Old 08-18-2021 | 08:31 PM
ChrisOcean
|
Intermediate
Default 2019 FXFBS Fat Bob 114

Hello folks!

Thinking about picking up this bike:
https://hderie.com/Motorcycles-Harle...6-ad33014d8de2

Was wondering peoples thoughts on this bike?
I have a 2017 Sportster Forty-Eight Screaming Eagle Stage 2

Is this bike just a bigger beefier version of what i have now?
That's pretty much the assumption i'm going with, just with better suspension.

Please let me know any pro's and con's!

I LOVE this color though, that's one of the reasons i want the 19, is the Rawhide Denim is just gorgeous to me.

Old 08-19-2021 | 06:49 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

Yes !

The new Softails are the right answer to the previous Sportster IMO, I had many Sportsters before and my wife have a Forty Eight as a daily driver but wen she got the chance she takes my Street Bob
because with the air suspension on it, is lower for her. I have also the Fat Bob FXFBS and the Fat Boy FLFB, the Fat Bob is the best choice you can make for sportier riding.

If you drive on the highway you will appreciate the Softail even more and the Sportster will quickly look like a mopet

The following users liked this post:
ChrisOcean (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021 | 08:23 AM
ChrisOcean
|
Intermediate

see that’s what I was thinking. Just a bigger beefier better road version that the 48 while retaining most of the features ie forward riding position.

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
Yes !

The new Softails are the right answer to the previous Sportster IMO, I had many Sportsters before and my wife have a Forty Eight as a daily driver but wen she got the chance she takes my Street Bob
because with the air suspension on it, is lower for her. I have also the Fat Bob FXFBS and the Fat Boy FLFB, the Fat Bob is the best choice you can make for sportier riding.

If you drive on the highway you will appreciate the Softail even more and the Sportster will quickly look like a mopet

Old 08-19-2021 | 11:58 AM
FXLRyan
Tourer

The fat bob is an amazing bike. It rides really well and has a ton of power. I wouldn’t really call it a bigger beefier version of the 48.. I’d say it just blows it out of the water. You will definitely enjoy it

ChrisOcean (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021 | 01:13 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member

That's a heck of a price for a used 2019, though not many miles. I guess they're all pretty high now though, glad I bought my 2020 two years ago.

ChrisOcean (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021 | 04:04 PM
supernac
Tourer

What are they asking for a new one? I’ve got a 2018 114, love it.

Old 08-19-2021 | 04:46 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior

Having just bought a used 2020 Fat Bob 114 in Performance Orange a couple of months ago here are my thoughts,
I paid $18,500 (plus tax and license) for mine with 1,790 miles on it. Bought it used from a non Harley dealer here in California. My dealer would not budge on price as it was a consignment bike.
t had S&S exhaust, heated grips, cruise contol, joker mini floor boards, and aftermarket levers installed.
It was the color I wanted and clean so I jumped on it.

The dealers here in SF Bay Area have NO Fat Bobs and very little if any newer Street Bobs or other Softails. Not sure how Harley rolls them out, but it seems like tons of new Touring Bikes and not so much on the Softails. Most of the used bikes I've seen are beat or super high miles.

Not sure the prices and availability in PA, but that bike looks clean and has what appears to be Vanes and Hines Slip-ons ($479), Onyx bag ($130), tail rack ($250). I bet you could get it for $17,750 - $18,250.
The Fat Bob Softail especially in the 114 is a beast. Your Sportster might be a bit more nimble at low speeds but the Bob 114 handles well in the twisties and has gobs of torque. Super fun bike to ride.

I was cross shopping the Fat Bob, Street Bob, Low Rider, and Heritage and test drove all of them. The Fat Bob just spoke to me and was the best bike for the type of riding I do. Canyon carving, ~100 miles max a day. No touring or long distances.

Good luck!

Blatant post of mine just because! lol
As she sat the day I bought it.

