2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Everything Low Rider ST Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2024, 05:57 PM
Powermankw
Tourer
Received 124 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by coopmonte
@Junkyard Dog @Powermankw Check Sawicki Speed, they make the same heat shields and their pipes have pretty much the same bend. I'm running a set on my Thunderheader and they fit fine.

Thank you! I was just at the dealer yesterday, and they just so happened to have a TBR open box. So I took that heat shield and nope... Tighter turn. I have seen options for universal for 3" or 4" bend. I'm guessing it's a 4" bend.

I'll check out Sawiki

The following users liked this post:
Junkyard Dog (09-07-2024)
Old 09-07-2024, 08:31 PM
Phil McGrath
Tourer
Received 245 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Powermankw
Well the trike came with a full V&H exhaust so it's kind of a hard sell to swap. Plus I planted a seed for a cam and she had a hard time jumping out into a parade of traffic so that might take root. It also came with Legends air ride, but I want to swap to DK nexgen. I think she's on board with that... So V&Hs won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
With the Wife’s trike we put the FM head pipe on to free up the flow and ditch the cat with its heat, 22XE cam with FM tune. It makes steam right now! She has no problems keeping up with the mob, off the line, midrange and passing power is worlds better.

My .02 you can’t go wrong with that combo.

Old 09-08-2024, 12:34 AM
Powermankw
Tourer

Originally Posted by Phil McGrath
With the Wife’s trike we put the FM head pipe on to free up the flow and ditch the cat with its heat, 22XE cam with FM tune. It makes steam right now! She has no problems keeping up with the mob, off the line, midrange and passing power is worlds better.

My .02 you can’t go wrong with that combo.

Well it should, it's a CVO 117. 😊 And it looks awesome murdered out! The PO did the exhaust, a heavy breather, and a Harley flash. The FM tune she said was an improvement. I've spent some time on it. It is deceptively fast. It winds up fast and is really smooth... But you have to wring it out, it has no low end grunt... Which is horrible if I hop on hers getting off mine.

So it makes most sense for her. She just doesn't like spending money but she definitely like throttle. We'll see.

Day one of our trip... My bike is running so damn good. Tomorrow is normal elevation. Looking forward to that. 😉

Last edited by Powermankw; 09-08-2024 at 12:36 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Powermankw:
Big Al 59 (09-08-2024), Phil McGrath (09-08-2024)
Old 09-08-2024, 08:32 AM
Powermankw
Tourer

Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog
Thank you! Did you use the 3” CLR or 4” CLR for the curve? I’m not exactly sure what Sawicki is referring to when they say 3” or 4” CLR rear primary…
Me neither... Center line radius.. Centerline of pipe? I would have to look cause I assumed from the TBR that I should use the 4"...but maybe the TBR is tighter turn. That's pretty privey though... FM is $150 for both. Sawiki is $275 if you bought each.

Old 09-08-2024, 02:34 PM
Junkyard Dog
Advanced
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Powermankw
Me neither... Center line radius.. Centerline of pipe? I would have to look cause I assumed from the TBR that I should use the 4"...but maybe the TBR is tighter turn. That's pretty privey though... FM is $150 for both. Sawiki is $275 if you bought each.
Fuelmoto is misleading and they cost similar to Sawicki for both. That $149 is the price of one heat shield not both and the reason I didn’t buy them back when in stock.

Old 09-09-2024, 01:00 AM
Powermankw
Tourer

So other thing... I went with Big Bear setup front and rear. Old tires said I need 1 click less dampening front and +1 rear. Feels better. Got metzelers, played with air pressure. 10% front 20% rise rear. I had full preload in rear, took some out. Over all changes were good, but rear felt soft. Put full preload back, and with 1 click less dampening in rear felt perfect. Then I thought rear seemed a bit low tire pressure. Contact is wearing a bit wide. I was at 34,went to 36.

I said all that to say... With all the tweaks... My bike feels 100% balanced front and rear. And I never even thought it wasn't... Until it was. I mean my suspension and tires always felt great. But now it's one. One my trip this weekend plenty of canyon carving, shitty road damage, swells, heaves, bumps, joints... Bike has never rode so good. Planted, predictable, perfect. It's been a great weekend!

Old 09-09-2024, 02:42 PM
TTbonnie
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Long Road Rage (for Heritage) on LRST?

Has anyone installed the heritage RR on their LRST or know anyone who has??
i believe it's 24" long instead of 18".

looking to run a longer exhaust, kind of sold on bassani RR.

thanks in advance

Old 09-15-2024, 01:16 PM
layndrag
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Going against the grain...

I have a 2023 Lowrider ST. I like the T-Bar setup, but seems like everyone is going this direction. So I decides to go with ape hangers. It has been a fun little challenge finding parts that don't belong on the lowrider and getting them to work in harmony. I started by making all the smaller purchases first. J&P cycle 2in risers, solid risers, and Big Al's Cycle 26in extended top brake line. Local dealer did the brake line so I could avoid that hassle. Disassembled the front end and began the unboxing. Nothing fits so far. The risers don't match up with the guage cluster top clamp and bushings are for a touring bike. I send them back and retry. This time I just purchase the polyurethane bushing and a set of Street Bob risers off ebay. The bushings fit great but the Street Bob risers are 1/4" off. I drilled out the holes on the guage clustet top clamp just large enough to make it work. I get my 12in Dominator Miter cut bars and get it all buttoned up, the brake line is too short. DANG! I call Big Al's Cycle and he is willing to help with a 28in top brake line. So now I am waiting for the longer brake line to come in to complete the install and take it on a test ride.

Last edited by layndrag; 09-15-2024 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2024, 09:22 AM
Powermankw
Tourer

Originally Posted by layndrag
I have a 2023 Lowrider ST. I like the T-Bar setup, but seems like everyone is going this direction. So I decides to go with ape hangers. It has been a fun little challenge finding parts that don't belong on the lowrider and getting them to work in harmony. I started by making all the smaller purchases first. J&P cycle 2in risers, solid risers, and Big Al's Cycle 26in extended top brake line. Local dealer did the brake line so I could avoid that hassle. Disassembled the front end and began the unboxing. Nothing fits so far. The risers don't match up with the guage cluster top clamp and bushings are for a touring bike. I send them back and retry. This time I just purchase the polyurethane bushing and a set of Street Bob risers off ebay. The bushings fit great but the Street Bob risers are 1/4" off. I drilled out the holes on the guage clustet top clamp just large enough to make it work. I get my 12in Dominator Miter cut bars and get it all buttoned up, the brake line is too short. DANG! I call Big Al's Cycle and he is willing to help with a 28in top brake line. So now I am waiting for the longer brake line to come in to complete the install and take it on a test ride.
That looks to be a little tall for me.... But if you want them that tall... I'm with you, I really don't like the look of tall t-bar set ups. I find them pretty goofy. Especially when going with more riser and flatter low bend bars. Different strokes and all...

Bummer about the fitment issues, but congrats on end result... Looks great.

The following 2 users liked this post by Powermankw:
layndrag (09-16-2024), tngarren (09-16-2024)