2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2023 | 12:51 PM
Herrick
Road Captain

Originally Posted by stormin08
you cut the wire, and add the eyes....everyday electrical mod
I've never done it but it seems easy enough to do. The end of the wires on my Garmin connector are already exposed.

Old 06-28-2023 | 07:22 AM
stormin08
Road Captain

take your time, get a quality eye end with the heat shrink already there. install with a crimp plier and heat the shrink tube. note that they offer the wire size and the eye seize as options, below is handy around the house if you do this regularly.
i have a couple of drawers in one of my boxes, with just electrical items

Amazon Amazon

Old 07-01-2023 | 03:06 AM
Big Al 59
HDF Community Team
Community Team

so I tried a 2020 LRS yesterday, big mistake and I am torn...
After 2 and a half years on the Road King and 28,000 miles, which wore me out a bit despite the comfort of this machine, I switched to the Sport Glide, but I only kept it for 3 months and 6,000 miles because I didn't like the styling, but it was still a very good bike (handling, roadholding, versatility) then I switched to the Heritage in 107, because it's a more classic style that I know well (I had the ancestor in 1340) and that reassured me in a way because I was finding my bearings again, the comfort, the look, the practicality, the driving qualities, and today my bike is aesthetically perfect and just the way I wanted it, but after 11,000 miles in 8 months, I feel like something's missing: a hint of adventure, a whiff of freedom, that little bit of mischief that spices up life. ..
Since I've been riding the Softail M8 chassis, I've rediscovered the pleasure of "piloting" a motorcycle, of taking pleasure in the bends and on the small mountain roads that we find in France, and I find the Heritage a little too wise despite its undeniable road qualities...
So I've been eyeing the LRS for a while now, this bike appeals to me and makes me dream, it really has a "badass" look that lends itself to many fantasies...
I think it could suit me, with a few well-chosen modifications, and allow me to have fun and also ride on long trips...
I've chosen a 114, because I prefer this version, which has more personality with its gauges on the tank. The position doesn't quite suit me, because with my long legs it's complicated to fold myself up on it, so I think I'd need either a Tall Boy saddle or forwards controls, and also risers with more pullback to keep my arms less tense, nothing insurmountable, with a little fairing for long trips and a big leather pannier on the left side it could be nice, especially as I ride 100% solo...
It's a 2020 model with 10,000 miles sold by a pro, it's equipped with a removable Sissy Bar with luggage rack, a Mustang solo seat in addition to the original saddle and its passenger pillon, a stage 1 with Vance & Hines Twin Slash mufflers (original mufflers supplied) and also a cruise control which I particularly like, plus the plate has been modified in an elegant way I think and all that pleases me a lot...
But I'm a little unsettled, it's not easy to get out of your comfort zone, and I don't want to make another mistake. My Heritage is really very nice and it suits me well, except for the fact that it's a little too wise, which doesn't make me dream.
So I'll be delighted to hear your opinions...
Here are a few photos of the beast...

The following users liked this post:
OldMike (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023 | 03:28 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

I still have my 2020 and still fun, easy and exciting to ride, light weight and fast.
I only made a couple of bolt-on comfort changes to make it mine. I have several different seats and two sets of removable saddlebags, I like the stock mini fairing, it's simple and effective to keep wind off my torso while no helmet buffeting.
Mine handles really well with just pullback handlebar risers, I'm using the stock mid controls location.

Old 07-01-2023 | 03:37 AM
Big Al 59
HDF Community Team
Community Team

thanks for your answer...
I suppose you have shorter legs than mine to keep the mid controls, I am 5'10" and 34" inseam, and its just imbearable for my old body, perhaps it will fit with a tallboy seat and other pegs or mini floorboards...

Old 07-01-2023 | 03:41 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Big Al 59
thanks for your answer...
I suppose you have shorter legs than mine to keep the mid controls, I am 5'10" and 34" inseam, and its just imbearable for my old body, perhaps it will fit with a tallboy seat and other pegs or mini floorboards...
You are one inch height and length more than me, I'm 69.5 years old. Mid controls are best for handling.

Old Ranger (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023 | 03:47 AM
Big Al 59
HDF Community Team
Community Team

I know that fact and that's why I was speaking of changing only the seat and not the controls...

Old 07-01-2023 | 03:56 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member

I know that fact and that's why I was speaking of changing only the seat and not the controls...
That's what I would do, try a seat first.

Big Al 59 (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023 | 02:21 PM
Big Al 59
HDF Community Team
Community Team

What model do you recommend to seat a little higher and further back ?

Old 07-01-2023 | 02:55 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

What model do you recommend to seat a little higher and further back ?
If you do find a solo seat that sits you up and back I recommend you have pull back bar risers to bring the bar closer because of the 28 degree rake. If not you will be reaching.

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners