2018+ Softail Models Breakout

I wish Harley would have done just one thing to the NEW 2020 Lowrider S

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2019 | 01:47 PM
Iron lHorse
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default I wish Harley would have done just one thing to the NEW 2020 Lowrider S

I saw and sat on the New 2020 LRS . It looks great but I wished they would found a way to put the instrument cluster into the faring so when you are riding the bike you could see your information very clearly without having to look down .
Because of this I have to give the bike four stars ,sorry Harley.

Last edited by Iron lHorse; 09-20-2019 at 01:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Windycityblues (09-20-2019)
Old 09-20-2019 | 01:54 PM
Sideburn
Tourer

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
I saw and sat on the New 2020 LRS . It looks great but I wished they would found a way to put the instrument cluster into the faring so when you are riding the bike you could see your information very clearly without having to look down .
Disagree 100%. Looks so much better to me the way it is and I don’t find it that difficult to see anyway. I hardly look at the speed anyway on my bike. I always ride with traffic with my head up watching cagers. Never had a ticket in my life doing that in my truck or bike.

That said, I respect your opinion and can see your point nonetheless.

You might see some aftermarket stuff show up no doubt. I’m considering embedding a GPS in that spot so the speedo will be even less useful lol.

Old 09-20-2019 | 02:29 PM
Iron lHorse
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sideburn
Disagree 100%. Looks so much better to me the way it is and I don’t find it that difficult to see anyway. I hardly look at the speed anyway on my bike. I always ride with traffic with my head up watching cagers. Never had a ticket in my life doing that in my truck or bike.

That said, I respect your opinion and can see your point nonetheless.

You might see some aftermarket stuff show up no doubt. I’m considering embedding a GPS in that spot so the speedo will be even less useful lol.
That’s also a great idea. And if you get to do it please post some pictures.

Sideburn (09-20-2019)
Old 09-20-2019 | 04:02 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I haven’t looked at a Harley gauge in years. I mount Power Visions to the handlebars of my bikes and have all the info I need, right in my direct view w/o a pair of Mickey Mouse ears on the bar. And for the warranty police, you don’t need to flash or even marry it to then bike to use it. Any old, used PV can still work as cheap, easy to install gauges,

Vec (09-21-2019)
Old 09-20-2019 | 04:06 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mchad
I haven’t looked at a Harley gauge in years. I mount Power Visions to the handlebars of my bikes and have all the info I need, right in my direct view w/o a pair of Mickey Mouse ears on the bar. And for the warranty police, you don’t need to flash or even marry it to then bike to use it. Any old, used PV can still work as cheap, easy to install gauges,
Great use of parts, that set up looks pretty clean vs moving the gauges then plugging the holes. Good job

Old 09-20-2019 | 06:53 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

I sat on one today, seemed a comfortable seat with a bit of a lean to reach the bars, I could live with this. I did not go for a ride, you know what happens when you go for a ride.
My bike is less than a year old, I'm not feeling like an upgrade yet. So, I give it a four out of four star also.

Old 09-20-2019 | 09:36 PM
Rendezvous
Cruiser

Traction Control on all their models.

Old 09-21-2019 | 09:41 AM
Sideburn
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mchad

Got a link? Also how would you rate the install difficulty and quality of the gauge?

Old 09-21-2019 | 10:29 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Sideburn
Got a link? Also how would you rate the install difficulty and quality of the gauge?
A link? Google “Dynojet power Vision”

Old 09-21-2019 | 10:34 AM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
Sorry... But I don't see it.

1) Maybe another make/model would work better for you if that's what you want.
2) That instrument cluster on the tank is part of what makes it a Harley. Specifically with this cluster, it's part of what makes it a Low Rider. If you don't like a Low Rider being a Low Rider... See #1.
3) I don't see the gauges on the tank as being any kind of problem. Maybe if one is so obsessed with their current speed that they can't take their eyes off their gauge for a moment, then... Anyway... I've never had any problem with the gauges on the tank. They serve their purpose just fine there.

Quick Reply: I wish Harley would have done just one thing to the NEW 2020 Lowrider S