2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Street Bob exhaust recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 04:42 PM
Youragos Bravo
Novice
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2020 Street Bob exhaust recommendations

Hi Im new to the forum, excuse me if I made this post on the wrong topic, anyways Just pick up a new 2020 street bob and thinking on what kind of pipes I want, I ask my dealership about warranty and they say as long as I put a SE pro tuner the warranty is valid.

I want the looks and performance and style of 2 into 1 but I don’t want my neighbors to hate me, so if I need to settle down with a little bit if more noice and do a slip on so be it, what do you have in your bike and how loud is it?

thanks in advance.

Old 10-19-2019, 06:51 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team
Received 1,919 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Originally Posted by Youragos Bravo
I ask my dealership about warranty and they say as long as I put a SE pro tuner the warranty is valid.
Partially true. The bike must be EPA legal which means Cats in the mufflers.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:18 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,536 Likes on 2,144 Posts

Originally Posted by Hulkss
Partially true. The bike must be EPA legal which means Cats in the mufflers.
And it’s entirety up to his dealer to actively screw him by reporting (i.e. ratting him out) to corporate. Many don’t feel obligated to do that. The presence of a non-compliant tune in the ECM when connected to the dealer tech computer is the only thing that will “Automatically” flag a vin.

Now that the warranty BS is out of the way...

The S&S superstreet is an excellent choice if you want performance with moderate sound volume. It’s available both with and without a catalytic converter if you feel obliged. Performance is better without one. Probably the most reasonable loudness in any aftermarket exhaust to date.

The following users liked this post:
Sideburn (10-20-2019)
Old 10-19-2019, 10:32 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team
Received 1,919 Likes on 1,014 Posts

[QUOTE=Mchad;18621196]And it’s entirety up to his dealer to actively screw him by reporting (i.e. ratting him out) to corporate. Many don’t feel obligated to do that. The presence of a non-compliant tune in the ECM when connected to the dealer tech computer is the only thing that will “Automatically” flag a vin.[/QUOTE

True, however, the practice of not being honest with the customer and breaking corporate policies and Federal emissions laws only exposes the dealer, H-D, and the exhaust manufacturer to more fines. Just ask Vance & Hines or H-D who have both lost big time.

Old 10-20-2019, 01:55 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

I also have a FXBB and wen I just bought the bike I tought at a 2in1 but ended up with the V&H big radius instead

Not my latest picture but it gives you a idea.

Old 10-20-2019, 03:48 AM
Youragos Bravo
Novice

Originally Posted by Mchad
And it’s entirety up to his dealer to actively screw him by reporting (i.e. ratting him out) to corporate. Many don’t feel obligated to do that. The presence of a non-compliant tune in the ECM when connected to the dealer tech computer is the only thing that will “Automatically” flag a vin.

Now that the warranty BS is out of the way...

The S&S superstreet is an excellent choice if you want performance with moderate sound volume. It’s available both with and without a catalytic converter if you feel obliged. Performance is better without one. Probably the most reasonable loudness in any aftermarket exhaust to date.
Thank you for your input I was looking on youtube at some S&S grand national, haven’t made my mind yet, checking this Exhaust out,

Old 10-20-2019, 03:50 AM
Youragos Bravo
Novice

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
Welcome to the forum,

I also have a FXBB and wen I just bought the bike I tought at a 2in1 but ended up with the V&H big radius instead

Not my latest picture but it gives you a idea.

Love the tires! And how is it to live with those V&H are they loud? Nice bike!

Old 10-20-2019, 04:58 AM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,008 Likes on 714 Posts

V@H 3 inch slash cuts with TTI's has been the go to around here.

Peace.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:34 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by Youragos Bravo
Love the tires! And how is it to live with those V&H are they loud? Nice bike!
Thanks.

On the rear is a 170 on 4,5" rim.

The big radius is louder then my short shots, at this time I have some kind of TT's in it and that makes it a bit quieter and gives it more torque. I must say that
the big radius is much quieter wen the heat shields are not installed, I think it have something to do with the curve that the heat shield makes, it is closer to the
ground and it reflects the "noise".

Old 10-20-2019, 09:29 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I have a 2019 Slim and I also recommend the S&S Superstreet 2:1 Sounds good when ya get on it, But easy to sneak out of the neighbor hood...And they are 50 state legal and wont mess with your warranty....But ya might as well do the stage one and add the SE breather and Tuner....The combo will make you smile when ya get on it....

Quick Reply: 2020 Street Bob exhaust recommendations