2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Hammock seat for Heritage any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 12:34 PM
fdh161
Supporter
Received 194 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
I got fair deal on Hammock seat so I pulled the trigger so hope this will work for me. Beside this wide front did you like the comfort of Hammock when you tried? I really hope this will be my seat to stay as I passed Sundowner to get this one but so far I didnt find one negative review on Hammock as far as comfort. Worst case I can always sell it for same price or something. Took me 4 seats on my 2014 Slim before my *** felt ok. I ended up with Corbin but cant find seat from Corbin that I want yet as this is still fairly new model so I might wait a while as I dont plan to spend 1000$ on freaking seat but I have to say it was damn comfortable Corbin touring seat - no doubt.
The Hammock was very comfortable other than the width of the nose.

Old 01-18-2020, 02:29 AM
Rendezvous
Cruiser
Received 215 Likes on 81 Posts

Did about 3 hours ride today. It is very comfortable but moves you up an inch and also an inch forward. The backrest is a must for total comfort. Also installed Kuryakyn floorboards width extender. They help negate the wider nose impact on tighs of the Hammock. Both the back rest and the Kuryakyn 7508 are worthy additions to the Hammock.

Last edited by Rendezvous; 01-18-2020 at 03:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mart (05-07-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 09:05 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,923 Likes on 1,257 Posts

The Hammock looks great on the Heritage. I had one on my 2014 Street Glide so I know how comfortable they are.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:11 AM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member
Received 870 Likes on 519 Posts

Yes I just installed mine and lucky enough seller throw extra backrest. Seat seems comfortable sitting in garage 🤓 I like backrest but I will be replacing bolts on it as tilt adjuster bolt sits directly on passenger seat as it is a bit too long and bulky. I plan to install button head screws for lower profile as I decide not to install grab belt (couldn't figure this installation part and I didnt like the look). I noticed end adjustment screws tread is purposely pinched so they wont come out all the way but nothing v shape file cant do. I hope after this minor update bolt wont seat on passenger seata as I feel after long use it will leave imprint in the rear pillion

Last edited by Burbur2; 01-18-2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:44 AM
firehouse18
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I find that the backrest adjustment **** sits on top of the passenger pillion. No problem yet but I'm keeping an eye out for damage to the pillion. I haven't used the hand strap (with pad) because I change back and forth with stock seat.

Old 01-19-2020, 02:02 PM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member
Received 870 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by firehouse18
I find that the backrest adjustment **** sits on top of the passenger pillion. No problem yet but I'm keeping an eye out for damage to the pillion. I haven't used the hand strap (with pad) because I change back and forth with stock seat.
this is what I just did on mine. Barely touching it I wont be worry about any issues now. I am considering shortening screw even more so it is flash with bracket which should create complete clearance with space between seat and screw. Took 10 min and you will have to file 2 treads on screw as they use punch to prevent it from coming out. Thought about doing it to heigh adjustments screw as well but access is tough so I left it as is.

P.S. i never figured out how to attach this stupid strap and instruction is ****

Last edited by Burbur2; 01-19-2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:31 PM
firehouse18
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good idea, I'll do the same. Love the seat.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:09 PM
Boo13
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put it on my 2018 heritage classic. Love it. Can ride for hours. Add the back rest and it comfortable as hell. Used it on a long trip where we did 1700 miles in 7 days. It does raise you about an inch which was great for me since my legs were a just a little cramped on the stock seat. Just to add some info some folks dont know. I didnt buy it from HDs website. Some dealers didnt sign the contract with HD and arent required to sell it at MSRP Pricing. I found its much cheaper to buy it at one of these dealers and have it shipped then to purchase direct or at most dealers who did sign the contract. Works better with larger ticket items. I bought mine from here https://shop.newcastlehd.com/ find the part number from hd's site and put it in here. i saved about a hundred dollars and that was shipped to my house. takes a little longer to get but savings was worth the wait. savings on smaller ticket items not worth it due to shipping costs.

Old 05-07-2020, 05:12 PM
Mart
Road Master
Received 420 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
this is what I just did on mine. Barely touching it I wont be worry about any issues now. I am considering shortening screw even more so it is flash with bracket which should create complete clearance with space between seat and screw. Took 10 min and you will have to file 2 treads on screw as they use punch to prevent it from coming out. Thought about doing it to heigh adjustments screw as well but access is tough so I left it as is.

P.S. i never figured out how to attach this stupid strap and instruction is ****
Looking at the instructions on the accessory web page (I'm thinking of getting one for touring on my Slim), the strap looks like the same attachment as my previous m8 fatbob. The strap is formed into a loop and a self tapping screw goes through holes in each end of the strap and screws it directly through the fender. I cant remember from the fatbob whether it screws though the solo seat attachment hole, or a separate hole. Because it attaches to the fender and not the seat, this means to put the seat onto the bike, you have to feed it through the strap first. Bit if a pain to get on and off, so I took the strap off my stock fatbob seat.

With a back rest, there should the be a leather piece which threads onto the strap to cover the back rest screw that is interfering with the passenger saddle section. Hope that makes sense.

Old 05-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team
Received 1,918 Likes on 1,014 Posts

I'd buy a Hammock seat if you could separate the passenger seat or they offered a solo version.

Quick Reply: Hammock seat for Heritage any good?