With a Memphis Shade added, reflectors removed, LED Turn Signals, etc.

Last edited by Calif Fat Bob; 08-19-2021 at 04:59 PM.
ChrisOcean (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021 | 04:47 PM
RocketyMan
Tourer

Originally Posted by ChrisOcean
Hello folks!

Thinking about picking up this bike:
https://hderie.com/Motorcycles-Harle...6-ad33014d8de2

Was wondering peoples thoughts on this bike?
I have a 2017 Sportster Forty-Eight Screaming Eagle Stage 2

Is this bike just a bigger beefier version of what i have now?
That's pretty much the assumption i'm going with, just with better suspension.

Please let me know any pro's and con's!

I LOVE this color though, that's one of the reasons i want the 19, is the Rawhide Denim is just gorgeous to me.

I have an '18 FXFBS and absolutely LOVE the thing. The headlight on this bike gets a bad rap just because of looks. But lemme tell you, the coverage the headlight on the fat bob is AMAZING at night. I have a daymaker on my FLSTSB and it sucks in comparison to the fat bob headlight. This is a very quick bike in comparison to the TC softails. Absolutely love this platform as it is way more "flickable" than previous generation.

Because it's on one of those change-over years, I would recommend upgrading to the 8-lob factory HD oil pump. It's $120ish and not super difficult. This would be the perfect opportunity to do a simple STAGE II cam with like a S&S475 or Woods 22X. This thing is an absolute ripper. If I go strictly all HWY miles, I can get 48MPG going 80ishMPH.

I also love the dual full-floating disc rotors up front with the solid-mounted calipers. NISSIN Brakes are great brakes. Much better than the 'olden days with the "banana-clip" caliper.

Riding position is rather comfortable for me. I did get 3" bar risers for the stock bars. They are perfect for someone circa 6' tall.

The gauge cluster is perfect for what I want. I'm more interested in TACH than speedometer as I can hone in my twist-angle based upon engine speed and gear indicator. Great bike.

ChrisOcean (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021 | 04:48 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by supernac
What are they asking for a new one? I’ve got a 2018 114, love it.
Here in the SF Bay Area they are asking $20,999 PLUS freight and setup if you can find them.

Old 08-19-2021 | 09:57 PM
ChrisOcean
|
Intermediate

THIS IS A SICK COLOR!!

I Love orange so much, wow that's pretty impressive!

Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
Having just bought a used 2020 Fat Bob 114 in Performance Orange a couple of months ago here are my thoughts,
I paid $18,500 (plus tax and license) for mine with 1,790 miles on it. Bought it used from a non Harley dealer here in California. My dealer would not budge on price as it was a consignment bike.
t had S&S exhaust, heated grips, cruise contol, joker mini floor boards, and aftermarket levers installed.
It was the color I wanted and clean so I jumped on it.

The dealers here in SF Bay Area have NO Fat Bobs and very little if any newer Street Bobs or other Softails. Not sure how Harley rolls them out, but it seems like tons of new Touring Bikes and not so much on the Softails. Most of the used bikes I've seen are beat or super high miles.

Not sure the prices and availability in PA, but that bike looks clean and has what appears to be Vanes and Hines Slip-ons ($479), Onyx bag ($130), tail rack ($250). I bet you could get it for $17,750 - $18,250.
The Fat Bob Softail especially in the 114 is a beast. Your Sportster might be a bit more nimble at low speeds but the Bob 114 handles well in the twisties and has gobs of torque. Super fun bike to ride.

I was cross shopping the Fat Bob, Street Bob, Low Rider, and Heritage and test drove all of them. The Fat Bob just spoke to me and was the best bike for the type of riding I do. Canyon carving, ~100 miles max a day. No touring or long distances.

Good luck!

Blatant post of mine just because! lol
As she sat the day I bought it.

With a Memphis Shade added, reflectors removed, LED Turn Signals, etc.

Quick Reply: 2019 FXFBS Fat Bob 114