Low Rider ST: DISAPPOINTED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 05:43 PM
Gorion
Road Captain

Received 367 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by tmac00333
Brilliant post, and so true.

However, there IS actually one gorgeous, comfortable and powerful Harley Davidson that can be sat on, bought and ridden into the sun-filled and thrilling future - bone stock without a single change. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the best all-around Harley Davidson there is now and has ever been:

THE HERITAGE!

I test rode the heritage and hated it. felt like a cheap bagger.
just sayin.

Old 07-16-2024, 05:50 PM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,786 Likes on 1,189 Posts

I rode a Heritage for maybe 10 years and loved it. felt like a wonderful bike.
just sayin

The following users liked this post:
tmac00333 (07-17-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 05:52 PM
Gorion
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tngarren
I rode a Heritage for maybe 10 years and loved it. felt like a wonderful bike.
just sayin
That's awesome. must be why they makes them in several shapes and sizes

wlwoodruff (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 08:36 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,201 Likes on 3,377 Posts

Originally Posted by Gorion
I test rode the heritage and hated it. felt like a cheap bagger.
just sayin.
Agreed, not a fan. The earlier Heritage TC is what kept me off a Harley for years.

I certainly do not disparage any who own them, and do not come here and talk smack and call them names if they don't like what I like.

I don't find any Harley "perfect". I think modifying them is part of the enjoyment.

Junkyard Dog (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 09:38 PM
Gorion
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NorthWestern
Agreed, not a fan. The earlier Heritage TC is what kept me off a Harley for years.

I certainly do not disparage any who own them, and do not come here and talk smack and call them names if they don't like what I like.

I don't find any Harley "perfect". I think modifying them is part of the enjoyment.
Couldn't agree more. Ride what ya love. I'm on my 6th Harley and probably my last. The street glide is about the only model I haven't ridden. I like some more than others. I've definitely enjoyed all the bikes I've had. So happy they have so many models to choose from. Whatever puts a smile on your face is the right bike for you.

Old 07-17-2024, 01:48 AM
Gimlet
Road Master
Received 2,724 Likes on 890 Posts

Does anyone ride a completely stock Harley?
I don't think I ever owned any make of bike, not just my Harley, that remained stock for long. There's always something that needs tweaking. No two people are exactly the same. There is no one size fits all. Personalising your ride to you is all part of ownership as far as I'm concerned.

I love the Heritage. But when I sit on one it feels like the bike is sloping down at the front and I'm going to slide forward in the seat. It isn't and it's not the bike, it's just the way my body happens to fit it. Wouldn't stop me buying one though if money was no object and I'd tweak it til it felt right for me.
Most comfortable Harley for me straight out of the crate is an RKS, but if I had one of those it wouldn't stay stock for long either.
As it is I'm very happy with my LRS. It's not perfect but it doesn't matter. It's still a keeper and I'll probably never stop doing stuff to it.
As they say, it's not the destination, it's the journey.

Calif Fat Bob (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 05:36 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,870 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthWestern

I never really liked the older TC Heritages, although ironically my first HD was a '07 Heritage. But this one, the M8 Heritage, is my favorite Harley of the ones I've owned and I've had about a dozen or so. I'll tell you another bike I rode that I wouldn't have to change much, the Sport Glide. True, I only rode it once, but it felt much like a Heritage. Hate those wheels, though.

Old 07-17-2024, 05:57 AM
razorbacksrule
Road Master
Received 310 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Sportglide

Originally Posted by tmac00333
I never really liked the older TC Heritages, although ironically my first HD was a '07 Heritage. But this one, the M8 Heritage, is my favorite Harley of the ones I've owned and I've had about a dozen or so. I'll tell you another bike I rode that I wouldn't have to change much, the Sport Glide. True, I only rode it once, but it felt much like a Heritage. Hate those wheels, though.
One of my buddies has a Sportglide and I like it alot .

Old 07-17-2024, 07:29 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,644 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Went back and looked at my notes from last summer when I did a weekend demo ride on a bunch of Harleys."Low Rider ST.

Oh my! This is essentially a Breakout, with mid controls. Just what I was lamenting about the Breakout! And it has a windshield and saddlebags. This bike ROCKS! It IS a dirt bike! I’ve no doubt that put knobby tires on it and I could chase a Pan America far into the woods. Where the other softail mid controls didn’t feel right, they feel fine here. And yes, you can stand straight up on them. The ergonomics are pretty german, with that slightly crouched leaning a bit forward posture, which tends to be darn good for long rides. Interestingly, while it’s got the handlebar clamp gauges I didn’t like on other models, it works here because you’re leaned forward a bit, and can see them much more easily.

This bike, the Low Rider ST, while completely different from the Fat Boy, or the Heritage, is tied for second place with the Fat Boy, to me. It’s far better than the sum of its pieces. If I go back again tomorrow, I think I’ll ride this a few more times. It’s a really interesting machine."

Calif Fat Bob (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 08:10 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,843 Likes on 993 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
I'm onto my 4th seat, my 3rd handlebar, and just one replacement windshield, just trying to get it comfortable for a day long ride.

I've plans to change the tires, the wheels, and maybe the foot controls too.

Naw, I do enjoy my Heritage, but perfect out of the box it ain't. Well, not for me.

The ST was a contender for me, as was the Pan America, but they got edged out by the Heritage.
I saw that you liked the mid controls on the ST. I have a '22 LRS from which I am going to remove the mid controls and pegs. If you would like them let me know, we can work something out. You will need the primary with the shaft passage and I would rather have the inner primary without, so I will need get time to do that swap. I don't know if you have a chrome or blacked out primary, but of course the LRS does have a blacked out primary.

Last edited by $tonecold; 07-17-2024 at 08:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Low Rider ST: DISAPPOINTED!