2018+ Softail Models Breakout

I wish Harley would have done just one thing to the NEW 2020 Lowrider S

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2019 | 10:52 AM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by T^2
Sorry... But I don't see it.

1) Maybe another make/model would work better for you if that's what you want.
2) That instrument cluster on the tank is part of what makes it a Harley. Specifically with this cluster, it's part of what makes it a Low Rider. If you don't like a Low Rider being a Low Rider... See #1.
3) I don't see the gauges on the tank as being any kind of problem. Maybe if one is so obsessed with their current speed that they can't take their eyes off their gauge for a moment, then... Anyway... I've never had any problem with the gauges on the tank. They serve their purpose just fine there.
I never understand this kind of mentality, and I see it on this forum more than anywhere else.

Customize your Harley and make it for You...as long as everyone else likes the way it "looks"

If its made by Harley, then its a Harley...regardless of how its customized.

Everyone is used to what they are used to. If you are used to having your instrumentation in line-of-sight, then you'll want your instrumentation in line-of-sight. It has nothing to do with obsession of speed or gawking at the instruments.

Get a completely different bike just because you don't like a couple things??? Isn't that kind of the opposite of customization? If someone "blacks-out" thier Low Rider, do we lament on how they should have bought a different bike with less chrome? You see this elsewhere. Add a batwing fairing to a Softail and you'll have a line of guys waiting to ask you why you didn't just get a Street Glide. Really??? A completely different chassis when all you wanted to do is customize wind management? I think a lot of people don't really understand what customization is. Go hang out with some Adventure Bike riders sometime. Anything and everything is permissible.

I have been thinking about relocating my instuments also...but it is because all my previous bikes have had them where I can see them, so its what I'm used to. My full-face halment obstructs a glance-down view of the speedometer in its current location. Also, I'd like to have a tach again...not because I need one, but because I'm used to having one.

The following 5 users liked this post by HuntWhenever:
Iron lHorse (09-21-2019), Mattbastard (09-24-2019), Redwally (09-22-2019), sbrooks64 (09-21-2019), Sideburn (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019 | 08:08 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
I never understand this kind of mentality, and I see it on this forum more than anywhere else.

Customize your Harley and make it for You...as long as everyone else likes the way it "looks"

If its made by Harley, then its a Harley...regardless of how its customized.

Everyone is used to what they are used to. If you are used to having your instrumentation in line-of-sight, then you'll want your instrumentation in line-of-sight. It has nothing to do with obsession of speed or gawking at the instruments.

Get a completely different bike just because you don't like a couple things??? Isn't that kind of the opposite of customization? If someone "blacks-out" thier Low Rider, do we lament on how they should have bought a different bike with less chrome? You see this elsewhere. Add a batwing fairing to a Softail and you'll have a line of guys waiting to ask you why you didn't just get a Street Glide. Really??? A completely different chassis when all you wanted to do is customize wind management? I think a lot of people don't really understand what customization is. Go hang out with some Adventure Bike riders sometime. Anything and everything is permissible.

I have been thinking about relocating my instuments also...but it is because all my previous bikes have had them where I can see them, so its what I'm used to. My full-face halment obstructs a glance-down view of the speedometer in its current location. Also, I'd like to have a tach again...not because I need one, but because I'm used to having one.
That's fine and dandy... Except that it misses the point completely. The OP's original post had nothing to do with customization. It had to do with the OP wishing that HD designed/built/delivered the Low Rider S differently (in one aspect) than the way they did.

The notion that HD is going to bring to market a Low Rider or Low Rider S with anything other than that dual instrument cluster on the tank is... well... Imagine the screeching if they did... I'd say justifiably so.

Now if the OP wants to buy the Low Rider and customize it to his hearts content... more power to him. If he wants/expects a bike to come to him exactly as he desires from the showroom floor... Well that's another matter.

Last edited by T^2; 09-21-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2019 | 08:18 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

Hey...a fella can wish, right?

Old 09-21-2019 | 08:29 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
Hey...a fella can wish, right?
I'd refer to the old adage... "Wish in one hand, **** in the other, see which one fills up first."

Old 09-21-2019 | 08:32 PM
Sideburn
Tourer

Originally Posted by T^2
I'd refer to the old adage... "Wish in one hand, **** in the other, see which one fills up first."
I tried that one time and one time only...

Old 09-24-2019 | 07:39 AM
Iron lHorse
|
Seasoned HDF Member

We have 2 guys working on this in a different thread . So that’s where I’m going !

Old 09-24-2019 | 09:04 AM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
We have 2 guys working on this in a different thread . So that’s where I’m going !
Working on what, shitting in their hands?

Old 09-24-2019 | 09:05 AM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rendezvous
Traction Control on all their models.
Why? Aside from ABS, I see no reason Harley's need traction control. It's not like they go off road, aside from the Pan American (presumably).

Old 09-24-2019 | 09:31 AM
Windycityblues
Advanced

Cruise standard. I mean come on. It’s a switch. That one is a little more of a peeve than anything cause it would’ve cost them jack to throw it in. That being said loads and loads of miles without cruise sooooo......

Other than that some fork adjustments. Preload at a bare minimum. Having a bike that has such a great sporty feel to it and only being able to tweak the rear preload unless you throw g-notes at the aftermarket, just like the cruise control, just feels like the bean counters got the final say in that.

Last edited by Windycityblues; 09-24-2019 at 09:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
HuntWhenever (09-25-2019)
Old 09-24-2019 | 01:16 PM
Iron lHorse
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mattbastard
Working on what, shitting in their hands?
No moving the two gauges from the console up to sport fairing .

Last edited by Iron lHorse; 09-24-2019 at 05:02 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Iron lHorse:
HuntWhenever (09-25-2019), Mattbastard (09-25-2019)