Low Rider ST: DISAPPOINTED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 10:48 AM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,844 Likes on 957 Posts

Originally Posted by tmac00333
Brilliant post, and so true.

However, there IS actually one gorgeous, comfortable and powerful Harley Davidson that can be sat on, bought and ridden into the sun-filled and thrilling future - bone stock without a single change. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the best all-around Harley Davidson there is now and has ever been:

THE HERITAGE!

HAHA! Probably very true there TMAC! The Heritage is a great all around Cruiser for sure. Probably one of HD best sellers and best resale. I rode the Heritage (a couple actually) and really like them. I just wanted something a bit more sporty. My nerves get rattled when I hear the floorboards scrape. Lol

Good looking bike you have there!

The following users liked this post:
tmac00333 (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 11:33 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,870 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Powermankw
Except it's not an ST and offers me nothing. There is nothing about a Heritage that appeals to me... Yes it is a softail so there is that, but the styling is a zero for me. If I was going to go the route of grandpa Harley with bags and touring pack, I would have got a road glide.

If my only argument is styling and ergos/fit for me... Then who gives a crap? I should just buy what I like... Which I did... An ST... The best selling softail since it's introduction. How this is still going more than a year later is beyond me. You got the one that you like best... Move on. Get over it. There are a lot of Harleys I didn't buy, I don't feel the need to discuss them. I like riding the one I got.
I'll bet you ST guys wonder why you don't get invited to too many parties.

wlwoodruff (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 12:13 PM
Powermankw
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 73 Posts

So what is the ST... Well, it's a softail, a cruiser, an old man bike. Cruisers are generally old man bike. They are not sport bikes, certainly not nakeds, or even adventure bikes. Cruisers.

So then they make a ST. They take their cruiser, make it a bit more sporty with egos and performance. Better motor, better suspension, honkin brakes, and mid controls. Unfortunately mid controls with a low seat is not ideal but it's the best they could do with it... It's a cruiser. Then they throw on the "T"... A couple of useful locking hard bags, and a nice frame mount fairing that does a fantastic job.... A sport cruiser that you can actually put highway miles on. Home run for many and HD.

If you want a naked, get one. Cruiser, bagger, sport cruiser, old style garbage truck... Get one. Hell, collect the whole set and get all of them. I found the one that works best for me and I bought it. Nobody cares who hates what. Get what you want, change what ever you like, move on.

The following 2 users liked this post by Powermankw:
Calif Fat Bob (07-16-2024), luckiestiff (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Powermankw
Tourer

I'll bet you ST guys wonder why you don't get invited to too many parties.
Bitter haters that just like to talk trash know exactly why... Nobody wonders that one.

Old 07-16-2024, 12:21 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,631 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Brilliant post, and so true.

However, there IS actually one gorgeous, comfortable and powerful Harley Davidson that can be sat on, bought and ridden into the sun-filled and thrilling future - bone stock without a single change. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the best all-around Harley Davidson there is now and has ever been:

THE HERITAGE!

look at that t-bag figured out what POS means.

Old 07-16-2024, 01:52 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Durham man
look at that t-bag figured out what POS means.
Yes, it's how most people describe the ST.

Old 07-16-2024, 02:40 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,644 Likes on 1,071 Posts

However, there IS actually one gorgeous, comfortable and powerful Harley Davidson that can be sat on, bought and ridden into the sun-filled and thrilling future - bone stock without a single change.
THE HERITAGE!
I'm onto my 4th seat, my 3rd handlebar, and just one replacement windshield, just trying to get it comfortable for a day long ride.

I've plans to change the tires, the wheels, and maybe the foot controls too.

Naw, I do enjoy my Heritage, but perfect out of the box it ain't. Well, not for me.

The ST was a contender for me, as was the Pan America, but they got edged out by the Heritage.

Old 07-16-2024, 03:02 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,844 Likes on 957 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
The ST was a contender for me, as was the Pan America, but they got edged out by the Heritage.
I really wanted the Pan America to work out the kinks and was all set to trade my KTM 1190S for one. I need a step ladder to get on the 1190 (I'm 5'8") and the PA with the Adaptive Ride Height was a game changer. I did a demo ride here in the SF Bay Area on one and thought "I really like this setup". Sure the kickstand was wonky, and the seat needed to be lowered, but it rode great and when it lowers as you come to a stop was very cool.

I'm not sure they have worked out the bugs though. First, second, and even third year runs have issues.

The Heritage is a great DO ALL bike for sure. For those that argue "It's an old man's bike" who the F cares. At 62 I've long stop giving a crap what people think of me. I ride what makes me happy (cars, bikes, women, etc) and never worry about what other dudes think.

tmac00333 (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 03:08 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
I'm onto my 4th seat, my 3rd handlebar, and just one replacement windshield, just trying to get it comfortable for a day long ride.

I've plans to change the tires, the wheels, and maybe the foot controls too.

Naw, I do enjoy my Heritage, but perfect out of the box it ain't. Well, not for me.

Well, I was joking a little bit there I'm sure you know, just a little bit, but I do admit adding a stage 1 to mine. That's the only serious thing I've done to it. If I got another one though, I'd probably just add slip-ons and nothing else. It's a cruiser for god's sake. A power cruiser maybe, but still a cruiser. When I want to get sporty I ride my 1200 Custom or a buddy's Ducati.

foxtrapper (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 05:06 PM
Powermankw
Tourer

Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
The Heritage is a great DO ALL bike for sure. For those that argue "It's an old man's bike" who the F cares. At 62 I've long stop giving a crap what people think of me. I ride what makes me happy (cars, bikes, women, etc) and never worry about what other dudes think.
All Harleys are old man bikes, it's the core demo... And I finally bought one, so there you go. 😉

And that's the point... I didn't buy a hundred bikes, but others did. I got the one I wanted. I don't spend much time on the ones I didn't.

Quick Reply: Low Rider ST: DISAPPOINTED!