2018+ Softail Models Breakout

M8 Softail Exhaust Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 07:29 AM
mehlbs73
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RossW
I got the oval shaped ventilator for my Sport Glide. Tucks away under the tank with no leg clearance issues.
Thanks for the insight! Might take a look at it, not sure if it'll go really with the theme for the bike I'm looking for but maybe.

The following users liked this post:
RossW (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 07:31 AM
mehlbs73
Advanced

Originally Posted by Thingfish
I bought mine based on this video and was not disappointed. It captures them pretty well. They really hit the sweet spot for me.

OP...leg clearance. Yeah the mini might be the way to go then.
Glad to hear you like em, how are they on longer rides, annoying?

Yea I'm thinking either the mini or the SE High Flow Intake yet, looking to see if anyone is running that on here and can give me a feel for how their clearance is.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,009 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by mehlbs73
Yea I'm looking to stay warranty compliant. My dealer in Green Bay told me that as long as you tune with the SE Tuner I'd be good to go.

Think this is fubar?
Green bay,r you a cheesehead Mehlbs ?

Old 09-10-2019, 08:40 AM
mehlbs73
Advanced

Originally Posted by Agoober
Green bay,r you a cheesehead Mehlbs ?
You're dang right I'm a cheesehead, born and raised just south of Green Bay and now live within walking distance of the Promised Land. Gotta love the Pack.

MHTR (09-14-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 10:03 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Yea I'm looking to stay warranty compliant. My dealer in Green Bay told me that as long as you tune with the SE Tuner I'd be good to go.

Think this is fubar?
Think you’ll be ok. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy any aftermarket pipes or motor parts through your dealer. Harley snoops on their computers and can void based on non-compliant purchases. The SE Tuner is the biggest deal so you should be good otherwise. My dealer says the same thing regarding warranty. Technically crossing the EPA line by removing the cat is a no-no, but I’ve heard it has not been an issue. Also it takes 10 minutes to swap your old cans back on if you need to.

Glad to hear you like em, how are they on longer rides, annoying?

Yea I'm thinking either the mini or the SE High Flow Intake yet, looking to see if anyone is running that on here and can give me a feel for how their clearance is.
Personally I like them on long rides. Once you are cruising they mellow out, but still have a nice rumble you can hear over the wind and tires. Nothing too loud though. Wind noise is generally worse on long trips than pipes.

You're dang right I'm a cheesehead, born and raised just south of Green Bay and now live within walking distance of the Promised Land. Gotta love the Pack.
16 years in MN made me a Vikes fan, but I’m one of them that appreciates the Packers. I’ll root for the Pack against anyone ....except the Vikes of course. Hope we have a great season.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:53 AM
mehlbs73
Advanced

Think you’ll be ok. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy any aftermarket pipes or motor parts through your dealer. Harley snoops on their computers and can void based on non-compliant purchases. The SE Tuner is the biggest deal so you should be good otherwise. My dealer says the same thing regarding warranty. Technically crossing the EPA line by removing the cat is a no-no, but I’ve heard it has not been an issue. Also it takes 10 minutes to swap your old cans back on if you need to.

Personally I like them on long rides. Once you are cruising they mellow out, but still have a nice rumble you can hear over the wind and tires. Nothing too loud though. Wind noise is generally worse on long trips than pipes.

16 years in MN made me a Vikes fan, but I’m one of them that appreciates the Packers. I’ll root for the Pack against anyone ....except the Vikes of course. Hope we have a great season.
Should be an interesting Sunday for sure! The Vikings aren't getting the attention they deserve, everyone is talking about the Packers and Bears in the North but I think the Vikings are a definite sleeper team this year. Good luck and thanks for all the feedback!

Old 09-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Should be an interesting Sunday for sure! The Vikings aren't getting the attention they deserve, everyone is talking about the Packers and Bears in the North but I think the Vikings are a definite sleeper team this year. Good luck and thanks for all the feedback!

Ha! Sort of feels like that every year for the Vikes hahaha. I guess everyone burned out in the Carter/Moss years when there was sooooo much potential they just couldn’t consistently turn into wins. Yeah this season should be fun for both of us!

mehlbs73 (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 05:07 PM
AJ88V
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts

Ha! Sort of feels like that every year for the Vikes hahaha. I guess everyone burned out in the Carter/Moss years when there was sooooo much potential they just couldn’t consistently turn into wins. Yeah this season should be fun for both of us!
Or Fran T, for us older Vikings fans.

Thingfish (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 05:55 PM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Take a look at the S&S 2:1

mehlbs73 (09-11-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,009 Likes on 714 Posts

Same here man, the Packers are my team , we beat the hated Bears first game is a good start too. NFL i not so big here in Australia but I love it. Those bastard Patriots lost Gronk but picked up Brown and why did we lose Clay Mathews FFS? anyhoo You got ya pipe sorted for your bike yet ?

Peace ya Cheesehead freak. lol

mehlbs73 (09-11-2019)

Quick Reply: M8 Softail Exhaust Options