2018+ Softail Models Breakout

30th Anniversary Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 05:07 PM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Just picked up the Anniversary model. My first Fatboy, and was waiting for a blacked out version to come along...anniversary was just a bonus. Have not had the chance to ride it yet, but do want to change the bars and add a side bag. HD sells one, but looks a tad small and don't like the latches. Does anyone know of other vendors that make sidebags for our bikes? Here she is in her stock glory.

The following 2 users liked this post by steveg56:
6113_ (03-29-2020), royston (03-30-2020)
Old 03-30-2020, 08:01 AM
cembandit
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

leatherworks makes a nice 5 inch wide bag that can fit a lot for a swing arm bag.

Attached Thumbnails 30th Anniversary Fatboy-5ce6638d-dc78-4e4c-9417-b92554492606.jpeg  

Last edited by cembandit; 03-30-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:17 PM
crawrj
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a nice looking ride. For me the looks are what really caught my eye. I love the dark color schemes. And for that there are not a lot of options, outside of redoing everything yourself. Of all the options this was my favorite choice. I wasn't even looking to purchase a bike. Just saw it in an ad. Called my dealership to see if they had one so I could see it in person, because it looked great to me. When I got there it already had pipes, a tuner and a dyno done on it. It just blew me away from the start. This is it on my way home from the dealer .

The following 2 users liked this post by crawrj:
Hulkss (05-05-2020), Stormin70 (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 08:31 PM
harlot
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

if anyone is going to change out the floorboard, I am interested in the take off

Old 05-05-2020, 09:18 PM
shaggieshapiro
Road Master
Received 669 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by jazzkat
Another black bike, it doesn't stand out to me and I like black bikes!
In my opinion it would have made sense to do a silver version with the yellow accents just like the original, but what do I know.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:39 AM
listentothenighttrain
Cruiser
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I

Picked up my Fat Boy 30th Anv a couple weeks ago! Haven't done much to it yet but threw on some black mustache guards and Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs I scored cheap on Craigslist, and tomorrow I'm getting a heel shifter, black seat nuts, and the much needed turn signal extensions. Planning on doing V&H Mini Grenades w/ Power Vision tune, S&S 475 cam with gear drive upgrade, and Harley 14" Fused ape handlebars.

I absolutely love this bike. It's my second Harley, I used to have a 2007 Night Train. I'm a simple man, I like completely murdered-out over a beautiful paint job. I despise chrome. When I saw this bike a couple months ago I fell in love and every passing day without it was full of heartache lol. Was able to capitalize off this whole pandemic thing and got a pretty good deal (I think) 21.5k out-the-door.

Glad to be back on 2 wheels after close to 3 years in a cage.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:15 AM
steveg56
Road Captain

Nice...I’m in the Bay Area. What dealer hooked you up on that price OTD? Seems like a great deal.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:18 AM
steveg56
Road Captain

Originally Posted by crawrj
That is a nice looking ride. For me the looks are what really caught my eye. I love the dark color schemes. And for that there are not a lot of options, outside of redoing everything yourself. Of all the options this was my favorite choice. I wasn't even looking to purchase a bike. Just saw it in an ad. Called my dealership to see if they had one so I could see it in person, because it looked great to me. When I got there it already had pipes, a tuner and a dyno done on it. It just blew me away from the start. This is it on my way home from the dealer .

Damn, how does that pipe sound? Do you know what tuner was used?

Old 05-06-2020, 01:22 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,897 Likes on 1,567 Posts

Originally Posted by steveg56
Damn, how does that pipe sound? Do you know what tuner was used?
That's a vance and hines pro pipe.
Here's a few sound clips

Old 05-06-2020, 01:30 AM
listentothenighttrain
Cruiser
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by steveg56
Nice...I’m in the Bay Area. What dealer hooked you up on that price OTD? Seems like a great deal.
I live​ out towards Sac! I put a LOT of work into getting the deal I got.. Close to 2 weeks of having different dealers one-up the new lowest offer. Some salesman were getting angry with my antics lol. But every time one offered me a better deal, I took that deal to 4 or 5 others. They asked me not to share the price I got lol, but Rocklin Harley was where I bought it. They beat out Walnut Creek McGuire HD's "absolute best price" of 21,750 by matching it and then throwing in a $250 gift card (technically I paid 21,750, and got a 250 gift card). Rick at Rocklin is the man though. Great guy, hard working salesman. Always available to answer questions.

However, the pushy warranty-selling guy was getting very irritated I wouldn't buy any of his add-ons like the $900 clear coat.. But it was a good experience at Rocklin. Very nice dealership. Not run-down and trying to charge more than MSRP like HD of Sacramento. They were a joke. "With limited edition bikes like these, we don't really focus on MSRP; we go by DSRP, or Dealer Suggested Retail Price. We expect this bike to sell for at least $25,000 plus taxes and fees" I laughed so hard right there on the phone and told them I already had 2 offers for 22k out the door. The woman got very agitated and kept saying "they are literally losing money by doing that and that's just not a good business model. We are the oldest dealer around here and we have blah blah blah" as if that meant ****.

Quick Reply: 30th Anniversary Fatboy