2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Solo comfortable seat? Sports glide.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 09:22 AM
tanerck
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Solo comfortable seat? Sports glide.

The original sports glide seat is rather comfy. However I like the look of solo seat hence without much research, I got the HD solo bevel seat.

Its a very nice looking seat but for a butter *** like mine, it gets quite uncomfortable rather fast.

Ended up, I went with a mustang solo touring seat with a Backrest(removable) option. IMHO, the Backrest looked a little bit weird when it's on a solo seat. But well, I think for long distance touring, my back might thank me for having a Backrest. I was not sure if the wide seat will make it look weird and there aren't that many references on how it will look like on a sports glide. Saw some YouTube clips for other makes and I felt it was rather big for the softail.

Took the chance and ordered it anyway. Got it installed just now and it was OK. Seat is not overwhelmingly big to a point it becomes a highlight ​​​​​​.

Just sharing some photos just incase if anyone of you are thinking of getting it.

I hope this seat will be comfortable enough for long hours on the bike.
​​​​

​​​
​​​​​

​​​​​

Last edited by tanerck; 02-18-2020 at 09:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Agoober (02-20-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 09:37 AM
jtodd
Tourer
Received 178 Likes on 147 Posts

I find my Corbin Solo seat to be extremely comfortable. I actually do use it with the backrest on more often than not. It is just way more supportive of my crappy lower back, even though it looks slightly less "bad ***". My rides are not generally shorter than 90 minutes and usually at least 2 hours. The seat, with or without the backrest, is very comfortable though. I have also since added the Gustafson 15" windshield and have not done a long ride without the backrest. Not sure if less wind on my torso would make the lower back ache less after a long ride with minimal support? Hmmm... anyway. Love the seat. 100% would buy again.

The following users liked this post:
tanerck (02-18-2020)