2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 12:38 PM
V&HBryan
Banned
Received 137 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Windycityblues
Yeah parts are a little finicky with this bike it seems. Almost every seat and pillion that HD’s site says fits doesn’t. Bought a set of drivers pegs that says direct fit. Nope. Not without some grinding. Oh well. Finally found a seat three hours away and had them put hands on it and make sure it’s the right one and hold that s.o.b for me. The dealer fell through with the seat and pegs that were included in the sale so they’re just gonna do the first service for free and we’re gonna call it good. Did manage to snap a few glamour shots in the same spot dealer did. Kind of a before and after two weeks and 1500 miles of ownership.
The bike looks great!

The following users liked this post:
Windycityblues (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 12:44 PM
sbrooks64
Cruiser
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Windycityblues
Yeah parts are a little finicky with this bike it seems. Almost every seat and pillion that HD’s site says fits doesn’t. Bought a set of drivers pegs that says direct fit. Nope. Not without some grinding. Oh well. Finally found a seat three hours away and had them put hands on it and make sure it’s the right one and hold that s.o.b for me. The dealer fell through with the seat and pegs that were included in the sale so they’re just gonna do the first service for free and we’re gonna call it good. Did manage to snap a few glamour shots in the same spot dealer did. Kind of a before and after two weeks and 1500 miles of ownership.

Agreed parts are finicky on this bike. The bike is looking good, I have the V&H slips also

Windycityblues (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 03:36 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
Dyna Street Bob. I printed an adapter for that to hold a little gauge, and also one below it to mount a switch. I want to move my gauges also and am trying to figure out what to do for a console. I don't really like the block of plates and don't have a desire to add more. I'd love to find a smooth console, I wonder if we could make a Softail Blackline console fit, like the one in the pic.
Originally Posted by EVIL21
Has anyone looked into trying the blackline console to see if it would work? That would make it a lot cleaner.
Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
If you can get the console from the Blackline to fit properly . And work on 2 or 3 more revisions to the gauge cluster plate . I think you will have to send some pictures to the motor company to give them something to think about .
I borrowed a friends Blackline console to test it out and see if it would fit. I am pretty confident it will, but there needs to be 2 permanent mods for it to happen. The Blackline console will need to be trimmed a little down by the lower mounting bolt under the seat, and you will need to bend down, or cut off the 2 mounting tabs that are on the tank now for the stock console. I will likely be doing this, but I want to wait until I have the bars and fairing on so I can figure out what I am actually doing with the gauges.

Old 09-26-2019, 03:49 PM
Sideburn
Tourer
Received 146 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by sbrooks64
Installed the H-D Barracuda Silver fairing. Easy install.

Brother please post more pics of this!! From the side, etc. I hope I hate it to save me money LOL

sbrooks64 (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 07:07 PM
sbrooks64
Cruiser

Will take some outside pics tomorrow

The following 4 users liked this post by sbrooks64:
frontiercat (09-26-2019), Pete Robertson (10-14-2020), Sideburn (09-26-2019), V&HBryan (09-27-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 07:35 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Sideburn
Brother please post more pics of this!! From the side, etc. I hope I hate it to save me money LOL
Interesting. You left the plastic trim panel on. I took mine off, as I have a 7”x7”x3” molle bag with a bunch of doo-dads in it velcroed to the forward side of my T-Bars. I keep a small drawstring backpack in case I need to carry something, a lil’larry light, couple of tools, rain sock, E-Z pass tag, zip ties, etc. I wonder if it would fit with the trim left in place. I may have to experiment...

Ths is the bag btw. Makes a nice place to stow crap if you can fit it on the bars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D29HJ6K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D29HJ6K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by Mchad; 09-26-2019 at 07:37 PM.
sbrooks64 (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 07:41 PM
sbrooks64
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mchad
Interesting. You left the plastic trim panel on. I took mine off, as I have a 7”x7”x3” molle bag with a bunch of doo-dads in it velcroed to the forward side of my T-Bars. I keep a small drawstring backpack in case I need to carry something, a lil’larry light, couple of tools, rain sock, E-Z pass tag, zip ties, etc. I wonder if it would fit with the trim left in place. I may have to experiment...

Ths is the bag btw. Makes a nice place to stow crap if you can fit it on the bars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am still debating if I should take it off. Where did you get the sissy bar?

Old 09-26-2019, 07:42 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by sbrooks64
I am still debating if I should take it off. Where did you get the sissy bar?
Sissy bar?

Old 09-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Mchad
Club Member

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just to add, another handy add-on. This backpack folds down to about the size of 2 decks of cards, easy to stow. Comes in real handy when you need to carry something and you don’t have bags. The emergency six pack, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072PR2ND1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072PR2ND1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 09-26-2019, 07:57 PM
sbrooks64
Cruiser

Sissy bar?

wrong person

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners