Everything Low Rider ST Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2023, 08:33 PM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,805 Likes on 1,202 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
For those who put a tour pack on their ST.... simple preference question - rack or no rack? If rack, what did you usually tie down on it? Right now I am leaning towards a Advanblack chopped tour pack and I think the King might just be oddly large looking.

and the more important question, slip on preference - a little more volume without pissing off my neighbors or being obnoxious when on long trips, basically something that sounds good while hitting it.
The Razor looks sweet on an ST. I guess the downside is capacity. Agree, the King detracts from the ST style. I like the sound of Tab medium slip-ons. Good price and they use the OEM heat shields.

Old 05-01-2023, 09:55 AM
adrumm74
Intermediate
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

If anyone is interested:

I talked with Thrashin Supply and they confirmed that their Road Glide Riser Adapters will work with the ST. This will bring your current riser/bar setup 2 inches up and 2 inches closer + or - .

Here is a link: https://www.thrashinsupply.com/colle...-riser-adapter

I don't think it will need any cable changes. I ordered a set and will update as soon as I can.

I also have a set of S&S slash cut slipons to install. Waiting on my new Go Pro to arrive so I can do a full install video.

The following users liked this post:
HD_fan (05-01-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 05:14 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Is that a stock windshield?

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 05-02-2023, 05:19 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Long Ride Shields

Originally Posted by JayMN
Thanks Jed. Yes, I'm sure within a couple years there will be an aftermarket windshield that looks good & still does the job. Just stuck with what's out there currently which is only the HD tall windshield so we'll go with that for now I guess. Specs say 4" higher than stock, the stock windshield is at about a 45 degree angle so I'm not sure if it will be 4" larger at the 45 degree angle, or 4" higher from the ground, will find this out when mine comes.

Nice PA, I was torn about that bike when it was introduced, phenominal motor the way it sounds. Would like to see a full picture of your bike with that faring!
We are working on one for you guys!

The following 2 users liked this post by longrideshields-1:
JayMN (05-15-2023), tas_todd (05-03-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 11:33 PM
Reaper53
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

What's a good option for a luggage rack on the ST? Still waiting for delivery of mine, but I do plan on a few over night trips with it and want to have a little more room for stuff.

Old 05-15-2023, 05:56 AM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 1,416 Posts

Mustache guard or standard engine guard? Are the foot rests usable and comfortable on the mustache guards? Regardless of choice I have to wait to order them as the adapter kit needed to relocate the turn signals is out of stock for quite a few weeks

Standard
Mustache

Old 05-15-2023, 06:01 AM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 1,416 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper53
What's a good option for a luggage rack on the ST? Still waiting for delivery of mine, but I do plan on a few over night trips with it and want to have a little more room for stuff.
I am going with a chopped tour pack on mine but I did look over racks for when I don't need it and it came down to either those that mounted on the fender, like Motherwell Products or the Harley racks which used the mounting spools. The issue with the Harley racks is they all are for two up meaning the rack if back a bit and you can choose to have a back rest or not. Honestly while I like the looks of the racks that mount to the fender I just don't think it would grant any real capacity weight wise

Reaper53 (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 07:04 AM
mikec35
Cruiser
Received 144 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
Mustache guard or standard engine guard? Are the foot rests usable and comfortable on the mustache guards? Regardless of choice I have to wait to order them as the adapter kit needed to relocate the turn signals is out of stock for quite a few weeks
I have the mustache bar, I like the looks better. I am 5'11" with a 30 inch inseam and my feet can uncomfortably reach the top of the mustache bar to stretch out. I added footpegs to the highway bar and to me that's the ticket.

If you get the oval bar you could add lower leg fairings if thats a consideration, I don't think you can add the lower fairings to the mustache bar.

wlwoodruff (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 10:12 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 437 Likes on 292 Posts
Default Windshield

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
We are working on one for you guys!
windshield when will it be available ?

Old 05-16-2023, 09:39 AM
97stalker
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
Can I ask you guys what you do or don't like about the stock windshield on the Low Rider ST?
it's much too low for highway or long rides.

JayMN (05-16-2023)

Quick Reply: Everything Low Rider ST Thread