2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 10:28 AM
fhernandez5622
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cable kit size on thrashin 9.5 pullback and stock bars fxlrs

Originally Posted by Breaker80
At 6’1 32 inseam I’m still working on getting my hips higher or at least closer to level with my knees. The Lucky Dave’s seat helped. I find when I sit on the bike with an air hawk cushion it’s almost perfect. Just super ugly. I’m going to sacrifice the stock seat to an upholstery guy and see what we can come up with. I did find the stock bars on 9.5 Thrashin risers made long rides far more comfortable. As did Biltwell Mushman foot pegs.
what cable extension kit did you go with? 14 in? Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
WellAimedRound (06-29-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 01:45 AM
ALEX OBEROV
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys, I see that many of you have already raised your handlebars, so I have a question since I have never done this before. Will I have to extend the cables if I go from stock 4" risers to 5.5" pullback? I feel almost comfortable at the stock level, but I need a pullback and a little higher for an ideal position. I have short arms lol, so pullback + extra 1.5 lift will move the bar closer to me. Looking at my current cables I can't tell they are tight and only 1.5 inches doesn't seem like a big deal to me... but what do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

Old 07-08-2022, 03:44 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,926 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEX OBEROV
Hey guys, I see that many of you have already raised your handlebars, so I have a question since I have never done this before. Will I have to extend the cables if I go from stock 4" risers to 5.5" pullback? I feel almost comfortable at the stock level, but I need a pullback and a little higher for an ideal position. I have short arms lol, so pullback + extra 1.5 lift will move the bar closer to me. Looking at my current cables I can't tell they are tight and only 1.5 inches doesn't seem like a big deal to me... but what do you guys think? Thanks in advance!
You don't need longer wires for the 5.5" pullback risers.
Loosen the hand controls and pull the turn signal wire slack through the bar.
You might have to slightly loosed a brake banjo fitting and swivel (move) it.
Clutch cable can be re-routed outside of the triple tree or replace the upper clutch cable with a longer one, I used one from a standard Low Rider FXLR.

The following 2 users liked this post by OldMike:
ALEX OBEROV (07-08-2022), Durham man (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 06:23 AM
WellAimedRound
Advanced
Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

Everything OldMike said. On the clutch cable, you can still run it thru the triple tree hole for the clean look by running it on the opposite side. You’ll have to undo it from the clamp below the frame up front that keeps it secure crossing over from the right to left side. This gave me plenty of slack to run it like stock up top with those same 5.5 pull back risers but just on the opposite side of frame for the clean look and reduce chance of the cable rubbing the tree if ran outside over time. Just a thought. Good Luck.

The following 2 users liked this post by WellAimedRound:
ALEX OBEROV (07-08-2022), Durham man (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 08:09 AM
TwistedMetal
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed the 6" pull back Biltwell Murdock on my 2022 and everything worked including the clutch cable....(although I may move it to the other side as mentioned just to give it a bit more slack). That being said I think that's all there is.... I wouldn't go any taller than that.
Also worth noting that the Murdocks have both risers legs attached together by the bottom crossover piece (that the top clap bolts to) and cables need to be passed through a hole in the bottom so all the harnesses need to be unplugged and passed through the whole and then plugged back in......a bit more work, but happy with them in the end.

ALEX OBEROV (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 08:10 PM
Tahoe Pete
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Side view of showing detachable bags and and stage 4 131 upgrade.

Low rider s with bagger nation aftermarket fender 2019 fxbb license and tail lights, custom dynamics conversion module, no ugly Fxlrs tail light and a custom dynamics flex led strip wire to only light up when braking. Kind of street bob meets low rider….. note this has a stage 4 131 upgrade kit and Screaming Eagle performance pipes. I like power but don’t need to be loud….

Last edited by Tahoe Pete; 07-08-2022 at 08:12 PM.
ALEX OBEROV (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 10:56 PM
ALEX OBEROV
4th Gear

Thanks guys! I'll try Biltwell Murdock 6" then and hope it will help my broken back lol

Old 07-08-2022, 11:11 PM
ALEX OBEROV
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Tahoe Pete

Side view of showing detachable bags and and stage 4 131 upgrade.

Low rider s with bagger nation aftermarket fender 2019 fxbb license and tail lights, custom dynamics conversion module, no ugly Fxlrs tail light and a custom dynamics flex led strip wire to only light up when braking. Kind of street bob meets low rider….. note this has a stage 4 131 upgrade kit and Screaming Eagle performance pipes. I like power but don’t need to be loud….
This fender looks cool man! I was very curious about it and currently looking at the one with the license plate frame, because I'm not really fan of the plate that sticks out on the side.
Also thinking about the bobbed one for street bob (from bagger nation, with the license plate frame), because I always liked the look of Dyna Low Rider S with the short fender. So difficult to make the decision! haha

Old 07-09-2022, 03:47 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,926 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEX OBEROV
Thanks guys! I'll try Biltwell Murdock 6" then and hope it will help my broken back lol
I use these:
Black 5.5" Pullback Handlebar Risers for Harley Sportster Dyna Softail Chopper | eBay

Last edited by OldMike; 07-09-2022 at 04:06 AM.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:53 PM
-Op-
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tahoe Pete

What Saddleman seat is this? Do you ride 2-up frequent? What's the overall review on it.

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners