Best Exhaust for 2022 FXLRS

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 10:45 AM
JED POLAND
Road Captain
Received 208 Likes on 157 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by OrangeThunder
Check out Shadetree Surgeon on YT. They're doing a giveaway LRS with the El Diablo exhaust and a hopped up 131. It's still way over 110ft lbs @ 2k rpm and jumps up to 150ish by 4k or so iirc. I had it on my Fatbob and absolutely loved it, not too loud and obnoxious or quiet. How a Harley should sound from the get-go. D&D Fatcat is also another good pipe for these bikes, I just prefer the look of the Cobra better, as well as the price being great too.
I now that Fatcat is top 3 exhaust but...I don't like its look and probably the sound (based on YT).

Originally Posted by OrangeThunder
Also, the tappet cuff thing was in response to another person who was talking about the cam swap with oil pump etc. I'd definitely swap the pump for either S&S or Feuling along with cam bearing. Lifters sure, but what's the big deal w/the cuffs? As I said, they're extremely simar in function and matl as the lifter buckets in GM V8s as well as Gen 3+ Hemi. They go 100s of thousands of miles, no issues.
One of the things my AD replaced for me, were the cuffs.

Originally Posted by tailgatejoe
here's my bike with the riot pipe.

That was my choice - If I were any further with mods, i.e. your mods.

Last edited by JED POLAND; 03-24-2022 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2022, 10:25 AM
Mattmike
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful bike man. I was looking at that big bore kit but I’ve had a few people out here tell me to go with the S&S 550 with a SS 131 kit. Did you ever look into that? I’m just curious…would love to also hear how it sounds.
Originally Posted by tailgatejoe
had the s&s suoerstreet race pipe and I liked it but wasn't super loud. I then went ***** out on a FuelMoto 128 install with heads and all and had them install their jackpot. After unleashing it on Daytona bike week I am over the moon satisfied with everything. Everyone I was with loved the sound, and when I cracked the throttle around a crowd everyone turned to look, and that is in a sea of motorcycles.

Old 04-06-2022, 01:12 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 840 Likes on 378 Posts

I was going to order a Fuel Moto Riot this morning but the black ceramic ones are not available for a long time, 5+ months maybe. So they talked me into a Sawicki. On the shelf and have a Power Vision coming too.

Old 04-06-2022, 04:36 PM
Mattmike
Novice

The Fuel Moto Riot are due in I believe next week! The SS superstreet just arrived for me after two months. Now you guys are making me think haha.
Originally Posted by shiftace
I was going to order a Fuel Moto Riot this morning but the black ceramic ones are not available for a long time, 5+ months maybe. So they talked me into a Sawicki. On the shelf and have a Power Vision coming too.

Old 04-06-2022, 05:08 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 840 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattmike
The Fuel Moto Riot are due in I believe next week! The SS superstreet just arrived for me after two months. Now you guys are making me think haha.
Bare stainless yes next week sometime. Black ceramic are not even in the pipeline as of yet. I considered that S&S system too but wasn’t in love with the look of the canister.

Old 04-06-2022, 06:04 PM
Mattmike
Novice

Anyone ever thought of s&s 475 full cam kit? I hear great things with the M8

Old 05-03-2022, 01:07 PM
adamsrotors
Road Captain
Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

it's not on just yet so I can't speak from personal opinion riding-wise, but looks and sound-wise I know this was an easy choice.

I went the the thunderheader "high pipe" for my ST and with reason too.
with the offset bags these bikes come with, this high pipe not only gives great ground clearance (and style being one of the only pipes to run routed like this) but will fill that void where the bag is smaller, making it look intentional with this aftermarket pipe.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:09 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

No passenger I guess 🤷‍♂️ Nice looking pipe.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:33 PM
adamsrotors
Road Captain
Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

nope. and I’m married!

The following 3 users liked this post by adamsrotors:
eighteight (03-21-2023), MXJunky (09-28-2023), OldMike (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 01:09 PM
Mattmike
Novice

Sweet ride! Post a video of how she sounds.

Originally Posted by adamsrotors
it's not on just yet so I can't speak from personal opinion riding-wise, but looks and sound-wise I know this was an easy choice.

I went the the thunderheader "high pipe" for my ST and with reason too.
with the offset bags these bikes come with, this high pipe not only gives great ground clearance (and style being one of the only pipes to run routed like this) but will fill that void where the bag is smaller, making it look intentional with this aftermarket pipe.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for 2022 FXLRS