2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Lowrider S - exhaust pipe recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 08:28 AM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 318 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by luckystrikeed
i love the 2 into 1's but it's really all about sound !! i wonder how the trask sounds ?? I'm torn between the tbr and the trask. I really like Fab 28 but its a LOUD exhaust !
I will say this, the DD bobcat isn't loud until you wring it out. When you do, it sits behind me and doesn't sound loud to the rider.

Old 10-18-2019, 05:52 PM
Joweyenb
Intermediate
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you for all the replies! How do we think about Bassani pipes with HD Street Pro tuner? Too loud? Also, some say stage 1 is a waste, no power increase, better bite the butler and do stage 2. Fact or fiction? Too many exhaust options, and since the bike is so new, I haven’t seen anyone around with non stock exhaust locally, to hear sound!

Old 10-18-2019, 07:17 PM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Joweyenb
Thank you for all the replies! How do we think about Bassani pipes with HD Street Pro tuner? Too loud? Also, some say stage 1 is a waste, no power increase, better bite the butler and do stage 2. Fact or fiction? Too many exhaust options, and since the bike is so new, I haven’t seen anyone around with non stock exhaust locally, to hear sound!
You won't get a whole ton of performance increase with a stage 1 but you will end up doing everything for a stage 1 if you go to stage 2 right away anyway so it's really up to you if you want to drop the cash to do it all at once or in increments.

A lot of people are happy with and stop at stage 1 so it may be beneficial to you and your wallet to go stage 1 first then simply add the cam if you feel you still need it after riding it for a while.

I had the Bassani Road Rage 3 and it was a decent pipe. Performed well, sounded and looked nice. Lost low end performance compared to stock but pulled harder in the upper RPMs. Deep rumble and not too loud for the ears but loud enough when getting on it.

The issue I had with this pipe was scraping. That's why I went to the Superstreet. It sits higher and the bike has better performance down low and mid range and seems to pull just as hard in the higher RPM range from what my butt can tell.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Joweyenb
Intermediate
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Picked up the bike from service department with new 2:1 S&S Superstreet full exhaust system / screaming eagle pro tuner, and absolutely love it. Nice and subdued / quiet at idle, but roaring sound when throttling up. Exactly what I wanted. Super happy.

The following 7 users liked this post by Joweyenb:
Bowhunter8607 (11-08-2019), coopmonte (11-08-2019), kgballer2442 (11-08-2019), OldMike (11-08-2019), Sideburn (11-08-2019), tonebone_79 (12-20-2020), yobtaf103 (11-22-2019) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Honer
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowrider S

I did the same thing, traded my 15 limited and couldn't be happier. The bassani road rage III are amazing, sound great and perform better. The stainless gets a light gold tone which goes well with the gold tank lettering and wheels. Also I decided to go with a stage II with HD tuner. And since they had the cam open, I had them switch the cam cover, tappet covers and push rod covers to gloss black. We got 124lb of torque, the bike is an absolute beast.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:43 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,923 Likes on 1,257 Posts

I did a stage I but used components that can easily support a stage II, even a 124" kit.

The following users liked this post:
Honer (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Honer
Stage II

Nice. our analysis is with a stage 4 you pick up a few more horses and torque, not sure if a huge bang for the buck. I can say you'll dig the stage II using a torque cam.
We got 124 at altitude, you may get more.
Good luck

Old 11-21-2019, 02:14 PM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Honer
I did the same thing, traded my 15 limited and couldn't be happier. The bassani road rage III are amazing, sound great and perform better. The stainless gets a light gold tone which goes well with the gold tank lettering and wheels. Also I decided to go with a stage II with HD tuner. And since they had the cam open, I had them switch the cam cover, tappet covers and push rod covers to gloss black. We got 124lb of torque, the bike is an absolute beast.
I agree with everything but the "performs better" part. As far as my butt could tell the Superstreet, with the Db reducer installed, makes the torque come on sooner and pulls hard all the way through to the top of the RPMs where the Bassani had a very noticeable loss of low end torque compared to stock and the Superstreet, but came on strong in the mid and upper range. The Superstreet feels to me like a better all around pipe than the Road Rage.

The biggest thing that made me want to get rid of the Bassani Road Rage was the scraping of the pipe in the corners. It made me almost loose it the first time it scraped in the corners shortly after install. I dealt with with until I found the pipe I wanted and haven't looked back since. The Bassani did sound and look nice but the fact that it scraped was a deal breaker for me.

I was pleasantly surprised when I first rode the bike after switching from the Road Rage to the Superstreet, from both the better performance and sound. I immediately took it to the canyons and tried her out. No scrapes unless you lean it way further than you probably should (managed to lightly scrape this pipe once on accident when a curve turned out to be sharper than I had anticipated) so that combined with the better overall performance made this pipe a keeper for me.

Last edited by Bowhunter8607; 11-21-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:50 PM
BlackandGrey
Stage II

Picked up the bike from service department with new 2:1 S&S Superstreet full exhaust system / screaming eagle pro tuner, and absolutely love it. Nice and subdued / quiet at idle, but roaring sound when throttling up. Exactly what I wanted. Super happy.
Hey Joweyenb! First of all the bike and the pipes look great!!! I just had a quick question for you though if you have the time to answer for me. I currently am looking at these pipes as well for my lowrider S and I can see the pipes do fit and I notice that you have the mid controls with the S&S break pad conversion kit on it. I am looking currently on the S&S website as well as Revzilla.com and these both say that the S&S break pad conversion kit do not fit the bike. I really want to keep my mid controls because they fit me well being 5'7 and do not want to go the forward control route if I don't have to. Plus I live in California and these pipes being compliant as well as sounding great is a plus for me. I was just wondering if the service department had any info for you regarding this fitment or if you had any insight into this issue before I purchase the system for mine? Thanks in advance and ride safe!