2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Everything Low Rider ST Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 08:18 PM
Cootey
Road Captain
Received 249 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightyear68
I'm looking forward to posting the mods to my 2024 Low Rider ST and plan to follow this thread.

I'd like to hear your opinions on the Mustang seat with backrest and the Saddlemen SDC with backrest.

The reviews are conflicting on comfort and rider position. It might just be seats being subjective by nature, but I like to hear from riders.
Ditch the mid controls, fit forwards or floorboards. That's a huge improvement.

Old 01-05-2024, 10:09 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 839 Likes on 378 Posts

Any recommendations on windshields? I have a 10" (measured from the inner fairing to the lip) tall one on now and get some middle of face shield blast. Wondering if either a recurve or taller shield is the hot ticket. 5'8" but I talk mess like I'm 6'5"

Old 01-05-2024, 11:33 AM
morooster
Cruiser
Received 82 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftace
Any recommendations on windshields? I have a 10" (measured from the inner fairing to the lip) tall one on now and get some middle of face shield blast. Wondering if either a recurve or taller shield is the hot ticket. 5'8" but I talk mess like I'm 6'5"
Clearview XL worked for me - put the wind at a small patch on top of my helmet. I am 5'11

Today I will also be putting on the kraus trex plates so I can lean back while riding.

Last edited by morooster; 01-05-2024 at 11:34 AM. Reason: half baked post
Old 01-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Basically_Anonymous
Intermediate
Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Low Standards
looks pretty good....did you use low rider s turn signals?
It started life as a lowrider s. I was lucky and/or have a good dealership that sold me the vin locked parts when they first got released on the oem parts catalog.

Old 01-05-2024, 06:51 PM
Low Standards
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Basically_Anonymous
It started life as a lowrider s. I was lucky and/or have a good dealership that sold me the vin locked parts when they first got released on the oem parts catalog.
o ok...ill have to reach out to the guy i got my st from and see if he can hook me up lol

Old 01-08-2024, 12:01 AM
Cootey
Road Captain

Originally Posted by shiftace
I have literally just bolted on a Puig Tall touring screen- I'll report back on the ride soon. I'm 5'10", on a Sundowner seat, normal dimensions. Wear all sorts of helmets. Today I'm in an open face.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cootey:
JakeC7R (01-10-2024), Midknight77 (01-09-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 01:51 PM
morooster
Cruiser

Might be sacrilege but... anyone seen a chrome dash being made for these yet? i dont really like the wrinkle black stripe i have to stare at all day

Old 01-12-2024, 02:25 PM
Cootey
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cootey
I have literally just bolted on a Puig Tall touring screen- I'll report back on the ride soon. I'm 5'10", on a Sundowner seat, normal dimensions. Wear all sorts of helmets. Today I'm in an open face.

Initial thoughts- very well made screen, fits good but the grommets are a pain to swap over! I'll get some spare ones.

On the road it definitely pushes more air up and away from the rider. But it's clean air, like the stock screen there is no buffetting but there is some wind roar, but massively reduced over stock. It also knocks wind sideways so it doesn't collapse on the passenger. I can tell already my wife won't be beat up.

I've used some other brands with a lip on the edge and theres a reason that oem screens don't have one- it introduces turbulence and therefore noise, even if it throws the wind higher.

in the end its a great screen, well designed and thought out.

Points to note- if you're running tall risers, or pullback plates you'll be more upright and your head will sit further away from the bubble and therefore youll get more turbulence and air collapsing. No screen will fix this.

Last edited by Cootey; 01-12-2024 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2024, 11:08 PM
relayer4u
Intermediate
Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by morooster
Might be sacrilege but... anyone seen a chrome dash being made for these yet? i dont really like the wrinkle black stripe i have to stare at all day
Breakout dash is chrome.

The following users liked this post:
Old Ranger (01-17-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 11:32 PM
morooster
Cruiser

Originally Posted by relayer4u
Breakout dash is chrome.

I'm going to breakout.

Quick Reply: Everything Low Rider ST Thread