2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 08:08 AM
Windycityblues
Advanced
Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sbrooks64
Is it easy to take off the original fairing? My H-D fairing in barracuda silver came in today.
I couldn’t tell you. Dealer had the quarter fairing installed before I even knew they had the bike.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:51 AM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,662 Likes on 1,263 Posts

Originally Posted by Windycityblues
LMAO too funny. Really does though.

Yes there is is still a usb in the frame by the neck. IRON HORSE that’s a killer sketch, I knew someone with some creativity can really knock this outta the park. Thank you for the input and ideas. Definitely gonna try and pass that along to a buddy with a 3D printer and see if it’s something he could do. I’d have to look at the mounting bracket again and see if I could take some material off the bottom so the bottom edge isn’t flat to cover it.

Yes there is is still a usb in the neck of the frame.

I didn’t get anywhere with this yesterday. Dealer has totally screwed me so I spent all evening trying to patch my plans for this weekend. Part of the deal was they throw in a two up seat and some rear pegs and supports for the Mrs. 5 day rally in Arkansas this weekend. Bought the bike exactly two weeks before the day we’re supposed to leave. Figured no problem. They said they order all the stuff and let me know when it came in. Fast forward a week and no phone call. Go down there and turns out it never got ordered cause the guy that was supposed to got fired. Ok whatever one week to go still just get it done. Check in again yesterday after work and seat is showing packed (not shipped), peg supports are here though, and one of the pegs is on back order till Oct 2nd. The only dealer in the state that has a seat that will work has an ongoing feud with this dealer so there’s no way they’d do a dealer transfer or anything like that. So I’ll just have to buy it and be stuck with three seats. Oh well what’re you gonna do. At least the dang sissy bar has finally shipped and will be here today. That being said and just a heads up, there’s going to be either a tallboy or a sundowner for sale depending on which one I like better.
WCB, it doesn’t have to be made from just metal. You can go to a hobby shop and get some very thin 1/8 “ ply wood . Then you can shape it to conform to the inside of the fairing and then coat it with fiberglass and then fiberglass cloth and fiberglass again for the finished product . This method of construction let you have more ability to utilize all your space and become more creative if you would like to add something like a hole for sunglasses ,
Just take your time make a few revisions and it’ll come out great .
You can also create all kinds of custom shapes out of 8th inch wire mash cover that with the same fiberglass mash if you want to start getting crazy

Last edited by Iron lHorse; 09-25-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:46 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Is it easy to take off the original fairing? My H-D fairing in barracuda silver came in today.
Two minutes tops. There are two silver bolts that you see at the bottom corners of that plastic piece inside the fairing. They are torx I think. Take them out, and grab the fairing from the front of the bike and pull. It is 2 bolts holding at the top, and 2 plastic studs into rubber grommets on the bottom.

The following users liked this post:
sbrooks64 (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 10:47 AM
sbrooks64
Cruiser
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
Two minutes tops. There are two silver bolts that you see at the bottom corners of that plastic piece inside the fairing. They are torx I think. Take them out, and grab the fairing from the front of the bike and pull. It is 2 bolts holding at the top, and 2 plastic studs into rubber grommets on the bottom.
Thanks! Will post pics when I add the new fairing

Old 09-25-2019, 02:51 PM
sbrooks64
Cruiser

Installed the H-D Barracuda Silver fairing. Easy install.

The following 2 users liked this post by sbrooks64:
Mchad (09-25-2019), Sideburn (09-26-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 03:29 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Looks nice, but it seems like the headlight is way back in there.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:12 PM
sbrooks64
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 24v
It will have a better fit once I make some adjustments

The following users liked this post:
24v (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 06:53 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Installed the H-D Barracuda Silver fairing. Easy install.

more pics, please!

Old 09-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
There are six bolts in total to remove the fairing completely.
2 on the plastic plate facing the Rider.
2 under the top triple tree for the top bracket.
2 attaching the bottom bracket to the headlight block.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:28 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
Yeah, the brackets have to come up a bit. Mine were about a MM from the top triple tree. The headlight is a bit recessed, but looks good when aligned properly.

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners