Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 06:24 PM
listentothenighttrain
Cruiser
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Viking makes some good Swingarm bags.

https://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycl...g-arm-bags.htm
Holy smokes man, thank you!!! I have looked all over for a completely black swingarm bag and everything always has silver buckles except for an ugly Willie & Max bag.. Their Dark Age bag is super nice and like $133 shipped!

EDIT: Link for those who are curious:
https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-da...harley-softail

COUPON CODE "ALLISON22" for 22% off!

Last edited by listentothenighttrain; 06-04-2020 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:04 PM
floppysocks
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the HD one as well. When I looked at how much it'd cost for an aftermarket one, it was about the same amount as the HD one, which is bigger than most aftermarket and you know it's going to fit perfectly.

Add in that most dealerships have sales (got mine 20% off) and it seems like a no brainer.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:40 AM
Tomo 87
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by listentothenighttrain
Holy smokes man, thank you!!! I have looked all over for a completely black swingarm bag and everything always has silver buckles except for an ugly Willie & Max bag.. Their Dark Age bag is super nice and like $133 shipped!

EDIT: Link for those who are curious:
https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-da...harley-softail

COUPON CODE "ALLISON22" for 22% off!
I liked the dark age bag too, but it only fits the older softails (-2017). I’ve ended up buying the large Viking swing-arm bag with twin chrome strips. I’ll post some pics and first impressions when it arrives.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:01 PM
listentothenighttrain
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tomo 87
I liked the dark age bag too, but it only fits the older softails (-2017). I’ve ended up buying the large Viking swing-arm bag with twin chrome strips. I’ll post some pics and first impressions when it arrives.
The page says 2017 and older, but any idea why that is? I can't imagine it wouldn't be able to go onto the new frame..

Old 06-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Tomo 87
Cruiser

Originally Posted by listentothenighttrain
The page says 2017 and older, but any idea why that is? I can't imagine it wouldn't be able to go onto the new frame..
the new M8s have a different swing arm. You could possibly make it fit if you are willing to cut into the bag to create new mount points... the angle of the swing arm is actually quite a bit different in the new frame.

the image below shows the new frame and the blue line is the old frame comparison.

Last edited by Tomo 87; 06-05-2020 at 01:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
slim.dusty107 (05-03-2022)
Old 06-05-2020, 01:57 PM
listentothenighttrain
Cruiser

the new M8s have a different swing arm. You could possibly make it fit if you are willing to cut into the bag to create new mount points... the angle of the swing arm is actually quite a bit different in the new frame.

the image below shows the new frame and the blue line is the old frame comparison.
Ohh I see. No wonder the 2017 earlier bikes all look like lowered M8s.. I see the angle difference on the lower side of the triangle now. Hmm. Wonder if I could cut out new lower strap mounting holes? i don't see why not.. I might just try to do that. I can't find a swingarm bag that looks anywhere close to as good as this, regardless of the price.

Last edited by listentothenighttrain; 06-05-2020 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:39 AM
listentothenighttrain
Cruiser

Got my Viking swingarm bag last night and installed it. It fit 100% perfectly on my 2020. With the spacing for the straps, I feel like it would fit an M8 Softail better than a 2017-. Like, the straps were EXACTLY where the swingarm bars were. Very strange Viking says it only fits up to 2017 bikes. Will post pics later. Looks great though, and very solid.

The following 2 users liked this post by listentothenighttrain:
Kiwimoto (02-27-2022), Tomo 87 (06-13-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 10:39 AM
Tomo 87
Cruiser

Get some pics up! Still waiting on mine. In the uk we have to use motorcycle house... not sure I can get the dark age version here. Also, for some reason we don’t get the Viking bag logo either. All the Viking g branded stuff is supplied “blank”

Old 06-13-2020, 11:14 AM
listentothenighttrain
Cruiser

Get some pics up! Still waiting on mine. In the uk we have to use motorcycle house... not sure I can get the dark age version here. Also, for some reason we don’t get the Viking bag logo either. All the Viking g branded stuff is supplied “blank”
Strange it doesn't have badging. It's a pretty nice emblem, but you aren't missing much without it. Dark Age is nice, it's their series of completely black bags, no chrome buckles or anything. I love it. Seems like every bag even if black have silver buckles, there's only a couple all black ones but they are ugly. HD makes one, and I think La Rosa. The Viking is super nice though in my opinion. Very rigid, with firm plastic sheets lining the interior.

Old 06-13-2020, 11:14 AM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 442 Likes on 321 Posts

I have the large (5") version of Fox Creek Leathers. Holds a lot more than most. And their quality is top notch. Pricey though.

https://www.foxcreekleather.com/leather-swing-arm-bag/

Last edited by iHodor; 06-13-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Swing arm bags. What have you got?