Reckless Motorcycle Fairing issue!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 01:28 AM
RoxSy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Deal Breaker
Looks good, 01!

I purchased a slightly used XE about a month ago for my Heritage and finally got around to trying it out yesterday for about 90 miles. On my bike, I haven't yet decided if modifying the mounts is necessary. My hands/grips are right behind the two ends and there's not that much room between the head light and the fairing. So, I think the height is about right, but it may be sitting a little too far forward of the handlebars, so I may tinker with that a little. Other than that, I may also try some fiberglass work on the dashboard area. Then, after all that work, It'll be off to the painters to match my factory two-tone.

Oh, and I'm also considering purchasing a set of wind deflectors from Reckless. The updraft is more noticeable with the fairing than with my clear windshield.
I'm definitely curious of what you are going to do about that dashboard.
I'm still figuring something to bolt on there, like a glove box or something similar to the one for the Electra Standard (Eglide).

Old 12-02-2021, 09:01 PM
Deal Breaker
Club Member
Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RoxSy
I'm definitely curious of what you are going to do about that dashboard. I'm still figuring something to bolt on there, like a glove box or something similar to the one for the Electra Standard (Eglide).
Hi, RoxSy!
Initially I looked for a marine glovebox with a door, but the smallest ones may be a little too big. So, I think what I'll do is glass in a 1/4" thick piece of starboard that will essentially replace the chrome Reckless-branded fence that's riveted in front of the existing shelf. So, I'll still retain the open glove box, but the solid front will serve two purposes. First, it will prevent whatever junk I throw in there from falling out and I'll use it to mount bases for a zumo GPS and my phone.

The following users liked this post:
RoxSy (12-03-2021)