2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Days of Thunder Barn

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2020 | 09:55 AM
Black-&-Blue Annie
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MouseGB
Greetings from the UK. Love your shots, like doing those backdrop shots myself, especially the style you’ve done here, pristine bike with urban/rural decay in the back. Lovely bike too. Lockdown has slowed everything up here but planning a ride out to the American Werewolf Yorkshire village. Going to get a shot outside the Slaughtered Lamb pub, which is actually someone’s house.
Thanks! Mooresville NC is officially known as "Race City USA" and is the heart of Winston Cup NASCAR. Many of the top teams, owners and drivers live around here. A lot of speed shops and a lot of REALLY nice cars, trucks and bikes to be found here. Saddest thing about the "urban/rural decay" in my photos, in the case of the Days of Thunder Barn it's more like vandalism and thievery. That barn was all whole when they made the movie. It was after the movie was out a while people started coming at night and pulling wood off it, a little bit like a board here, a couple boards there, a few boards at a time. My understanding the property owner was actually planning to demolish the barn but there was such an outcry to not remove the popular landmark here, that in the end they were paid to keep the barn standing. Now it gets watched a lot better to keep it from getting pillaged further.
I remember the American Werewolf movies. The first was the best, IMHO. That will be cool to have a few pic's with the pub/house in the back behind your scoot. Cheers!