Received 82 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Full length exhaust options?

Why aren't they as popular?
​​​​​​Pic for attention

Old 01-25-2024, 08:51 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,919 Likes on 1,580 Posts

I have no idea why they arent more popular but Shark Road makes a set of 3.5inch slip ons for M8 Softails that are full length. I currently am running a modded version of these.
HD's SE street Cannons are full length.
TAB Performance has full length slip-ons.
American Custom has a Muffler exchange system, where you can order premade slip-ons made from sent in take off mufflers, those are also full length.
Thrashin Supply has an almost full length 2 into one with their AR chambers and Dog Ball baffle options. They stopped making their full length 2 into 2 sadly.
Freedom Performance offers quite a few full lengths, including a dual tuck under setup like an M8 Bagger which looks sweet, and slip-ons.
S&S makes a full length Super Street 2 into 1.
Vance and Hines used to make their Pro Pipe, which apparently wasnt a very good performer I dont know if they discontinued it or updated it.

Options exist, they're just not popular.
Personally I like that 2 into 2 muffler look, and the Shark Roads with the TTI and wrapped baffle mod sounds great and it's quiet.
Excellent torque with no dip, and dont hold back power. They look almost stock, making them a cool sleeper exhaust to me.

The following 2 users liked this post by FranBunnyFFXII:
CryingJoker (01-25-2024), leftyjm (01-28-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 03:26 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Loud *** pythons!
Pipes! The great debate. Back in my wide glide days I did not care for the 2 into 1. I then saw a built up twin cam fat boy with a Vance and Hines 2 into 1 that looked great. It was not the pro pipe, I forget it’s name. I also did not care for shorty 2 into 1 pipes especially stainless. They obviously grew on me. I am still debating on going with the D&D Fat Cat that was my original goal when I bought this bike.I am very happy with my current jackpot riot, it produces a great torque line and good over all stage 2 power. It is a mid length short 2 into 1. I don’t like the real short 2 into 1 pipes.

Last edited by Durham man; 01-26-2024 at 03:31 AM.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:17 AM
Rusty Springs
Road Captain
Received 544 Likes on 311 Posts

I don't know. I think full length pipes look better but the short ones make for easy tire changes. Maybe that's a big deal when you shred a lot of tires.

Old 01-26-2024, 12:20 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,845 Likes on 958 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Personally I like that 2 into 2 muffler look, and the Shark Roads with the TTI and wrapped baffle mod sounds great and it's quiet.
Excellent torque with no dip, and dont hold back power. They look almost stock, making them a cool sleeper exhaust to me.
As FranBunny mentioned all the cool kids rock the 2 into 2 mufflers. Lol (Plus I think they hide the different sized saddlebags better)

Blatant pic and sound clip for S&S 50-State Grand Nationals.

The following users liked this post:
GPHDXLC (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 12:33 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

I agree the shorties have taken over. I have a TBR turnout, but only because it was on the bike when I bought it. I have a CR480MT cam ready to go in when Fuel Moto has had a chance to work up a MAP for it. They are going to include it in their next shoot out, just haven't had the time to do it. I'm patient.

I will probably get one of their Riot pipes at that time. I'm also considering a Thunderheader, but really don't think they are worth the money they want for them now. I think the Riot is the best bang for the buck in the 2-1 world. Definintely not a fan of 2-2. I know there are some out there that work really well, I'm just not a fan of the look on a softail.

Zach

The following users liked this post:
Gimlet (02-05-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 01:01 PM
morooster
Cruiser
Received 82 Likes on 42 Posts

SPC made a full length pipe, for baggers. It looks good.............

The following 4 users liked this post by morooster:
ACE_Moto88 (01-29-2024), GPHDXLC (01-26-2024), luckiestiff (01-26-2024), tba63 (02-05-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 01:09 PM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 4,799 Likes on 2,258 Posts

Lots of folks prefer form over function. Most street bikes will not run often enough at 5000+ RPM to benefit from the shorter pipes.

The following 2 users liked this post by Goose_NC:
Calif Fat Bob (01-26-2024), Toolmaker5150 (01-30-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 03:37 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,845 Likes on 958 Posts

Originally Posted by Goose_NC
Lots of folks prefer form over function. Most street bikes will not run often enough at 5000+ RPM to benefit from the shorter pipes.
This sums it up perfectly Goose. I would bet most (me included) never ride our bikes at the limit of what they can do. Hell I've rarely been above 75mph let alone revving the **** out of these motors. lol

Old 01-26-2024, 04:03 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,919 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Took a browse at Exhaust options, and apparently Thunderheader makes a full length 2 into 1 for the M8 Softails.
https://www.denniskirk.com/thunderhe...rd/4410858.sku
Not a very pretty thing is it?

Originally Posted by Goose_NC
Not saying you're wrong here, but I find this so hard to believe because my bike, one of the "Slowest" and heaviest and least nimble of the softails inspires me to be an aggressive rider.
I dont know how anyone else doesn't get on one of these bikes and doesn't feel compelled to do hooligan ****, or at least see how fast the speed limiter will let you go.
There's been several times I've told myself "I need to sell this damn thing before it gets me into trouble."

I wonder what the upper limit of power would be for my 2 into 2 system. With these slip ons it's a larger volume than most 2 into 1s. They're better than the eliminator 300s.
More than enough to let an SE torque cam to max out freely. Should be great for a 22XE cam too, but I wonder at what point would they begin to be a high RPM problem.
Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
This sums it up perfectly Goose. I would bet most (me included) never ride our bikes at the limit of what they can do. Hell I've rarely been above 75mph let alone revving the **** out of these motors. lol
Dude that's wild.
If you aren't doing 75~85 on the freeway here, you're a road hazard.
It only slows down to 60~67 when the bacon drives by, which isnt for long because even they speed like there's no tomorrow.
I was in the fast lane a few months ago, doing 80-ish.
Cop pulls up behind me, turns his lights on, and "Welp guess it was bound to happen sometime" but instead of getting pulled over as soon as I moved out of the lane, he cruises past me turns his lights off and a minute later he was gone. Apparently he just wanted me out of the way.
People got lead feet here.

Last edited by FranBunnyFFXII; 01-26-2024 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Full length exhaust options?