Everything Low Rider ST Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 05:38 PM
Sanjuro
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,650 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by djorgensen3
Well I contacted them today and got a weird response. I thought I'd share just to see what you all think.
I inquired about a black FXLRST amd since they are supposedly an MSRP no fee dealer, I thought I'd give them a try. All the local dealers here in Phoenix area fee the bikes up almost $9k. So their response was that they are unwilling to work with out of state people and are concentrating on local sales and riding community only. I thought that was a strange response. I figured they would be glad to take my money and put me on a list. I'm not in any rush to get one. I figured they would be fine with out of state sales especially since I'm only about 4 or 5 hours away and more than willing to make the drive. Its a disappointment but I'll keep looking around I guess. Maybe when production increases and more are available it'll be a bit easier and more cost justifiable to get one.
Not sure you would want a CA emissions bike anyway.

Also, H-D corporate has some pretty strict rules about selling outside the individual dealers sales area (or so I’m told).

Old 05-11-2022, 05:53 PM
djorgensen3
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

But it doesn't make sense if the customer is willing to travel to pick up the bike. Is what it is I guess. I was about to purchase one here in Phoenix until they added so many fees on top of the agreed upon price, I decided to get my deposit back.

Old 05-11-2022, 06:17 PM
adamsrotors
Road Captain
Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

please share your fees here. good info for everyone.

Old 05-11-2022, 07:11 PM
GreenMonster
Road Master
Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by adamsrotors
^ you wouldn't wanna buy a CA bike anyways...assuming the SMOG stuff goes beyond the exhaust that is. we're forced to.
all that stuff is easily swapped out

Old 05-11-2022, 07:13 PM
GreenMonster
Road Master
Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Sanjuro
Not sure you would want a CA emissions bike anyway.

Also, H-D corporate has some pretty strict rules about selling outside the individual dealers sales area (or so I’m told).
not sure how that would work I can go to about 10 different dealers here in SoCal from San Diego to Ventura to the desert I’m sure they would all be happy to sell me a bike .

Old 05-11-2022, 07:13 PM
Sanjuro
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,650 Likes on 763 Posts

But it doesn't make sense if the customer is willing to travel to pick up the bike. Is what it is I guess. I was about to purchase one here in Phoenix until they added so many fees on top of the agreed upon price, I decided to get my deposit back.
I hear you.

Consider too that Laidlaw’s has a pretty loyal base, and I would venture to guess that the majority are local. They may need to support their local base, and continue to have the locals bring them business in terms of future bike sales, servicing, parts, and other misc stuff. As a Phoenix resident, I don’t think that you would be going to Laidlaw’s for services or misc parts.

I know that as a San Diego local, I’ll be riding up to them as much as I can, and do my services with them.

I do hope you find one. The LRST is an amazing bike!

Last edited by Sanjuro; 05-11-2022 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:20 PM
djorgensen3
Cruiser

Now don't quote me on these numbers but it went something like this:

21749 msrp
750 HD surcharge
850 setup fee
650 shipping
Doc fees which I can't remember numbers
200 Cali emission fee(which I pointed out that we aren't in Cali so why pay those fees)
TTL which is a given anywhere and varies by state
and some emormous dealer premium surcharge or something that took the total to right around $29k.

I walked out with my deposit in hand. Can't justify that price for any motorcycle.

The following users liked this post:
Soonerbldr (01-24-2023)
Old 05-11-2022, 07:23 PM
djorgensen3
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sanjuro
I hear you.

Consider too that Laidlaw’s has a pretty loyal base, and I would venture to guess that the majority are local. They may need to support their local base, and continue to have the locals bring them business in terms of future bike sales, servicing, parts, and other misc stuff. As a Phoenix resident, I don’t think that you would be going to Laidlaw’s for services or misc parts.

I know that as a San Diego local, I’ll be riding up to them as much as I can, and do my services with them.

I do hope you find one. The LRST is an amazing bike!
Actually I wouldn't have any problem doing that. They are only 4 or 5 hours away and we usually make weekend trips to California(I don't know why anymore though) since it is the closest beaches. I would have been happy to let them do the service and as I told them I was ready to drop the cash to put in a 131 kit before it even left their shop. I would have spent a lot of money there with that purchase.

Old 05-11-2022, 07:58 PM
adamsrotors
Road Captain
Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

Now don't quote me on these numbers but it went something like this:

21749 msrp
750 HD surcharge
850 setup fee
650 shipping
Doc fees which I can't remember numbers
200 Cali emission fee(which I pointed out that we aren't in Cali so why pay those fees)
TTL which is a given anywhere and varies by state
and some emormous dealer premium surcharge or something that took the total to right around $29k.

I walked out with my deposit in hand. Can't justify that price for any motorcycle.
the only fee I’m paying that Im not happy with is a $1300 “dealer prep fee” which we all know is BS.
$800? that’s a little more reasonable. but still, I consider this a “mark-up” tho not a straight up add-on charge for no other reason then “they can” which apparently some are doing…so I accepted.

Old 05-11-2022, 10:07 PM
RGpittsburgh
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Take it for what it is… u could walk otd with an fxlrs for under $17k in 2020-21.

29k is silly.

FJB

The following users liked this post:
FenderBndr (05-12-2022)

Quick Reply: Everything Low Rider ST Thread