2018+ Softail Models Breakout

30th Anniversary Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 12:36 AM
Fallenares
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by listentothenighttrain
Agreed. I love mine. I picked up a heel shifter kit today, along with some turn signal extension caps and black seat ***** to get rid of the factory matte aluminum ones. Got some Harley mustache engine guards with some Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs on, hoo boy it's comfy on the highway. Still waiting for my bar and exhaust jobs, cause they are gonna be big. I plan on doing the Stage II S&S 475G cam at the same time as the Mini Grenades exhaust. Then Harley Fused bars.

You do the bars yourself?
yes, the only thing is that I had the dealer bleed the front brakes. Other than that pretty easy. What size fused bars were you going to get?

Old 05-07-2020, 12:41 AM
listentothenighttrain
Cruiser
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Fallenares
yes, the only thing is that I had the dealer bleed the front brakes. Other than that pretty easy. What size fused bars were you going to get?
Why bleed the brakes? You only had to replace the top brake line, right? But I'm getting the tall Fused bars, not the Lo. I think they are a 14 or a 16. I like the Fat Chizeled bars slightly more, but they taper down to a 1" grip at the risers for some odd reason. I want the 1 1/4 riser, looks nicer imo.

Old 05-07-2020, 01:49 AM
Fallenares
Tourer

Why bleed the brakes? You only had to replace the top brake line, right? But I'm getting the tall Fused bars, not the Lo. I think they are a 14 or a 16. I like the Fat Chizeled bars slightly more, but they taper down to a 1" grip at the risers for some odd reason. I want the 1 1/4 riser, looks nicer imo.
Murphy’s law and I figured it’s cheap insurance, if they do the brake line they can’t say I didn’t bleed it correctly if something happened or if the brake fluid got on the paint and it bubbles, they did it, not me. I like both the chizeled and the fused bars but I agree on the 1 1/4 looking nicer. I had 14 inch Carlini’s on a breakout and 10 inch factory 47 on my road glide. Just feel better for me at 10 inches, and I’m 6ft tall.

Old 05-07-2020, 01:56 AM
listentothenighttrain
Cruiser
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Fallenares
Murphy’s law and I figured it’s cheap insurance, if they do the brake line they can’t say I didn’t bleed it correctly if something happened or if the brake fluid got on the paint and it bubbles, they did it, not me. I like both the chizeled and the fused bars but I agree on the 1 1/4 looking nicer. I had 14 inch Carlini’s on a breakout and 10 inch factory 47 on my road glide. Just feel better for me at 10 inches, and I’m 6ft tall.
So did you get everything fully assembled, and just topped off the brake fluid, then rode it over for the bleed?

My original plan was to get the Chizeled but then I realized I'd need new risers. The Fused have grown on me a lot though, I like the angle right before the grips. Little less common than the sharp type. I like a 14 to 16" bar, but I am 6'6. I read the Fused are closer to a 13" though but that's still plenty. I like my hands to be juuust above my shoulders.

Old 05-07-2020, 02:15 PM
Fallenares
Tourer

So did you get everything fully assembled, and just topped off the brake fluid, then rode it over for the bleed?

My original plan was to get the Chizeled but then I realized I'd need new risers. The Fused have grown on me a lot though, I like the angle right before the grips. Little less common than the sharp type. I like a 14 to 16" bar, but I am 6'6. I read the Fused are closer to a 13" though but that's still plenty. I like my hands to be juuust above my shoulders.
I assembled everything and left the master in a soft bag attached to the bike. Because of the dealership cov-19 protocols they picked it up and did the brake line. I almost went with the fused bars, but I did like the Yaffes and they reminded me of my Factory47 so I went with those. Helped that I had a revzilla credit from some other stuff I returned to help absorb the cost of them.

Old 05-17-2020, 04:28 AM
cembandit
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My OTD was great. For bars I went with 1.5 diameter as the bike has a big front end.