2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Everything Low Rider ST Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 12:52 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 1,031 Posts

I was at a dealer here in ct. picking up a part when the 22 regular s hit the floor. I was checking one out to compare with my 2020. A sales guy came over and I asked how much for the st out the door when they come in. Could not get an answer. Flash forward a couple weeks ago the salesman calls and say’s they have an st the buyer backed out. I said I would be in on Monday to check it out. Walking in I was thinking this is not good I am going to be blown away by this bike and do something not so smart and make a foolish deal. Went to were the regular s model was and did not see it. I was thinking good they must have sold it. It was sitting right by sales managers office. By the time I got to it a salesman I did not know was starting his song and dance. Soon after the salesman I talked to joined in. The bike is great looking obviously I have been a low rider s fan since 2016. When I sat on it I looked at the wrinkle finish stock risers and I thought no way I would trade my bike it’s come too too far. I felt relieved. I know something so easy to replace but it gave me a reality check. I showed a picture of my bike to the salesman and told him it was paid for and he ran and returned with the sales manager. They said 17 k was trade in for my bike but they would do more because I had so much into it. Yeah right! I said how much out the door? Could not get an answer. They wanted to sit down and run numbers. I said well Msrp is just under 22k for the black and the first salesman said, I don’t know were you heard that from more like 25k. I have never bought a bike at this dealer. The first salesman was also telling me how he had the bike on the highway and how it rips and it is like a mini road glide. If I spend that much on a bike it needs to come straight to me from the factory, like my bike did.I told them I would half think about it and left. A girl from the dealer called the next day and I said I will pass. Hopefully when the el Diablo comes out I can hurdle that bump in the road!!

I don’t want to buy the hole cow. I am just here for the milk meaning just sell me the fairing Harley!! 😂. When I got off the bike I hit the right bag with my work boot that had mortar all over it and I stopped and said sorry I can’t believe I did that and then hit the other hard bag coming down ! Ugh. Funny for many years now I have always said to my wife when she gets on my bike( don’t kick my F-iN motorcycle). She usually now beats me to it by saying ( shut up I am not going to kick your f-in motorcycle) what do I do I kicked somebody’s motorcycle! Not once but twice.

Last edited by Durham man; 04-18-2022 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2022, 01:29 PM
andybomjardim
Advanced
Received 57 Likes on 21 Posts

She's a real doozy!

Old 04-18-2022, 03:08 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,894 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by Durham man
I said well Msrp is just under 22k for the black and the first salesman said, I don’t know were you heard that from more like 25k.
That salesman is full of ****.

MSRP for the vivid black Low Rider ST is $21,749. Freight is $600, and there is a surcharge of $750. That's a total of $23,099 before tax and license. The only other charge in there is $200 for California emissions (if applicable).

If you were buying the ST in California for MSRP, the out the door price would be around $25K. This includes 10% for tax and license.

Old 04-18-2022, 04:02 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson

MSRP for the vivid black Low Rider ST is $21,749. Freight is $600, and there is a surcharge of $750. That's a total of $23,099 before tax and license. The only other charge in there is $200 for California emissions (if applicable).

If you were buying the ST in California for MSRP, the out the door price would be around $25K. This includes 10% for tax and license.
of course he is full ****. When I replied I read it on Harley web site he said nothing and proceeded to turn the ignition on to show me the lights on the fairing lol! It did not matter I decided 10 minutes prior to his bull **** that I was not going to buy even if was at no mark up. Again it’s a beautiful bike but it did not move me enough to take the hit!

The following 2 users liked this post by Durham man:
Jed Clampett (04-19-2022), Then Came Bronson (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 04:45 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson

Everything you said is true but they are ripping people for $30K on these when they can get it. Not giving a price is the tell for huge markup they are trying to hide. I've had this conversation with multiple dealers now.

Old 04-18-2022, 05:45 PM
Sanjuro
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,650 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by deadeye
Everything you said is true but they are ripping people for $30K on these when they can get it. Not giving a price is the tell for huge markup they are trying to hide. I've had this conversation with multiple dealers now.
If you are in Southern CA, speak with Laidlaw’s or Biggs H-D. They have no mark up and no dealer prep fees. Just MSRP, Freight, the H-D surcharge, and CA emissions.

The following 5 users liked this post by Sanjuro:
FenderBndr (05-05-2022), johnnynitro (05-17-2023), JSCHWAG (12-25-2022), PowayKing (09-23-2024), tclhb (01-22-2024)
Old 04-18-2022, 05:46 PM
Tomplumb
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid $23,099 for mine. He gave me $1000 over trade in for my dyna because it had low miles. Not sure when it’s going to arrive- probably in may

The following users liked this post:
Jed Clampett (04-19-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 07:14 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,894 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by deadeye
I believe you. There's always going to be some impatient guy out there that's willing to pay that huge markup just to get that bike right now.

I actually like the ST, and am tempted. However, I have never paid MSRP for a new bike, let alone MSRP plus a premium, and I don't plan on doing so any time in the near future. I'll just wait until things calm down a little bit, and see what the next model year lineup looks like.

The following 2 users liked this post by Then Came Bronson:
Phil McGrath (04-26-2022), Zakk13 (05-01-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 05:48 AM
GlennB.
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I picked up the vivid black one at $27K. MSRP plus all the other dumba** charges that HDMC throws towards you.

I came from a 2013 Slim and this bike is just more fun to me, plain and simple. It’s faster than I expected it to be and is a blast to ride.

I’ve switched out the turn signals for l
LED lighting and am looking at exhausts and fuel management options now.

The following 4 users liked this post by GlennB.:
Durham man (04-19-2022), HuntWhenever (04-19-2022), JayMN (04-19-2022), Jed Clampett (04-19-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 08:38 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by GlennB.
I picked up the vivid black one at $27K. MSRP plus all the other dumba** charges that HDMC throws towards you.

I came from a 2013 Slim and this bike is just more fun to me, plain and simple. It’s faster than I expected it to be and is a blast to ride.

I’ve switched out the turn signals for l
LED lighting and am looking at exhausts and fuel management options now.
congrats on your purchase!!

Quick Reply: Everything Low Rider ST Thread