2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 06:39 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Dannyus
Congrats! Very nice looking bike. I am not a big fan of the speedometer looks though.. @Mchad do you think it would be possible to switch it to the digital speedo, like the street bob/breakout have? I have not seen anyone do this yet, probably because most of the people dont like the digital?
I looked in this a while back. They both user the same connector, so it was my belief that you could replace the gauges with the digital.

Originally Posted by 2018 lowrider M8
MAN if there is one member on this forum that Deserves this bike its you Mate
Well, “deserve” is a bit of a stretch I think, but thanks!

The following users liked this post:
2018 lowrider M8 (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 07:01 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Congrats, there was no doubt you would buy that bike. I was just watching your recent posts laughing that you were trying to convince yourself otherwise.
As soon as I can find a silver one for sale I will be joining you. Just sold my Road Glide.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:25 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by 24v
Congrats, there was no doubt you would buy that bike. I was just watching your recent posts laughing that you were trying to convince yourself otherwise.
As soon as I can find a silver one for sale I will be joining you. Just sold my Road Glide.
Yeah, I’m not a good salesman. Couldn’t even sell myself on the idea... :-(

Going to get some miles in today. For as long as I can put up with the miserable handlebars...

Do yourself a favor, if you plan on raising the bars, order the line now and have them install it when you take delivery. NOTHING worse then waiting a week!

Old 08-30-2019, 07:33 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
Yeah, I’m not a good salesman. Couldn’t even sell myself on the idea... :-(

Going to get some miles in today. For as long as I can put up with the miserable handlebars...

Do yourself a favor, if you plan on raising the bars, order the line now and have them install it when you take delivery. NOTHING worse then waiting a week!
I don't want the dealer touching my bike anymore than they have to. I have a decent list of mods planned that may very well be here before I even have the bike, so not worried about a little downtime if necessary. Definitely going to go with taller bars, probably 14" T bars.

The following users liked this post:
rosefromashes (06-21-2020)
Old 08-30-2019, 07:47 AM
cmhdwg09
Road Captain
Received 192 Likes on 113 Posts

So, I posted in the breather thread my congrats on your new bike, because I hadn’t yet come across this one. You don’t know how happy I am to find that there are others whose brain and logic system operates like mine. Make me feel less lonely.

Anyway, congrats and enjoy. I’m not sure I remember a better example of H-D listening to its customers and producing a bike so responsive to their desires.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:04 AM
Craigny
Road Master
Received 383 Likes on 232 Posts

Well, I did it... I had been talking to my friend at my dealer about my "should I get one - after all I did to my Low Rider?" debate, and since they got their first one in today, he gave me a call. So naturally I had to check it out. Since I got the first 2016 LRS the day it came off the truck 3 years ago, I figured why break tradition... Got a very good deal on my trade, pulled off everything I wanted, and so it begins again...

And no other asses had been on the bike except HD personnel and now mine. I like that.

Bone stock.

Tonight my Ohlins, my Custom Dynamics lights, my mirrors and my seat go on, and the damn reflectors come off. Came home with a new SE tuner.

Ordered a Rinehart 2:1 which should be here on Tuesday (please spare me the warranty comments) and a +4" upper brake line which should be there on Wed. Once thats on, my 10" T's go on it. I also ordered the Memphis shades black clamps for the fork, and a black cafe fairing. Also next week. Not sure how much riding I'll do before the bars are on, as the stock ones are just too damn low for me, and I don't think I can coax any more out of the stock line for any riser extensions.

This thing is a bandit. The inverted forks on this frame is bananas. It handles like its on rails. Amazing the difference from the standard forks. And even with 50 miles taking it easy on the motor it feels great.

So, here we go again...!
Congrats! I knew from your previous threads that the temptation was too great for you! I love it. If I was in thew market for a new bike that would be at the top of the list. Did you get it at Nassau? I saw someone grabbed it before it hit the floor on their FB page. Was that you? Either way enjoy!!!

Old 08-30-2019, 08:31 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by 24v
I don't want the dealer touching my bike anymore than they have to. I have a decent list of mods planned that may very well be here before I even have the bike, so not worried about a little downtime if necessary. Definitely going to go with taller bars, probably 14" T bars.
I am very lucky to have a tech at my local dealer who is ridiculously meticulous. He calls me when sees ANYTHING I would want to know about. I trust him implicitly. Ex-Army, smart and a top-notch wrench. That said, I agree that there are plenty of hacks out there.

The only thing to mention, is that as ABS is standard on these bikes, I think you need to hook to the digital tech whenever you open up the lines, to purge it or something. I don't mess with brakes beyond pads and such, so I don't know for sure, but check it out before you do.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:37 AM
pawn
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats. I rather figured it'd be eating at you until you eventually went and got one. I've been thinking it over myself, and I'm rather happy with my standard 2019 low rider. And all it has is the SE Stage 1 upgrade.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:43 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member

I am very lucky to have a tech at my local dealer who is ridiculously meticulous. He calls me when sees ANYTHING I would want to know about. I trust him implicitly. Ex-Army, smart and a top-notch wrench. That said, I agree that there are plenty of hacks out there.

The only thing to mention, is that as ABS is standard on these bikes, I think you need to hook to the digital tech whenever you open up the lines, to purge it or something. I don't mess with brakes beyond pads and such, so I don't know for sure, but check it out before you do.
For me it isn't only distrust, but part of the experience is doing it all myself. As for the ABS, not a big deal, dealt with it on other bikes.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:08 AM
cmhdwg09
Road Captain
Received 192 Likes on 113 Posts

I’m interested in something I haven’t seen mentioned.....mid controls.....are you a fan or will you move them forward? How tall are you?

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners