2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Everything Low Rider ST Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 06:14 AM
°Rev
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

As you wrote, the bike responds better when using mid controls... Forward controls get the bike more comfortable on straight routes... Your solution seems a good compromise as you retail the ability to be more incisive on the geometry and the trajectories using mid controls. Me I've decided to go for the mustache crash bars to have the increase confort in highway smoother routes and having mid control effectiveness for our hill's twisties (lot of hills and curves here)

Old 06-03-2022, 06:45 AM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,805 Likes on 1,202 Posts

Lean angle focused geometry? Did the discussion move to a V4 Streetfighter or a Ninja H2 and I missed it?

The following 4 users liked this post by tngarren:
Calif Fat Bob (06-03-2022), David Leslie (06-03-2022), Jecr (09-24-2022), Sanjuro (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 11:03 AM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,845 Likes on 958 Posts

Lean Angle Focused Geometry = LAFG or better yet
Focused Lean Angle Geometry = FLAG
"He Spike, does your bike have FLAG? Mine has serious FLAG!"

The following users liked this post:
tngarren (06-04-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 05:18 PM
rhartlin
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quick question, do these bikes come stock with cruise control? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by rhartlin; 06-03-2022 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2022, 05:49 PM
adamsrotors
Road Captain
Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

^ yes

Old 06-03-2022, 06:01 PM
adamsrotors
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Durham man
The New lean angle focused geometry? Fancy words for 56 mm heritage shock. I have the st rear shock(56 mm heritage shock) on my bike. The st does have the better static rate spring’s in the forks to help with the extra 70 pounds, I get it.
mate that shock and these shims, and you get really a nice out the box/+10min DIY ground clearance: https://www.hairycustoms.com/product...-s-fork-shims/

Durham man (06-03-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 11:16 PM
adamsrotors
Road Captain

^ got mine yesterday...already tore it apart and got a ton of stuff done to it.

few things...I come hat & hat and recant everything I said about forward controls. 75% I'll be doing them.
now this isn't just because of how it is, as-is, it's a mini floorboard install I did that puts my feet up another 1" or more I'd say. my hip has damn near locked up on me twice now in the 24hrs of quick putt around test rides, since owning it. it's weird angle and just too extreme/tight...and maybe I'm also just getting old.
I hate the rear brake position too, I already adjusted it as high as it goes and I feel like the rear brake does nothing as I have little-to-no leverage on it. this I'm worried won't go away from the forwards, judging by pics, but who knows. we'll see if I pull the trigger, and worst case, build/mod the lever.

also, regarding lean angle, man this new shock is noticeable. I'm adding a 1" extension to it next week still, but the geometry is noticeable out the box.
another cool thing to note, these '22's do NOT need those shims up front I linked! I got a free .5" up front just by sliding the tubes down...those 2 things and you'll be riding corners no problem.

fairing does a GREAT job at body wind deflection but **** for your head/helmet.
I'm running a POS china clip-on shield that believe it or not helps alot until Klock releases they're offering...this stock one is worthless. if you haven't seen, the SDC FXLRST already has a 6" prototype on it.

I'm running a big sucker & a thunderheader and it sounds great and rips. I think I'll be doing a cam tho here in the next year or so. we'll see.
first, I have an FP4 waiting to go on, but V&H still has no mapping for the ST. I wait patiently.

ignore my missing taillight...and front signals. working on it.

it's not done at all, but this is where I left off for the night. no bad for 27hrs!

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...s/IMG_8824.MOV
https://share.icloud.com/photos/00ck...ZiAJmNbN8h1Txw

Last edited by adamsrotors; 06-24-2022 at 12:07 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by adamsrotors:
JayMN (06-23-2022), Sanjuro (06-24-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 12:02 AM
Sanjuro
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,650 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by adamsrotors
^ got mine yesterday...already tore it apart and got a ton of stuff done to it.

few things...I come hat & hat and recant everything I said about forward controls. 75% I'll be doing them.
now this isn't just because of how it is, as-is, it's a mini floorboard install I did that puts my feet up another 1" or more I'd say. my hip has damn near locked up on me twice now in the 24hrs of quick putt around test rides, since owning it. it's weird angle and just too extreme/tight...and maybe I'm also just getting old.
I hate the rear brake position too, I already adjusted it as high as it goes and I feel like the rear brake does nothing as I have little-to-no leverage on it. this I'm worried won't go away from the forwards, judging by pics, but who knows. we'll see if I pull the trigger, and worst case, build/mod the lever.

also, regarding lean angle, man this new shock is noticeable. I'm adding a 1" extension to it next week still, but the geometry is noticeable out the box.
another cool thing to note, these '22's do NOT need those shims up front I linked! I got a free .5" up front just by sliding the tubes down...those 2 things and you'll be riding corners no problem.

fairing does a GREAT job at body wind deflection but **** for your head/helmet.
I'm running a POS china clip-on shield that believe it or not helps alot until Klock releases they're offering...this stock one is worthless. if you haven't seen, the SDC FXLRST already has a 6" prototype on it.

I'm running a big sucker & a thunderheader and it sounds great and rips. I think I'll be doing a cam tho here in the next year or so. we'll see.
first, I have an FP4 waiting to go on, but V&H still has no mapping for the ST. I wait patiently.

it's not done at all, but this is where I left off for the night. no bad for 27hrs!

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...s/IMG_8824.MOV
Excellent!

Something to think about is the Corbin “Wall” seat. The high back of the seat works well to support your back, and the high mount of the saddlebags seems to fit perfectly with the look of the seat.

JakeC7R (08-03-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 12:04 AM
adamsrotors
Road Captain

^ which forward kit did you run? I don't recognize the brake lever unless it's an add-on. and love how high it is! looks like exactly what I'm after.

Sanjuro (06-24-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 12:10 AM
Sanjuro
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,650 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by adamsrotors
^ which forward kit did you run? I don't recognize the brake lever unless it's an add-on. and love how high it is! looks like exactly what I'm after.
It’s the OEM H-D forward control kit, the chrome version that I had powder coated black. The Chrome version has a different brake lever than the black version - so look at the kits carefully before you buy.

I used the mini floorboards from Kuryakyn, as they seemed to be the largest dimensionally, and had the shape that seems to go well with the bike.

Quick Reply: Everything Low Rider ST Thread