2018+ Softail Models Breakout

FXBB speedo

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 06:54 AM
Riotfunk
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts
Default FXBB speedo

Anyone know if there’s different speedo combo vs the oem tiny digital one. Or a way to make it brighter or change the color. I’d rather an analog tach and digital display like you can get for the 48/and fat boy I believe. Hard af to see in the sun even with front fairing and bar bag blocking light from the front. And tinted visor on my helmet. I’m looking for plug and play like in other models so I don’t lose the minimal functions this has.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:58 PM
Moose328
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Riotfunk
Anyone know if there’s different speedo combo vs the oem tiny digital one. Or a way to make it brighter or change the color. I’d rather an analog tach and digital display like you can get for the 48/and fat boy I believe. Hard af to see in the sun even with front fairing and bar bag blocking light from the front. And tinted visor on my helmet. I’m looking for plug and play like in other models so I don’t lose the minimal functions this has.
So there IS a way to do a dual gauge setup on the new FXBB. I recently did this with my FLSB, I'm running gauges from an FXLR on my bars now inside some gauge pods from Speed-Kings Cycle. You can get the gauge pod bracket kit here and order a set of gauges from an FXLR from Harley (if you do this, you'll need front and rear gaskets. PN's are 2 of 67121-95A, 1 of 70900729, 2 of 67104-95, and 1 of 70900697). You also need a speedometer cable from Guerrilla Cables for an FXLR if using FXLR gauges (included in the Speed-Kings cycle link I posted). If you're not changing your bars, just get a standard top clamp from Bung King and mount the gauge pod bracket to the top clamp.

Or, if you want a single gauge set up, Guerrilla Cables lays out everything you'd need here. If you have any questions just call them, they're super helpful on the phone.

Good luck! Changing from a tank mounted set up on my FLSB to a bar mounted setup is probably the most favorite thing I've done.

Last edited by Moose328; 07-20-2020 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:26 PM
Ralibur
Advanced
Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with "Changing from a tank mounted set up on my FLSB to a bar mounted setup is probably the most favorite thing I've done"
I did the same to my Sport Glide and its great to see the instruments pretty much straight on.

Old 11-04-2020, 06:34 AM
RoxSy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Moose328
So there IS a way to do a dual gauge setup on the new FXBB. I recently did this with my FLSB, I'm running gauges from an FXLR on my bars now inside some gauge pods from Speed-Kings Cycle. You can get the gauge pod bracket kit here and order a set of gauges from an FXLR from Harley (if you do this, you'll need front and rear gaskets. PN's are 2 of 67121-95A, 1 of 70900729, 2 of 67104-95, and 1 of 70900697). You also need a speedometer cable from Guerrilla Cables for an FXLR if using FXLR gauges (included in the Speed-Kings cycle link I posted). If you're not changing your bars, just get a standard top clamp from Bung King and mount the gauge pod bracket to the top clamp.

Or, if you want a single gauge set up, Guerrilla Cables lays out everything you'd need here. If you have any questions just call them, they're super helpful on the phone.

Good luck! Changing from a tank mounted set up on my FLSB to a bar mounted setup is probably the most favorite thing I've done.
Hi Sir !
Thank you for those informations.
I have In Heritage Classic and would like to do the same mod as you did, i.e. putting my gauges to the handlebar clamp without changing it.

You say you went from a FLSB to dual FXLR gauges.
Why didn't you keep the stock FLSB Speedo ?

Problems with diameters and functions ?

Thx !

Simon