Old 11-18-2019 | 05:07 PM
Pragmatic
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I’ve had this one now for just over a year and absolutely love it

On the way to Virginia City from Reno

At the Redwoods

The following 2 users liked this post by Pragmatic:
HuntWhenever (11-18-2019), rauchman (11-24-2019)
Old 11-19-2019 | 08:52 AM
jimsreddyna
Road Captain

What have you done to change or add to the lighting on your Sport Glide?
I would like to see ideas to add more lighting on the back of the bike!

Old 11-19-2019 | 11:23 AM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jimsreddyna
What have you done to change or add to the lighting on your Sport Glide?
I would like to see ideas to add more lighting on the back of the bike!
I have LED brake lighs in the back of my top case.

Old 11-19-2019 | 01:29 PM
norton74
Cruiser

I adding additional lighting by replacing the rear plate marker light with the stock tail light supplied on Canadian Sport Glide models
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2018-...l#post18321731

Old 11-20-2019 | 06:31 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jnaugle
What shield is that you are running? Thanks!

Old 11-20-2019 | 08:56 PM
Jnaugle
Novice

Got it from bikescreen.com it’s the grand touring vented. works great i have a Klon Werks and that was not good for me. Created a lot of wind buffeting and noise

Old 11-20-2019 | 09:42 PM
jtodd
Tourer

Got it from bikescreen.com it’s the grand touring vented. works great i have a Klon Werks and that was not good for me. Created a lot of wind buffeting and noise
can you tell me how tall you are and what kind of helmet you wear? Also, how tall was the screen that didn’t work as well. I’m going back and forth between 12 Nd 15 inches... don’t want too high... or too low. 😂

Edit: never mind on the helmet question. I see your half-helmet hanging from the bar. Still curious about your height and the other windshield height that didn’t work.

final edit: our garages are eerily similar. Sport glide, gladiator wall tracks and cabinets, bmw... too funny.

Last edited by jtodd; 11-20-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-21-2019 | 11:58 AM
Jnaugle
Novice

Originally Posted by jtodd
can you tell me how tall you are and what kind of helmet you wear? Also, how tall was the screen that didn’t work as well. I’m going back and forth between 12 Nd 15 inches... don’t want too high... or too low. 😂

Edit: never mind on the helmet question. I see your half-helmet hanging from the bar. Still curious about your height and the other windshield height that didn’t work.

final edit: our garages are eerily similar. Sport glide, gladiator wall tracks and cabinets, bmw... too funny.
I guess good taste in bikes and cars lol. Anyway I am bout 5’8” and the other windshield was a 12” and put the air right in my face. I ride with both full face shoei and a half helmet depending on mood.

Old 11-22-2019 | 05:49 AM
jtodd
Tourer

I guess good taste in bikes and cars lol. Anyway I am bout 5’8” and the other windshield was a 12” and put the air right in my face. I ride with both full face shoei and a half helmet depending on mood.
Thanks for that. Good taste indeed. Some of my friends tell me bikes should be fast and cars should be slow. Nah. Rather race my cars and cruise my bikes! Thanks for the info on the windscreen. Was thinking of a one from the same site - I am 5'10" and was thinking the 12", because I don't want it to be too high. But it sounds like that would probably put the wind in my face. Hmmm... Much to consider. Thank you!

Old 11-24-2019 | 03:56 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member

Wow, some sharp setups. I'm on a Switchback, aside from Dyna to Softail, the 2 aren't far apart. If I were going for a Softail as a new bike, it would be between the Heritage and Sport Glide. I like different things on each and somewhere between them is the bike I'd really want.

Some questions....

Can the shock from the Heritage be used? Are there aftermarket options given even more travel, ground clearance, lean angle?
How is the front suspension in the forks? I know it's an upgrade over the stock Dyna suspension, but anyone find the need to take it even further? Is it needed? I run Racetech Emulators and springs in the forks on my bike and it makes a big difference. I'd say it's needed on the FLD.
Can a conventional windshield be used?
Is the mini bat wing with a taller windshield effective? Is it better than a conventional windshield? More protection from the elements? Better with turbulence?
Can the SG take floorboards? Is lean angle lost with the floor boards?
Are aux lights an option?

I do very much like the Switchback bags in that they are hardbags, top loading, easily removable, gasket sealed (never had an issue riding through rain...waterproof), and unlike the Touring bags, have minimal internal geometry/dimension disruption from things like having to fit around the shocks, etc. How are the bags on the SG? Are they waterproof? Does stuff fall out of them when you open them since they are side opening?

Quick Reply: FLSB Sport Glide discussions.