2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Seat options for Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 07:39 PM
Fazza_FXLRS
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Seat options for Low Rider S

I know 99% people go with Saddlemen Step up . i'm trying to be at least a little different with my build . haha

anyhow . . i'm exploring my optrions. ideally it would be something that will seat me back a little . I'm 6' tall and FXLRS is little cramped
i'm looking at La Pera Cherokee or Kickflip. Drag Specialties and Corbin .
there is also C&C Customs ...
i don't mind spending extra $$ , but i want to get it right the first time

any one has experience with any of those ?

thanks

Old 12-31-2020, 01:51 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,531 Likes on 962 Posts

I am running the stock low rider 2 up seat. Very comfortable. I ran the saddlemen on my wide glide and it is a great seat that really locks you in but I felt that it did move me forward. I did not want any forward movement on my low rider s so I went with the low rider seat. I saw old Mike’s bike with the low rider seat and went that route.

The following 2 users liked this post by Durham man:
FattyMcJ (05-25-2021), rauchman (02-13-2022)
Old 12-31-2020, 03:17 AM
Fazza_FXLRS
Advanced

Yup. I sat on Low rider s with saddlemen at Brother's harley. I noticed right away that it moved me about 1" forward

Old 12-31-2020, 12:07 PM
Lanyu
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a saddlemen as well but I got the "ultimate comfort with driver back rest" And I'm very happy with it Gel in rider and pillion. I did wonder if it was going to be to hard after reading there description but its perfect for me maybe because of my body weight? Im 6ft and too many pounds

Only problem is I now need pullback risers as it has put me back to the point that im having to use all my reach which is causing strain. from my shoulder to biggest knuckle is 28.5"

Old 12-31-2020, 12:23 PM
Fazza_FXLRS
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lanyu
I have a saddlemen as well but I got the "ultimate comfort with driver back rest" And I'm very happy with it Gel in rider and pillion. I did wonder if it was going to be to hard after reading there description but its perfect for me maybe because of my body weight? Im 6ft and too many pounds

Only problem is I now need pullback risers as it has put me back to the point that im having to use all my reach which is causing strain. from my shoulder to biggest knuckle is 28.5"
i may look into that. I have monkey hands so reach shouldn't be a problem. Also getting risers with pull back soon.
I reached out to c&c customs to see what they can do for me.

Second thought is to go with forward controls.. But i'd rather not.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:38 PM
Lanyu
Advanced

I have forward controls on mine it was a must! and held of riding it until they arrived as I had to physically lift my leg up to change gears

Old 12-31-2020, 01:01 PM
Fazza_FXLRS
Advanced

Damn. I'm afraid i'lk ha e to get them. I don't won't loose handling properties and price of forwards sucks as well
My warrior has mild forwards and they feel pretty good. I already banged my shins on low rider

Old 12-31-2020, 02:08 PM
Lanyu
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fazza_FXLRS
Damn. I'm afraid i'lk ha e to get them. I don't won't loose handling properties and price of forwards sucks as well
My warrior has mild forwards and they feel pretty good. I already banged my shins on low rider

My Mrs and daughter both say they love the seat very comfortable.

I haven't been able to put it to the ulitmate test yet need to do a long ride and not 60 mile blasts. Legs are in perfect position forward controls are over priced and look cheap but it enables me to ride in comfort. I mean look at the brake pedal!

Old 01-01-2021, 08:23 AM
daniel.sm
Road Master
Received 145 Likes on 86 Posts

if you want a different option....try looking at Whiplash Speed Co.... their seats are very good.

Old 01-01-2021, 12:10 PM
Ric Kaysen
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Got this Slipstream from Whiplash recently. Haven't put a ton of miles on it yet but I like it so far. The company has good communication and delivered when they said.

The following users liked this post:
rauchman (05-27-2021)

Quick Reply: Seat options for Low Rider S