2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 11:10 PM
Sideburn
Tourer
Received 146 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Windycityblues
Slip-ons were waiting at the door step today. Pretty docile at idle and low rpm, crack the throttle though and they get pretty loud and still pulls like a champ.
And boy does it look nice!!! Did you tune at all or just add the slip-ons and let-er-rip?

Old 09-20-2019, 04:29 AM
Windycityblues
Advanced
Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Sideburn
And boy does it look nice!!! Did you tune at all or just add the slip-ons and let-er-rip?
Thanks. I like the way they look a lot more than I thought I would. The wrinkle finish matches the factory finish pretty darn well. No tune. Left the baffles in and sent it. Oklahoma makes you pay sales tax after the fact when you get the title and go to register and it always hurts, so all big ticket modding is on the back burner till a later date.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:48 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
All I can say is that Memphis Shades Cafe from the Low Rider definitely doesn’t fit this bike, so I’d be careful.
No big deal, I'm not afraid of my grinder, or cutting/welding if necessary. I'm going to have to cut and weld on some bracketry to get my headlight to fit anyways, and am pretty sure I will be opening up the headlight hole in the fairing a little.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:41 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
No big deal, I'm not afraid of my grinder, or cutting/welding if necessary. I'm going to have to cut and weld on some bracketry to get my headlight to fit anyways, and am pretty sure I will be opening up the headlight hole in the fairing a little.
Yeah, I’m going to have to figure something out for my headlight as well. I have a JW Speaker adaptive 2 head kit in a standard black bucket, that I want to use instead of the standard issue LED, but the new mounting block is too wide. I will have to grind/cut it down a bit.

I’ll order one to prototype, but it looks like all it’ll need is to have the two ears cut down to narrow it to the old style headlight block width.

Last edited by Mchad; 09-20-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:28 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
Yeah, I’m going to have to figure something out for my headlight as well. I have a JW Speaker adaptive 2 head kit in a standard black bucket, that I want to use instead of the standard issue LED, but the new mounting block is too wide. I will have to grind/cut it down a bit.

I’ll order one to prototype, but it looks like all it’ll need is to have the two ears cut down to narrow it to the old style headlight block width.

That or it wouldn't be too hard to just eliminate the stock mount and make a new one. Especially if you can weld a little.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:26 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
That or it wouldn't be too hard to just eliminate the stock mount and make a new one. Especially if you can weld a little.
Yeah, unfortunately I don’t have a welder. Cutting the mount though, is something I can do.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:20 PM
big ron
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

CAN’T WAIT!! I’d like to see both gauges up there or at least the tach. The speedo in the stock spot isn’t horrible but the tach is just short of useless where it sits. And there’s a “roughly” h shaped bracket that picks up the 4 screws. Hardest part would really just be the wire extensions. A flat piece of .060 7075 cut to shape and size and you got the dash. Didn’t want to mess with it yet as there’s two big rally’s in the next 30 days but if it rains the next week like they’re predicting I may have found something to occupy my hands.
Looking at the pics of plastic backing plate and how its mounted I agree it would be really easy to make a new plate and mount the tach and speedo along with an electric outlet and possibly a phone mount. Thinking a fuel gauge or oil pressure gauge and oil temp gauge at the stock location of the tach and speedo.

Last edited by big ron; 09-20-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:37 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by seabobber
Speaking of moving/changing gauges, would it be possible to remove the dual gauges and textured harness from the fuel tank, and install a single gauge mounting to the center of the bars? Is the fuel tank painted underneath that harness?

I'd really like to install a '18+ Fat Bob gauge on or above the riser. Does anyone know if I could use the '18+ Fat Bob gauge on the Low Rider S? Ideally something like this:
The gauge should work, but you will likely need to reconfigure the connectors. As for removing the console from the tank, there is a bracket welded to the tank uder there that would look pretty bad exposed.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:49 PM
emdx3
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine just arrived at the dealer. Pick it up tomorrow. Can’t wait!

The following 5 users liked this post by emdx3:
24v (09-21-2019), rauchman (01-30-2022), sbrooks64 (09-21-2019), Sideburn (09-21-2019), Windycityblues (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019, 04:09 AM
=fugitive=
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Slip-ons were waiting at the door step today. Pretty docile at idle and low rpm, crack the throttle though and they get pretty loud and still pulls like a champ.
That's one sick bike!

I'm going in to my dealer next week to hopefully get a deal done and was wondering what exhaust I should add to the package.

V&H Slash Cuts were on my list and I reckon I'm going to go with them after seeing you bike...so, thanks for posting! Hope you're enjoying it.

The following users liked this post:
Windycityblues (09-21-2019)

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners