2020 FLSL Pullback Risers

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020 | 02:41 AM
Mart
|
Road Master
Default 2020 FLSL Pullback Risers

Hi,

HD part no. 55900023. I think this is compatible with the stock control cables on the current softail slims. My dealer is saying I will need to replace the brake line. Anyone have experience fitting this kit and could confirm either way?

Many thanks.

Old 11-11-2020 | 04:48 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mart
Hi,

HD part no. 55900023. I think this is compatible with the stock control cables on the current softail slims. My dealer is saying I will need to replace the brake line. Anyone have experience fitting this kit and could confirm either way?

Many thanks.
That's weird the dealer would say that when product description says:
"• 4.5" high risers are compatible with the stock control cables and brake lines for a low-cost conversion"

Old 11-11-2020 | 05:06 AM
18deluxerider
Tourer

the brake hose is not a cable. it has a specific length. .

Old 11-11-2020 | 05:32 AM
Ridetothehill
Road Captain
Veteran: Air Force

Check the reviews on the HD website. It seems that some rerouting of clutch cable and brake line are what has been required.

Old 11-11-2020 | 07:36 AM
Phil13
Road Master

Perhaps your dealers written English comprehension needs practice . 'Fits ...... and '18 and later FLSL models FULL STOP '15 - '17 FLS and FLSS models.....

Old 11-11-2020 | 12:50 PM
Mart
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Phil13

Perhaps your dealers written English comprehension needs practice . 'Fits ...... and '18 and later FLSL models FULL STOP '15 - '17 FLS and FLSS models.....
Hi, yes I copied this earlier and sent it to the Service Manager. They've double checked and have confirmed, it's only the 15-17 ABS models that need replacement brake lines. That halves the cost. Half the labour time (now 1/2 an hour, less 15% discount, which seems fair enough). The brake line is very nearly the same price as the riser (£190incl tax). The riser is pricey, but looks well made. But £190 for a non-braided brake line. Really?

Has anyone put these on their own Slim? Just like to know the cables. wiring and brake line don't get too tight.

The next challenge will be parts delivery (not in stock) and then waiting outside for the 5k service and riser install to be done. Customers are not allowed inside the dealership at the moment. I have a 2 hour each way ride to the dealer and a 2 hour plus wait whilst there. No coffee shops open and they're a couple of miles from a town centre. Hope it's not raining and I can find somewhere for a pee! 🙂👍 I'm sticking with the dealer for the service because of a discount deal when I bought the bike and I'm still not happy with the transmission (particularly finding neutral). Want them to check that out.

Thanks for your replies.

Old 12-10-2020 | 11:34 AM
Mart
|
Road Master

Had the 4.5" 'pullback risers' put on today. 90 mile ride home. Can't tell any difference really. That's a disappointment. Need more pull back. When you compare the stock clamp with the risers, there's a noticeable increase in height and about an inch of pull back. Just not enough to be a noticeable improvement.

It all fits with existing cables and brake line, plenty of slack at full lock.

Old 12-11-2020 | 05:08 AM
Phil13
Road Master

You'll have to put it down to 200 odd quids worth of experience .

Old 12-11-2020 | 05:48 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mart
Had the 4.5" 'pullback risers' put on today. 90 mile ride home. Can't tell any difference really. That's a disappointment. Need more pull back. When you compare the stock clamp with the risers, there's a noticeable increase in height and about an inch of pull back. Just not enough to be a noticeable improvement.

It all fits with existing cables and brake line, plenty of slack at full lock.
I have simply unbolted the top handlebar clamp and sit on the bike holding the handlebars with my eyes closed in a comfortable position to determine what risers I need or if tilting the bars back a bit will help.
I notice on my bike with 4.5" pullback risers AND adjusting the bar tilt back a bit I wasen't exactly where I thought I wanted to sit but after riding like that for 3,500 miles it seems like home now and I stopped thinking () about it. If it was still bothersome to me, I would have been looking at different handlebars too. Either way the pullback risers were a move in the right direction for me.

Old 12-11-2020 | 06:17 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by OldMike
I have simply unbolted the top handlebar clamp and sit on the bike holding the handlebars with my eyes closed in a comfortable position to determine what risers I need or if tilting the bars back a bit will help.
I notice on my bike with 4.5" pullback risers AND adjusting the bar tilt back a bit I wasen't exactly where I thought I wanted to sit but after riding like that for 3,500 miles it seems like home now and I stopped thinking () about it. If it was still bothersome to me, I would have been looking at different handlebars too. Either way the pullback risers were a move in the right direction for me.
you mean 5.5 pull back risers.

Quick Reply: 2020 FLSL Pullback Risers