2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Heritage Mod/Accessory Mini-Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 10:38 AM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

I so appreciate your reply, I put the part #s 50500634 / 35 into Harley and no floorboards show. Are these Deluxe Boards from a 2019 ?

Old 07-31-2020, 10:58 AM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team
Received 1,924 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Originally Posted by Morish
I so appreciate your reply, I put the part #s 50500634 / 35 into Harley and no floorboards show. Are these Deluxe Boards from a 2019 ?
These are standard parts, not accessories, as such they are not on the H-D store.
They show at http://www.surdyke.com/Search.aspx:

Last edited by Hulkss; 07-31-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:40 AM
Morish
Road Captain

Got it, thanks for all of your help.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:33 PM
Morish
Road Captain

I just want to thank you for posting the links to Mods & Accessories.
i purchased a new Heritage 114 and order from the sites you posted.
Hopefully my bike will be ready this weekend after the dealer installs the extras I ordered.
Thanks again.
S

Old 09-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Jack the Lad
Enjoy the grip while they last, it will be interesting how many miles you get out of them.
Speaking of the Pirelli MT60 RS tires I reviewed earlier. I really liked their performance for the kind of roads and riding I do most, however, the rear tire tread is gone after 2000 miles.

Also:
Morish, enjoy your new bike! Good to see this thread is helping out you and others.

The following users liked this post:
Morish (09-01-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 09:50 AM
RENARELLO
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Hulkss
I wore my new H50 Bridgestone tires down to the wear bars in 4300 miles, both front and rear. That's about typical for me on the country roads around here. Lots of accelerating, braking, curves, and rough surfaces to use up the tires.

I have to deal with sand and gravel sprinkled on the asphalt, often in intersections and on curves. Mostly due to intersecting dirt roads and farm entrances, or where the winter road sand is still around. Street tires work poorly on these mixed surfaces as a little sand and gravel act like tiny ball bearings between the tires and the road.

I found a new tire from Pirelli that fits the Heritage, the MT60 RS (not the older MT60). This is the OEM tire on the new Ducati Scrambler and the 2020 Polaris Scout Bobber. In the Heritage size they are bias ply, not radials.

Wow! These are the best tires I have had on the bike by far. All those tread block edges cut through the sprinkling of sand and gravel on the road surface and grip the asphalt. The nice rounded shape provides a great feel to the bikes handling. Ride comfort is good too. These tires are stock sizes, however, they are a bit bigger due to the deep wrap-around tread. I am using 3.5" wide wheels and the front tire is as big as will fit the fender safely. The rear has about 3/8" at the top sides. The rear side clearance is needed to accommodate deflection under side loads from bumps in corners. Up front, the tire and fender move together. The tires are great on normal clean paved roads. They don't make any objectionable noise and they grip the road securely wet or dry. I don't know about tread life yet as they are too new.

Here's a comparison to my worn tires and some pics of how they look on the bike. I do drag the foot boards on occasion, however, in my case braking and accelerating cause most of the tire wear.

I don't think Hulkss likes Indian.

Last edited by RENARELLO; 09-02-2020 at 09:51 AM. Reason: bad face
Old 09-02-2020, 10:01 AM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by RENARELLO
I don't think Hulkss likes Indian.
Well.....I have decided not to buy the MT60 RS "Indian" tires again. I would need new ones every month and they are not cheap.

The following 2 users liked this post by Hulkss:
RENARELLO (09-02-2020), Since 1968 (09-02-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Morish
Road Captain

I live in NC. My buddy and I ride lots of back country and mountain roads. I hate the gravel and sand corners and when you previously posted how well the handle the gravel and sand in the roads, I was very excited on their performance. Can’t believe you only got two thousand miles on the rear. They must be a very soft Compound rubber tire to achieve their handling .
Thank again for your post, I enjoy them all.
S

Old 09-02-2020, 04:52 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Morish
They must be a very soft Compound rubber tire to achieve their handling.
Yes, per Pirelli about the MT60 RS tire: "Special Superbike racing compound capable of maximizing grip and road holding for a pleasant riding sensation."

Old 09-24-2020, 12:08 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team

I've put new tires on the bike again. I twist the throttle a lot running through the gears on back roads. The Bridgestone H50 lasted 4000 miles, the Pirelli MT 60 RS lasted me 2000 miles.

This time I'm riding on the Pirelli MT 66 Route. I've always used a load rating 77 (908 lbs) reinforced rear tire in the past. The MT 66 rear is a non-reinforced tire, load rated 71 (761 lbs). This is fine for me as I ride solo all the time.

The tires are made in Brazil at a Pirelli/Metzeler factory. These are very affordable tires at $168 for the pair at Dennis Kirk. I change and balance my own tires which also saves a lot of expense.

On the road, I immediately noticed an improvement in ride comfort. The non-reinforced rear tire filters out road vibration from small irregularities much better than reinforced tires with stiff sidewalls. These tires have a nice rounded profile and handle great. There are a lot of deep tread grooves to help grip through debris or water on the road surface. The road grip feels very secure.

Quick Reply: Heritage Mod/Accessory Mini-Reviews