2018+ Softail Models Breakout

FLSB Sport Glide discussions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2019 | 11:16 AM
wittangamo
Intermediate

Different strokes, etc. I like the look and function of the mini batwing, but save the panniers for serious trips. A fork bag and swingarm bag have room enough for daily essentials, and a luggage rack in place of the pillion pad gives me the option to strap on a duffle or carry impulse purchases with bungees.

The following 3 users liked this post by wittangamo:
DutchBoy17 (11-21-2019), Truble (04-14-2020), watch boy (04-08-2020)
Old 11-16-2019 | 01:29 PM
RossW
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wittangamo
Different strokes, etc. I like the look and function of the mini batwing, but save the panniers for serious trips. A fork bag and swingarm bag have room enough for daily essentials, and a luggage rack in place of the pillion pad gives me the option to strap on a duffle or carry impulse purchases with bungees.

Could I ask please, where you got the swingarm bag, and whether it's big enough for a 15" laptop? I'd like to leave the panniers at home a lot more, but I need them for that when I ride to work.

Old 11-16-2019 | 01:56 PM
wittangamo
Intermediate

I don’t know the dimensions of your laptop, but I doubt there’s room in a swingarm bag. Mine is a Viking, and measures 9”x13”x3”. Harley makes one that adds about an inch on each side, but costs three times as much and probably still won’t fit your needs. Have you considered a laptop backpack?

Old 11-16-2019 | 03:32 PM
RossW
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wittangamo
I don’t know the dimensions of your laptop, but I doubt there’s room in a swingarm bag. Mine is a Viking, and measures 9”x13”x3”. Harley makes one that adds about an inch on each side, but costs three times as much and probably still won’t fit your needs. Have you considered a laptop backpack?
I have a few of those. In fact I have a Harley Davidson branded one that I got as a freebie when i bought the bike that fits snugly into one of the panniers. I don't particularly like riding with a backpack. I prefer to have the luggage on the bike, not on me. I guess I'll have to wait until my dealer finally has the holdfast spools I ordered so I can fit the sissy bar. Then I can leave the panniers at home and use my old Gearsack bag.

Old 11-16-2019 | 09:26 PM
Jnaugle
Novice
Default long ride serup

Originally Posted by Jnaugle

The following users liked this post:
HuntWhenever (11-24-2019)
Old 11-17-2019 | 07:41 PM
Ralibur
Advanced

It looks like you have a V/H exhaust system. How do you like it so far, low end torque and sound. It looks great on the bike.

Old 11-17-2019 | 07:49 PM
Jnaugle
Novice

Originally Posted by Ralibur
It looks like you have a V/H exhaust system. How do you like it so far, low end torque and sound. It looks great on the bike.
Thanks it is the vance hines. I love it! The power is awesome not crazy loud at idle and cruise but really comes alive if i open the throttle. The fit is perfect!

Old 11-17-2019 | 08:31 PM
Ralibur
Advanced

Thanks it is the vance hines. I love it! The power is awesome not crazy loud at idle and cruise but really comes alive if i open the throttle. The fit is perfect!
Thanks for the feedback. I am looking for an exhaust system for my sport glide and want as much info since concerned about loss of low end torque and drowning effect.

Old 11-18-2019 | 03:13 AM
jtodd
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ralibur
Thanks for the feedback. I am looking for an exhaust system for my sport glide and want as much info since concerned about loss of low end torque and drowning effect.
I have the tab performance exhaust with zombie baffles. Uses the same heat shield, so it doesn’t really change the look of the bike much (except the black tip, if you go that route). Love the exhaust sound. No drone, that I feel or hear. No scientific data but the butt dyno says there was no loss in performance at all - possibly minimal gain, but gains will be had when I switch the breather and get a tuner.

Last edited by jtodd; 11-18-2019 at 03:15 AM.
Old 11-18-2019 | 10:57 AM
Ralibur
Advanced

Originally Posted by jtodd
I have the tab performance exhaust with zombie baffles. Uses the same heat shield, so it doesn’t really change the look of the bike much (except the black tip, if you go that route). Love the exhaust sound. No drone, that I feel or hear. No scientific data but the butt dyno says there was no loss in performance at all - possibly minimal gain, but gains will be had when I switch the breather and get a tuner.

Hello jtodd,

Thanks for the info. Besides sound and performance I want to change the look of the head pipes. Although ok, I want to change the rear cylinder head pipe that wraps around the cam cover. I am leaning towards the Basanni 1S91R touring exhaust or the V/H pro pipe in chrome.

Quick Reply: FLSB Sport Glide discussions.