2018+ Softail Models Breakout

10 inch handlebar recommendations - softail slim flsl

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 01:08 PM
MouseGB
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Here’s the new Harley Fused bars, 1.25” slimming down to 1” at the grips and riser. Bikes in lockdown at the moment but it is what it is.

The following users liked this post:
BonesPBMC (01-06-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 05:24 PM
BonesPBMC
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MouseGB
Here’s the new Harley Fused bars, 1.25” slimming down to 1” at the grips and riser. Bikes in lockdown at the moment but it is what it is.

I also have a LRS and looking to get the fused bars. Do you have part numbers or lengths of the cables you needed to extend everything?

Old 01-06-2021, 08:18 PM
Ironpharaoh
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 5'7 and put 10-inch bars on my 2014 Slim. I regret the height. should've gone at least 12.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:35 PM
MouseGB
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BonesPBMC
I also have a LRS and looking to get the fused bars. Do you have part numbers or lengths of the cables you needed to extend everything?
hi, the bars looked great when we held them up to the bike. It’s taken a few months to get the parts to the dealership and even then we needed to swap the front brake hose. This delayed the build and now the bike is locked down at the dealership few a few weeks!

I have used the Arlen Ness “Method” 2.5” riser and had two 0.25 spacers made to raise it out of the way of the speed screen rear cover. I’m short so you may just have a taller riser. At 5’6” my arms will be horizontal. When I get the bill I'll post the parts list for you.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:38 PM
MouseGB
Cruiser
Old 01-07-2021, 03:25 PM
BonesPBMC
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MouseGB
hi, the bars looked great when we held them up to the bike. It’s taken a few months to get the parts to the dealership and even then we needed to swap the front brake hose. This delayed the build and now the bike is locked down at the dealership few a few weeks!

I have used the Arlen Ness “Method” 2.5” riser and had two 0.25 spacers made to raise it out of the way of the speed screen rear cover. I’m short so you may just have a taller riser. At 5’6” my arms will be horizontal. When I get the bill I'll post the parts list for you.

my bars and risers are stock right now. Do I need to change the risers to run the fused bars? I’m 6’ and doing rough measurements holding my arms in a comfortable spot and having someone measure the distance to the stock risers I feel good going with the fused bars. I know the upper clutch cable, turn signal wires, and brake line will need to be extended/longer replacements. I just don’t know what length they need to be. It gets a bit confusing looking through all the options. A parts list after your build would be very helpful!

does the stock fairing get in the way with stock risers using fused bars?

not sure where you live but hopefully it’s not riding weather while your bike is in lockdown. I’m in NY so there’s too much salt here to want to ride.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:03 AM
ChunkySlug
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse

Can anyone tell me which bars these are? They almost look a little different than Todd’s.

Old 09-18-2023, 10:20 AM
russmairs
Stage II

Originally Posted by harlot
Looking for some 10 inches apes.

Any recommendation?

Aside from clutch and brake line, what else do I need?

I've gotten the above from my FLHC after I went to 16"

Where can I get extensions for switches, throttle and lights?
My only dealership doesn't have them in stock.
10" apes...
Are these handlebars still available? What color? Do you know if they are compatible with 2016 fls slim?

Old 09-18-2023, 10:23 AM
russmairs
Stage II

Originally Posted by betho61
Hello, I’ve got a set of 10” x 1 1/4” Todd’s bars for sale that I purchased for my 18 slim, but decided to go taller so I never installed them. Let me know if interested. Thanks
10" apes...Are these handlebars still available? What color? Do you know if they are compatible with 2016 fls slim?

The following users liked this post:
betho61 (09-29-2023)
Old 09-29-2023, 01:28 PM
betho61
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by russmairs
10" apes...Are these handlebars still available? What color? Do you know if they are compatible with 2016 fls slim?
they should be, they’re for TBW bikes

Quick Reply: 10 inch handlebar recommendations - softail slim flsl