2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 11:17 PM
big ron
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nightsterept
I think the fairing does an OK job at wind protection. I say OK because the only bike I've ridden that I'd say did a great job was a softail heritage I rode one time that had a massive/ugly windshield on it. For me, I can feel a direct difference if I hold my palm up while riding and can feel that the wind is hitting near the top of my helmet. I have a Shoei Gt Air 2 full face helmet and don't experience buffering, but that could be both the fairing and the helmet design at play. The fairing by no means blocks all the wind from my face wind, but it certainly does more so than the stock speed fairing. One thing about the Deviant Fab fairing and a factory oem FXDXT fairing is that the windshield is adjustable on thd fly....and it works to change winc glow direction. I'm about 5-10 with a 30 inseam BTW.
Thanks, I am running the same helmet and cant ride with the outer visor up and the internal down due to the amount of wind in my face. I will get one on the way as soon as they start shipping again.
Ron

Old 04-16-2020, 02:12 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,926 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Taking my time, cam kit will be here tomorrow.

Old 04-16-2020, 02:53 PM
nightsterept
Road Captain
Received 342 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
Taking my time, cam kit will be here tomorrow.
I'm contemplating a cam kit vs full 128 kit myself right now. Which cam kit did you go with? Are you going with a full cam kit with the plate and oil pump, new tappets, tappet cuffs, cam bearing, ect or just new quickee pushrods and a cam?

The following users liked this post:
AJ88V (04-17-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 03:36 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nightsterept
I'm contemplating a cam kit vs full 128 kit myself right now. Which cam kit did you go with? Are you going with a full cam kit with the plate and oil pump, new tappets, tappet cuffs, cam bearing, ect or just new quickee pushrods and a cam?
I got the Wood WM8-22X cam, lifters, cam bearing and pushrods from Fuel Moto. I have the new M8 oil pump so no need to change it or the cam plate. The motor had 475 miles on it, I'm skipping the cuffs.
You can do just a cam to see how you like the performance, the 128" can get expensive.

Old 04-16-2020, 11:26 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team
Received 1,921 Likes on 1,014 Posts

I got the Wood WM8-22X cam, lifters, cam bearing and pushrods from Fuel Moto. I have the new M8 oil pump so no need to change it or the cam plate. The motor had 475 miles on it, I'm skipping the cuffs.
You can do just a cam to see how you like the performance, the 128" can get expensive.
Nice choice Mike. The 128" motors break drivetrain parts. Along with the Fuel Moto 128 low compression kit you will need: 4 degree cam advance sprocket for the 22X, Trask clutch basket, Rekluse Torque Drive clutch plates, Dark Horse compensator sprocket, Baker grudge box transmission.

The following 2 users liked this post by Hulkss:
AJ88V (04-17-2020), OldMike (04-16-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 05:21 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hulkss
Nice choice Mike. The 128" motors break drivetrain parts. Along with the Fuel Moto 128 low compression kit you will need: 4 degree cam advance sprocket for the 22X, Trask clutch basket, Rekluse Torque Drive clutch plates, Dark Horse compensator sprocket, Baker grudge box transmission.
Advance?
I thought I could avoid a cam change or touching the cam chest for a "dream" 128" build, but the 22X is more useful to me now and might be all I want anyway.
I was thinking 11.3:1 CR or more, and more cam in a 128" build.
I remember breaking trans gears in a FXR, 5" stroke EVO, 105" build, I wonder why we're not hearing more about this in this golden era of big power.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:05 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hulkss
I used the cam install PDF you posted to print the pages I needed to do the install.
Thanks,
Mike

Old 04-19-2020, 09:02 PM
beth davis
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Well, I did it... I had been talking to my friend at my dealer about my "should I get one - after all I did to my Low Rider?" debate, and since they got their first one in today, he gave me a call. So naturally I had to check it out. Since I got the first 2016 LRS the day it came off the truck 3 years ago, I figured why break tradition... Got a very good deal on my trade, pulled off everything I wanted, and so it begins again...

And no other asses had been on the bike except HD personnel and now mine. I like that.

Bone stock.

Tonight my Ohlins, my Custom Dynamics lights, my mirrors and my seat go on, and the damn reflectors come off. Came home with a new SE tuner.

Ordered a Rinehart 2:1 which should be here on Tuesday (please spare me the warranty comments) and a +4" upper brake line which should be there on Wed. Once thats on, my 10" T's go on it. I also ordered the Memphis shades black clamps for the fork, and a black cafe fairing. Also next week. Not sure how much riding I'll do before the bars are on, as the stock ones are just too damn low for me, and I don't think I can coax any more out of the stock line for any riser extensions.

This thing is a bandit. The inverted forks on this frame is bananas. It handles like its on rails. Amazing the difference from the standard forks. And even with 50 miles taking it easy on the motor it feels great.

So, here we go again...!

My boyfriend has a 2020 low rider s, just got 14" risers and is having so much trouble finding the extended upper clutch cable and brake cable without paying an arm and a leg.. any advice?

Old 04-19-2020, 09:43 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by beth davis
My boyfriend has a 2020 low rider s, just got 14" risers and is having so much trouble finding the extended upper clutch cable and brake cable without paying an arm and a leg.. any advice?
Hs dealer should easily be able to order him the upper clutch and brake lines. I don't know what you consider expensive, but they didn't seem unreasonable to me. For 12" bars I got +4" so I would think +6 would be right for 14" bars.

I wouldn't bother with aftermarket lines, but that's just me. I'm sure there are some that can make suggestions.

There are also parts lists floating around this forum, maybe even in this thread. You can probably find them with a search.

Good luck

Old 04-19-2020, 09:48 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team
Received 1,921 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Advance?
I thought I could avoid a cam change or touching the cam chest for a "dream" 128" build, but the 22X is more useful to me now and might be all I want anyway.
I was thinking 11.3:1 CR or more, and more cam in a 128" build.
I remember breaking trans gears in a FXR, 5" stroke EVO, 105" build, I wonder why we're not hearing more about this in this golden era of big power.
Oops, I meant 4 degree retarded cam timing. This reduces the tendency to spark knock at low rpm and helps the top end power.

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners