2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Hammock seat for Heritage any good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 03:21 PM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 869 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Hammock seat for Heritage any good?

I keep looking and wondering about HD Hammock seat. Unfortunately all info I am finding out is about touring bikes. Any possibility someone already asked this question already?

Any one has one and can share some details about comfort, seating position, quality, etc?

I am big fan of Corbin but real leather is not good during rain and I always worried about water sitting on these seats and they cost arm and leg and scratched my fender underneath but I have to say comfort was amazing.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:02 PM
firehouse18
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Hammock on my 2020 Heritage Classic. I only have about 1600 miles on it. Comfort is A1, seating position is slightly higher (maybe an inch) and ever so slightly forward ( maybe 1/2 inch). I had one on my 2016 street glide for about 39,000 miles. The most comfortable seat I've had.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:15 PM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks for sharing your opinion, hope to see more opinions from other riders. While I was never big fan of OEM seats this might be first time I will consider one as this is financially good option comparing to after market quality products. Being big company has its advantages as you can manufacture at cheaper cost due to mass production and this might be a case here. Really like option of demo seat as otherwise it is expensive trial and error endeavor.

Any chance you can post some pix of your bike with this seat? Unfortunately catalog foto only show part of the bike not whole one.

Last edited by Burbur2; 12-31-2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:45 AM
Since 1968
Road Master
Received 458 Likes on 304 Posts

I haven't done more than about 300 miles in a day but it appears I'm lucky enough to find the stock seat comfortable (maybe won't be saying that when I take a longer ride). However, I have not been pleased at all with the passenger seat comfort. I looked into the Hammock seat and found that unlike the dressers, the hammock for the Heritage only provides suspension for the rider, not the passenger. I'm presently trying a Sundowner rear pillion and a wider backrest (meant for a Freewheeler, bolts right on even though the parts manual doesn't show availability). I need a longer ride two-up before I start the search again.
Sort of sideways to your topic but I thought I'd share that the Hammock won't help your passenger if that's your interest.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:54 AM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member

I am also considering Sundowner two up seat as option and hope to hear more about this seat as well from current owners.

I think this Sundowner has 10” wide passenger width so not sure if this is sufficient as my skinny girl got used to 12” Corbin before.

BTW Would like to improve comfort for both parties.

As far as backrest I have tourpack as backrest and I was wondering if it is possible to install new wider backrest of factory tourpack as I have nice Mustang backrest from 2014 Slim lying around.

Old 01-04-2020, 10:25 AM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member

Now I try to consider other options of seats but looks like there is not much aftermarket selection out there.

If possible I would like to see some pix of what you got on your Heritage with details of the seat and quick comment about it.

If not HD Hammock I might consider Corbin or Mustang options. I wasn’t impressed with Mustang on my old Slim but might give them a shot again, Corbin on the other side was great but I am afraid it will move me too much to the back but I would like to rather stay in same stock place or maybe even slightly to the front.

Feel free to comment and post some pix

Old 01-06-2020, 01:08 PM
fdh161
Supporter
Received 194 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
I am also considering Sundowner two up seat as option and hope to hear more about this seat as well from current owners.

I think this Sundowner has 10” wide passenger width so not sure if this is sufficient as my skinny girl got used to 12” Corbin before.
I borrowed the loaner seat Hammock and Sundowner Two Up from my dealer for a day. Not impressed at all with the Sundowner. I felt is was way too stiff, which was disappointing since I'd had the Sundowner on an LR and loved it.The Hammock was comfortable, but the nose is quite a bit wider, which for someone my height (5'8") is not optimal. Ended up getting the Sundowner Solo and matching passenger pillion, and am VERY happy with the choice. In addition to being more comfortable than the Two Up, the Solo has a slightly narrower nose. Check with your dealer. They should have several seats you can try if you don't mind riding around with a seat that has "demo" printed all over it.

Old 01-06-2020, 06:38 PM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by fdh161
I borrowed the loaner seat Hammock and Sundowner Two Up from my dealer for a day. Not impressed at all with the Sundowner. I felt is was way too stiff, which was disappointing since I'd had the Sundowner on an LR and loved it.The Hammock was comfortable, but the nose is quite a bit wider, which for someone my height (5'8") is not optimal. Ended up getting the Sundowner Solo and matching passenger pillion, and am VERY happy with the choice. In addition to being more comfortable than the Two Up, the Solo has a slightly narrower nose. Check with your dealer. They should have several seats you can try if you don't mind riding around with a seat that has "demo" printed all over it.
I got fair deal on Hammock seat so I pulled the trigger so hope this will work for me. Beside this wide front did you like the comfort of Hammock when you tried? I really hope this will be my seat to stay as I passed Sundowner to get this one but so far I didnt find one negative review on Hammock as far as comfort. Worst case I can always sell it for same price or something. Took me 4 seats on my 2014 Slim before my *** felt ok. I ended up with Corbin but cant find seat from Corbin that I want yet as this is still fairly new model so I might wait a while as I dont plan to spend 1000$ on freaking seat but I have to say it was damn comfortable Corbin touring seat - no doubt.

Last edited by Burbur2; 01-06-2020 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:44 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,891 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
I got fair deal on Hammock seat so I pulled the trigger so hope this will work for me. Beside this wide front did you like the comfort of Hammock when you tried? I really hope this will be my seat to stay as I passed Sundowner to get this one but so far I didnt find one negative review on Hammock as far as comfort. Worst case I can always sell it for same price or something. Took me 4 seats on my 2014 Slim before my *** felt ok. I ended up with Corbin but cant find seat from Corbin that I want yet as this is still fairly new model so I might wait a while as I dont plan to spend 1000$ on freaking seat but I have to say it was damn comfortable Corbin touring seat - no doubt.
Check out Saddlemen. Their 2 up seats for Softails are 450$ Range.
I'm looking at the RS and tuck and roll Step-up. 436$ and 460$ respectively.
Pretty much everyone I know with a Harley, thus far who has gotten a Saddlemen seat loves it.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:29 PM
firehouse18
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I stated earlier that the Hammock seat is the most comfortable I have ever ridden . Just came back from a short trip (6o miles) today after having the stock seat on for the past few hundred miles..I reconfirm the Hammock is the most comf,ortable.

The following users liked this post:
Burbur2 (01-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Hammock seat for Heritage any good?