat and saw that the reservoir end had left a mark on the bottom of the seat, used that as a reference. Measured over the length of the reservoir and cut that out.
Also, I drilled for and used a 5/16" nut and bolt to mount the reservoir, like the recall does. The price on this shock is cheap on eBay.
FYI, I had this mod on my Low Rider S then bought a Fox 13" shock to replace it and should have just kept this Harley shock.

Last edited by OldMike; 06-03-2024 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-03-2024, 11:58 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,248 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Gorilla

Thumbs up
I don't know anything about this, I ordered the plain, all black one direct from Oberon. I don't like the Aero lever version available in the states.
The different "blades" don't offer any more or less adjustability. I got the Custom version as it's the most like stock.

OldMike (06-03-2024)

Quick Reply: The Everything M8 Street Bob Thread