2018+ Softail Models Breakout

30th Anniversary Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 03:09 PM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
The temptation for one of these is strong, but the amount of stuff I'd have to "Fix" on it would put too much on the price tag for an already pricey bike.
I'd have to grab a set of satin chrome heat shields, street canons, chrome intake, Satin chrome rocker box covers, and chrome pushrod tubes.
Not sure why they went nearly full blacked out when the bike in Termintor 2 wasn't.
Isn’t that just what a Vivid Black 2020 Fatboy has -fill yer boots...😂

Old 02-19-2020, 09:25 PM
jimsuver
Supporter
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomo 87
I disagree... it takes a while to get used to, but handling is fine once you learn how to ride the bike... everyone that says the handling is poor has barley test driven one. give it a few hundred miles and it feels like second nature and fun to flip around.
Very true it took about 800 miles on mine. Then it was great!

The following users liked this post:
Sideburn (02-19-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 11:29 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 15,656 Likes on 6,672 Posts

I went to the dealer today. They had a 30th Anniversary Fat Boy. It looks a lot better in person than it does online.

I have to say I like it a lot. What is funny I hate the way the regular 2018+ Fat Boy looks

My head is still swimming after being shot up with an excessive amount of pain killers at the dentist yesterday, so I was in no condition to test ride it or even sit on it.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:57 AM
Tomo 87
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
I went to the dealer today. They had a 30th Anniversary Fat Boy. It looks a lot better in person than it does online.

I have to say I like it a lot. What is funny I hate the way the regular 2018+ Fat Boy looks

My head is still swimming after being shot up with an excessive amount of pain killers at the dentist yesterday, so I was in no condition to test ride it or even sit on it.
i don’t get why? It’s basically a vivid black fatboy with blacked out trim. I get not liking the chrome on the original flfb, but other than that, what’s changed?

Old 02-28-2020, 12:20 PM
Harleylife1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 628 Likes on 512 Posts
Default wow

damn that's nice right there. Dang I want one.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:24 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 15,656 Likes on 6,672 Posts

i don’t get why? It’s basically a vivid black fatboy with blacked out trim. I get not liking the chrome on the original flfb, but other than that, what’s changed?
The ugly headlight nacelle isn’t as noticeable.

The cartoonish looking wheels aren’t as noticeable due to them being black.

The bronze highlights here and there offset the black nicely.

There is a more unified look to the 30th anniversary edition than the same model year of the regular one.

I really don’t like the satin finish of the regular fat boy.

The best looking fat boy imho is when they had had the regular chrome with black wrinkle finish engine and chrome wheels with bullet holes.

I also noticed the dealer had a vivid black Street Glide special done up with bronze highlights such as bronze rocker boxes and a few assorted pieces. Different bronze parts than the fat boy but still cool looking.

royston (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 12:37 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot

You sure you weren't in a Yamaha dealer?

Tomo 87 (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 04:25 PM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

May be a degree of envy there

Old 02-28-2020, 11:01 PM
Sanjuro
Road Warrior

Received 1,649 Likes on 763 Posts

I traded my 2020 RKS for the 2020 Fat Boy Anniversary. It’s a great bike. I does handle a bit differently, but I really don’t notice that I need to “muscle” it. It just take a bit more effort to guide it into the corner. By a “bit more effort”, I mean in comparison to a the Softail Slim or RKS (yes, the RKS actually was more maneuverable).

The above being said, I prefer the handling characteristics of the Fat Boy. Mainly because I feel more stable on the bike. True, it is not a bike meant for canyon carving. But outside of aggressive canyon carving, you really can do anything on the Fat Boy.

I put the S&S Slash Cut slip-ons on the bike, and the sound is incredible. Deep and throaty (get your mind out of the gutter with this thought).

For me, it is a stunning looking bike. It captures everything a Harley should be. The Fat Boy is iconic. And the color scheme and style changes make it look like no other Fat Boy.

R,
Sanjuro

Old 02-29-2020, 01:24 AM
Tomo 87
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by royston
May be a degree of envy there
not envy as such... just a genuine curiosity as to what the appeal is over the standard?

I've got a 115th and love her to bits. I also love the standard too. I understand the appeal of black trim over chrome (I’m actually doing this to my bike) but to say “I hate the original” but love the 30th is a little odd to me. It’s just a colour scheme right?

Quick Reply: 30th Anniversary Fatboy